One Lot Trader

Reading threads of senior traders here, I realize that adding aggressively to a trade that has started moving in your direction is very important.

Now, I want to ask, if a person has capital for 1 lot only after keeping a risk buffer (aggravated by the fact that lot size has increased in this series), then is it possible for an intra-day trader to be successful?
If, yes then what is reasonable expectation per month?

Looking forward to replies of all seniors.

ST, TraderRavi, XRAY , Subhadip, JaganKris... please do reply

praveen98

Reading threads of senior traders here, I realize that adding aggressively to a trade that has started moving in your direction is very important.

Now, I want to ask, if a person has capital for 1 lot only after keeping a risk buffer (aggravated by the fact that lot size has increased in this series), then is it possible for an intra-day trader to be successful?

Hi Trade_Artist,
Yes, even with a single lot one can be profitable....One should learn to trade with one lot if one is profitable with one lot then he can device a plan to pyramid....
Reasonable expectation differs from trader to trader...instrument to instrument ...
For a newbie trader it is better to learn defensive skills first rather than offence...
One need to protect his capital from erosion then one can think off reasonable expectations...after having a good sample size of one's own trades...one can decide what is his own reasonable expectation of return...(hopefully +ve return)
All the best:thumb:

TraderRavi

low risk profile

in daytrading pyramiding not advisable as we have to take profits fast , anytime market can reverse in daytrading.