ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Hi,
I am using Vetura's Pointer software. Can any one help me if any utility/software which can take feed from Ventura's pointer software and feed it to Metastock.

I will happy to have 1 min. data feed in Metastock format.

I have heared the VENTUR'AS pointer is similar to IIFL ttadvance terminal but not sure.

All the guru's in this field can revert back.
Thank's in advance

Regards

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Loganathan Sir,

I am using Win 7 32 bit, and FChart SE , I ve trading a/c with angel broking, they provide me with odin, sir i need to study TA by importing data from ODIN to Fchart. Please help by step by step guidance , if already answered to any query like this b4 pls provide the link. It will be very helpfull..... Thanks in advance.
I think you can call 02233551111 (Angel Broker Tech Help line) to get details

sach007

Impatient Trader

Hi Loga,
I have problem with chartsdata.... when doing odin backfill... chartsdata required .dat file for chart in c:\odin\diet\chartdata but now new odin is having .tl file so how to backfill it with chartsdata... I think some update is required in chartsdata software.

Hope for early reply.

Dear Prince,

Yes, using ODIN Backfill feature if you have enabled Intraday Charts in your ODIN Diet terminal. Please find below steps to backfill today's intraday data in 1minute format.

Procedure to use ODIN Backfill: (backfill todays NSE/BSE/MCX/NCDEX/NSE F&O/BSE F&O)
1. In ODIN, right click on any script and you can see an option named "Intraday Charts" with Ctrl+I as hot key. - Select this and you can view the chart starting from 9am.
2. During this time, a data file will be saved at C:\ODIN\Diet\Chartdata in the format YYMMDD<<code>>N-I.dat or YYMMDD<<code>>.dat
3. Note down the file name for the script you opened.
4. In ChartsData, click ODIN Backfill option and you can see the same filename listed (if your ODIN Chartdata folder is different, change it at the top of the window)
5. Give corresponding script name (use the same script name as in your TA charts else a new script will be created) for the ODIN file you noted above and click UPDATE (during this time, your TA should be in updated mode)

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

hi sir,
is thr anyway v can bckfill 1 min data of a commodity frm odin to amibroker using chrtsdata??
I trade commodoties @ nite aftr coming bck frm office and so need intra data for the sme day frm odin.......is it possible??
Looking forwrd for a reply frm u

Dear Rao,

This is not an error - it is a warning to indicate that the website (YAH00/NSE) doesn't have autorized certificate to your browser/anti-virus app. During chartsdata load, it will contact YAH00 and NSE server to retrieve required details however your browser seems to be looking for authorized certificate which is not available and hence the warning.

You can just ignore the warning and proceed.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Dear Rithu,

ChartsData comes with a help document and you can find it by pressing F1 (after chartsdata was loaded) or clikc Help link or find ChartsData.chm file in the installation directory.

Please go through this help file to know how to setup and work with the features of chartsdata.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Dear Loganathan Sir,

I am using Win 7 32 bit, and FChart SE , I ve trading a/c with angel broking, they provide me with odin, sir i need to study TA by importing data from ODIN to Fchart. Please help by step by step guidance , if already answered to any query like this b4 pls provide the link. It will be very helpfull..... Thanks in advance.

Dear Sach,

.tl file was there from the beginning - two files will be created on viewing intraday charts in ODIN Diet terminal, one with .tl extension and another with .dat. "script name".tl file will host the script name and "datetime".dat file will hold the tick data used for charting and we are using this .dat file for our backfilling.

Please go through the ODIN Backfill steps mentioned 3 posts back and you might get a clear idea of how it is done and let me know if you need further information.

Thanks & Regards,
Loganathan

Hi Loga,
I have problem with chartsdata.... when doing odin backfill... chartsdata required .dat file for chart in c:\odin\diet\chartdata but now new odin is having .tl file so how to backfill it with chartsdata... I think some update is required in chartsdata software.
Hope for early reply.

Hi Sir,
i installed chartsdata on my computer and it also started....bt nw its nt allowing to do anything :(
i m posting the screenshot whr in odin is running fine bt chartsdata nt showing the first two scripts of the marketwatch :(
pls help

Last edited: