ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

1) there is one chirayu ka sw yeh kya hai. koyi tho bathayeh.
give anybody using it or knowing how it is and what is the use of its.

2) I want to get the ' NSE cash & fno IEOD data ' backfill for the period of 1/1/2000 to 31/12/2011
the 1 min OHLC data in excel or txt or in any tiny utility format is good for using into charts.

Last edited:
Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Hi,

I recently updated to version 10 of Odin. Normal data extraction works fine. However, backfilling from Intraday chart doesn't. Clicking Odin Backfill doesn't show any files in the list. Could you please check.

Files in the \ODIN\Diet\ChartData directory are now named like NIFTY12APRFUT[NSE FAO]10.tl

Thanks,

Milind

Last edited:

Hi,

I recently updated to version 10 of Odin. Normal data extraction works fine. However, backfilling from Intraday chart doesn't. Clicking Odin Backfill doesn't show any files in the list. Could you please check.

Files in the \ODIN\Diet\ChartData directory are now named like NIFTY12APRFUT[NSE FAO]10.tl

Thanks,

Milind
hi milind
a time being soloution
right click the scrip which you want to back fill,click inyraday chart then after opening chart rightclick on chart space and save chart as xl.
import in ami is as you know easy.
:)

hi milind
a time being soloution
right click the scrip which you want to back fill,click inyraday chart then after opening chart rightclick on chart space and save chart as xl.
import in ami is as you know easy.
:)
Thanks for your response sikandar. But I am not able to figure this one. Right click -> Save allows it to save file as an xml. The result is a .xml file and .zm file, both of them binary. Not sure how to use those files. It is Odin Diet that I use - in case that matters.

-- Milind

Dear Sunnav,

No, no feature has been disabled in limited version except for the restriction in processing number of scripts. You should get metastock chart update when followed below steps.

1. Open Metastock before running chartsdata
2. Start ChartsData and make sure to see real-time data update in chartdata watch-list via ODIN or Yahoo
3. Choose Metastock option and click UPDATE - you can see the custom refresh interval is set to 5 seconds, change it to recommended 15 or 20 seconds
4. After few seconds, metastock files will be created at C:\ChartsData\MSData\MinuteData folder - open charts from this folder.

Please follow as mentioned above and let me know if you still face issues.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Dear Sir,

Using Metstock 11. In ***\MinuteData\.... there are no file detected from Metastock. It seen that there was no file.. Any idea ???

trump

Thanks for your response sikandar. But I am not able to figure this one. Right click -> Save allows it to save file as an xml. The result is a .xml file and .zm file, both of them binary. Not sure how to use those files. It is Odin Diet that I use - in case that matters.

-- Milind
Any help regarding this :)