one more query

hi all,

thanks traderji,aca_trader and sanjayguptadelhi for your prompt reply.:)

i still have two questions, plz guide

1) is there any free software that scans the stocks and filters them? i have tried amibroker, but it does not save data,
in fcharts, it is only available for pro version,
quotetracker does not have this facility
fibrotrader takes lot of space and my memory gets dump.
kindly suggest, and/or,

2) is there any website that scans for stocks and filters them?
i have tried buzzingstocks.com and stocks.dlngroup.com, but it is not
possible to scan with ur parameters, ex, 3 month high,etc.

any help will be appreciated

regards
sonu m.:)

timtomlee said:
hi all,

thanks traderji,aca_trader and sanjayguptadelhi for your prompt reply.:)

i still have two questions, plz guide

1) is there any free software that scans the stocks and filters them? i have tried amibroker, but it does not save data,
in fcharts, it is only available for pro version,
quotetracker does not have this facility
fibrotrader takes lot of space and my memory gets dump.
kindly suggest, and/or,

2) is there any website that scans for stocks and filters them?
i have tried buzzingstocks.com and stocks.dlngroup.com, but it is not
possible to scan with ur parameters, ex, 3 month high,etc.

any help will be appreciated

regards
Have you tried the research section of www.icicidirect.com?

Regards,
--Ashish

aca_trader said:
Have you tried the research section of www.icicidirect.com?

Regards,
--Ashish

You must be joking Ashish ... the ICICI direct Research section should get into the Guinness book for being the most bizarre item on the Net .. for example their writeup on background of a co will cover the period 1985 to 1999, and nothing after that !!

Look at this if you dont believe me ... http://content.icicidirect.com/research/myresearch/myresearch1.asp?icicicode=nirlon
Nirlon's Background stops at 1992, and if you click on Next , you see a whole new section. Excuse me Mr Kamath, we are in 2006 , what happened to Nirlon in the last 14 yrs

But I'm afraid I cant answer Timtom's query

AGILENT

Last edited:
hi ashish and agilent,

i tried buzzingstocks.com with close above 7day sma, 13 sma, 26sma and
50 day sma, i found the following stocks

GUJAMBCEM
PRISMCEM
GRASIM
AMARAJABAT
KESORAMIND
HEXAWARE
JBFIND
AUROPHARMA
CROMPGREAV
SHREECEM
EXIDEIND
LUMAXIND
ELDERPHARM
ORIENTHOT

KINDLY,ALL SENIOR MEMBERS GIVE UR ANALYSIS:

ARE ALL THE STOCKS WORTH BUYING, ARE THEY TRENDING AND AT
3 MONTH HIGH? I DONT KNOW WHAT IS 52 WEEK HIGH, OR 3 MONTH HIGH,
DOES THAT MEAN STOCKS LAST CLOSING PRICE IS AT 52 WEEK HIGH OR
3 MONTH HIGH?

ALSO, CAN U GIVE ME UR ANALYSIS OF THE ABOVE STOCKS AND HOW TO
ENTER AND EXIT?

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

REGARDS,
SONU M.:)

Agilent said:
You must be joking Ashish ... the ICICI direct Research section should get into the Guinness book for being the most bizarre item on the Net .. for example their writeup on background of a co will cover the period 1985 to 1999, and nothing after that !!

Look at this if you dont believe me ... http://content.icicidirect.com/research/myresearch/myresearch1.asp?icicicode=nirlon
Nirlon's Background stops at 1992, and if you click on Next , you see a whole new section. Excuse me Mr Kamath, we are in 2006 , what happened to Nirlon in the last 14 yrs

But I'm afraid I cant answer Timtom's query

AGILENT
Not joking entirely at all my dear friend. Its not a habit to joke people on their queries and doubts like some of the persons like to do.

The answer was purely in the context of stock screeners and the stock screener section of ICICIDirect- Research gives current data of the stock though the screener has a bias towards Fundamental Ananlysis.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

timtomlee said:
hi ashish and agilent,

i tried buzzingstocks.com with close above 7day sma, 13 sma, 26sma and
50 day sma, i found the following stocks

GUJAMBCEM
PRISMCEM
GRASIM
AMARAJABAT
KESORAMIND
HEXAWARE
JBFIND
AUROPHARMA
CROMPGREAV
SHREECEM
EXIDEIND
LUMAXIND
ELDERPHARM
ORIENTHOT

KINDLY,ALL SENIOR MEMBERS GIVE UR ANALYSIS:

ARE ALL THE STOCKS WORTH BUYING, ARE THEY TRENDING AND AT
3 MONTH HIGH? I DONT KNOW WHAT IS 52 WEEK HIGH, OR 3 MONTH HIGH,
DOES THAT MEAN STOCKS LAST CLOSING PRICE IS AT 52 WEEK HIGH OR
3 MONTH HIGH?

