ODIN Trader Workstation 7.10X :Help required in installation

Hi friends

I have intsalled ODIN Trader Workstation 7.10X which was supplied by service provider . I Stay in singapore and after installation trying to log in with user ID and password but end up with error ,"Connection Busy Error (Check connection integirty)".

Where as my securitities service provider able to log in with my user id and password. I tunred off windows fire wall, but still same problem.

Does any one faced same problem?I ahve installed on my personal laptop and can any one tell me , any firewall settings i need turn off , so that connection is smooth.
Or any usefull ideas? Thanks in advance for your time

Tahnks and regards
Sudhakara

Hi friends

I have intsalled ODIN Trader Workstation 7.10X which was supplied by service provider . I Stay in singapore and after installation trying to log in with user ID and password but end up with error ,"Connection Busy Error (Check connection integirty)".

Where as my securitities service provider able to log in with my user id and password. I tunred off windows fire wall, but still same problem.

Does any one faced same problem?I ahve installed on my personal laptop and can any one tell me , any firewall settings i need turn off , so that connection is smooth.
Or any usefull ideas? Thanks in advance for your time

Tahnks and regards
Sudhakara
Hi Sudhakara

Your broker can give u his IP Address
Then from windows start menu click run and type

tracert "Broker IP Address" -t and press enter

for example if your Broker IP Add 10.11.12.13 then u have to type
tracert 10.11.12.13 -t

If in Dos prompt cmd windows u get ping then start odin and login using your username and password. If u get timeout then contact your broker.

Harish Chheda

nareshch

Hi Sudhakara

Your broker can give u his IP Address
Then from windows start menu click run and type

tracert "Broker IP Address" -t and press enter

for example if your Broker IP Add 10.11.12.13 then u have to type
tracert 10.11.12.13 -t

If in Dos prompt cmd windows u get ping then start odin and login using your username and password. If u get timeout then contact your broker.

Harish Chheda
Hi Harish ,

It should be Ping <broker's ip > -t . This is to check the connectivity to broker from your pc. tracert is used to check the route to the broker ip . tracert < broker'sip> , Traert with -t wont work .

Naresh

The 'Connection Busy Error (check integrity)' is an error when the ODIN Client cannot locate the IP address it is supposed to connect to. (someone tell FT a better error report would have said "ip not found". *rolling eyes*).

back to topic, The IP address is the broker's server. it cannot be anyone else. First, ask your broker for the SERVER IP and then goto (in win XP) - Click Start BUtton -type rUn-Regedit-goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODIN\ODIN6\ODIN Manager\Client TCP-IP (its got a windows explorer like navigation, and DONT delete anything). You should see a field saying "Remote Address"

If you see the same IP as you got from your broker then something else if wrong, but if the TWO numbers are different, then CHANGE the REGISTRY one to the one your broker has given you. Problem solved.

If they are the same, then its something with your internet which is the problem and not odin.

if this is too confusing, CALL the BROKER and ask him to send you ANOTHER copy of odin and that should work, (coz he would've done all the registry editing). of course, if it dont work, its your internet.

im inclined to believe that your brokers the worry.

hope this helps.