One more newbee: some more terminology Questions

Hello All,

I have been a guest reader and have benefitted immensely for past 4-5 weeks just by reading, so now startedhaving questions on some terms and have failed to relate to , kindly help me seniors..

-WHats the Difference between Swing trader, Position trader and what technical analysis methodologies are related to both.

-How does day trading relates to swing & position traders?

- Please explain this excerpt ( yes that one of the reason..the second reason is that an add means a price retracement to 15 EMA which means one leg of the trend is over...similarly the second add happens when the second leg on trend is over... and same with third), what is a leg of a trend...

I humbly request to please put extra 5 mins in your reply if possible to illustrate with an example...

-what do these terms mean:
*Brokerage for Delivery is 0.5%, Intra-Day is 0.1% for each Leg
*Brokerages : Delivery - 0.25%, Intra-Day : 0.07%
Min. Brokerage is 5 Paisa per share
* 0.057% each way for delivery based trading
* monthly minimum commitment of rs800( Is this minimum in commissions or trading amount.
* when taxes are charged( STD) is it on profit made or total amount

How to find the stocks available for BTST( buy today sell tommorrow) with brokers, are they same for all brokers or differ form one to another

What is ATST

Please excuse me if this is more than supposed to be asked in one post but became eager to know to understand further more from all the seniors have to offer.

Thanx & Regards,
Vivek

Hello All,

I have been a guest reader and have benefitted immensely for past 4-5 weeks just by reading, so now startedhaving questions on some terms and have failed to relate to , kindly help me seniors..

-WHats the Difference between Swing trader, Position trader and what technical analysis methodologies are related to both.

-How does day trading relates to swing & position traders?

- Please explain this excerpt ( yes that one of the reason..the second reason is that an add means a price retracement to 15 EMA which means one leg of the trend is over...similarly the second add happens when the second leg on trend is over... and same with third), what is a leg of a trend...

I humbly request to please put extra 5 mins in your reply if possible to illustrate with an example...

-what do these terms mean:
*Brokerage for Delivery is 0.5%, Intra-Day is 0.1% for each Leg
*Brokerages : Delivery - 0.25%, Intra-Day : 0.07%
Min. Brokerage is 5 Paisa per share
* 0.057% each way for delivery based trading
* monthly minimum commitment of rs800( Is this minimum in commissions or trading amount.
* when taxes are charged( STD) is it on profit made or total amount

How to find the stocks available for BTST( buy today sell tommorrow) with brokers, are they same for all brokers or differ form one to another

What is ATST

Please excuse me if this is more than supposed to be asked in one post but became eager to know to understand further more from all the seniors have to offer.

Thanx & Regards,
Vivek

yaar you better call any broker office they will explain you personally,

dear catchdtrade,

I'd be precise, please search forum for more details.

1. swing trade, position trade - only time frame, swing is shorter a few days to weeks, position is longer a few weeks to months to years (as long as the trend is intact).

2. day trading is related to swing or position trades just as buying today and sell today (day trade), buy today sell in a few days to weeks (swing trade), buying today and selling in a few weeks to months (position trades)

3. The leg in the "excerpt" is related Elliot Wave Analysis.

4. Terms:

Brokerage "leg" - buy or sell transaction is called a leg here.
Each "way" - again means buy or sell transaction.

5. BTST = ATST (Acquire Today Sell Tommorrow), yes, they are different for different brokers.

please see brokerage related sections to understand the "Terms" you want to understand. :)