ALSO, CAN U GIVE ME UR ANALYSIS OF THE ABOVE STOCKS AND HOW TO
ENTER AND EXIT?

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

REGARDS,
SONU M.:)
Sonu,

First of all, if you are unaware of the terminologies of the market, it's better to take a course into them. First try to understand the market phenomenon, terminologies, market behaviour and only after you have gained an understanding, you should think about screening stocks on the parameters you want to use.

For example, if you go into a sweets shops, you dont ask the waiter to bring u anything. You decide the sweet to be eaten depending upon the taste you have developed over your life, the raw material of the sweet, the texture, color, scent etc. Then you decide upon a few of ur favourites and finally eat one or two of the varities.

If you go for stock screeners w/o having any knowledge, you wont be able to gain anything rather the chances of loss will increase. Afterall, stock screeners dont make u a trader or give u any trading lesson. They simply are a tool to use your own knowledge in a manner which saves time and energy so that you can concentrate upon the more important tasks like decision making. For getting preliminary understanding of market terminology and behaviour, you can go through www.investopedia.com and www.stockcharts.com and read the jewels on this forum as well.

Coming to your original question, VVonteru is the person who uses MA crossovers as setup and entry tools and hence asking him about the stocks generated by your screener may be the best step.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

aca_trader said:
Sonu,

First of all, if you are unaware of the terminologies of the market, it's better to take a course into them. First try to understand the market phenomenon, terminologies, market behaviour and only after you have gained an understanding, you should think about screening stocks on the parameters you want to use.

For example, if you go into a sweets shops, you dont ask the waiter to bring u anything. You decide the sweet to be eaten depending upon the taste you have developed over your life, the raw material of the sweet, the texture, color, scent etc. Then you decide upon a few of ur favourites and finally eat one or two of the varities.

If you go for stock screeners w/o having any knowledge, you wont be able to gain anything rather the chances of loss will increase. Afterall, stock screeners dont make u a trader or give u any trading lesson. They simply are a tool to use your own knowledge in a manner which saves time and energy so that you can concentrate upon the more important tasks like decision making. For getting preliminary understanding of market terminology and behaviour, you can go through www.investopedia.com and www.stockcharts.com and read the jewels on this forum as well.

Coming to your original question, VVonteru is the person who uses MA crossovers as setup and entry tools and hence asking him about the stocks generated by your screener may be the best step.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

hi ashish,

thanks for ur advice. my question itself reveals that i am a novice in the market and that is the very reason i posted such questions to get wise feedback from senior members like u.

i will definetly follow ur advice.

regards,

aca_trader said:
Not joking entirely at all my dear friend. Its not a habit to joke people on their queries and doubts like some of the persons like to do.

The answer was purely in the context of stock screeners and the stock screener section of ICICIDirect- Research gives current data of the stock though the screener has a bias towards Fundamental Ananlysis.

Best Regards,
--Ashish

There you go again, Ashish.... taking offence when none is warranted.

Listen, expressions such as ... 'You must be joking' , or 'you must be kidding', or 'give me a break' are all expressions/idioms which cannot be interpreted literally, which you seem to be doing.

When I said you must be joking, I was directing my emotions towards ICICI Dir Research, and not towards you ..

I hope you understand.

AGILENT:)

Agilent said:
There you go again, Ashish.... taking offence when none is warranted.

Listen, expressions such as ... 'You must be joking' , or 'you must be kidding', or 'give me a break' are all expressions/idioms which cannot be interpreted literally, which you seem to be doing.

When I said you must be joking, I was directing my emotions towards ICICI Dir Research, and not towards you ..

I hope you understand.

AGILENT:)
No offence taken or given, Agilent. :)

Best Regards & welcome back to action.
--Ashish

frm: gandhiadg:

To; Senior Members:

Are there software available for the Indian Stock Market which scans for various chart patterns like breakouts from rectanges, triangles, inverted heads and shoulders, double bottoms etc....over short, medium and long term data range. Please advise.

Thks in advance.
gandhiadg.