ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Tangotaurian,

I haven't changed webdata.exe nor chartsdata in the data fetching functionality, i've just included few features to facilitate more options. Please ensure below things
1. make your deafult browser as IE if anything else
2. make sure you are connected to internet and webdata.exe is running along with chartsdata

All the radio buttons will be enabled only if you see scripts in watchlist updating.

Yes, you wont get volume data for nse bse indices from yah00 and i can't do anything coz i am not data vendor.

Problem with the candlestick color doesnt matter with chartsdata, it should be some settings with amibroker, please check over.
Loganathan

Dear techdump,
thnx a lot for latest version. But in Chartsdata m not able to click on any of the radio buttons except ODIN & yahoo. Earlier I was able to fetch the data through yahoo, but now no success. I am facing two more problems as follows:
I am not able to see Nifty spot EOD volumes in daily, weekly, monthly chart. Please find the attachment.
The problem of candlesticks color, Up candlestick is suppose to be green & Down candlestick is suppose to be red, but its showing opposite. The problem exists only for daily chart for all stocks & indices. Please find the attachment.

Kindly look into the issue.

TT

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Sahil Amin,

Thanks.

YES, it is possible to store ODIN data to SQL database/Excel for every second but need to program based on your requirements. Mail me your exact requirement.

You can find ExcelUpdate.xls file in your chartsdata installation folder. Once you run chartsdata.exe and found realtime data, open ExcelUpdate.xls and select ODIN/YAH00 sheet and press START to see realtime data refreshing every 5 seconds.

Loganathan

Hii logan,

Your software is awesome. I started searching the net for my client. He has some specific requirement.

He wants to do analysis on Volume for every second. So I require to store ODIN values of every second in to database from where I can calulate and generate report. I just wanted to confirm few things as below. Can you pls help me.....??

Can I use ChartsData to store ODIN values to SQL database or excel ? It should record values for every second. Is this possible?

Also would like to know how to store ODIN values to excel thru ChartsData.

Please help.
--
Regards,
Sahil Amin

Dear Patel,

Yes, you can import indices data manually to amibroker thru import facility. You can get indices data but in one condition, you should have all the necessary columns selected in your odin.

Sir,

We can add any INDICES in odin market watch window but we can get only LTP of indices not getting other data like opne,high,low,colse and last traded time for indices. we cant fetch this data ?
Also we can get indices tick data in txt formet from ODIN>market>DataWindow. These data files are dwonloading in C:\ODIN\DIET\Data .Can we import this data file in Amibroker or other TA software ?

Jpatel

Dear TheSaint,

Great, finally got it. Yes you can inculde nifty future only if your data source is ODIN but you cant get futures data from yah00. In ODIN, select nifty futures, options or scrips and you can find the same scripts, futures and options updating relatime in chartsdata, which in turn can export to charts by selecting appropriate TA softwares.

Loganathan

Dear Loganathan,
i would like to inform u that ur programme today was working on windows vista i would like to ask u to pls help me add only nifty future so that i can get real time data in AB i will really be thankfull to u if u provide nifty future to ur charts data programme hope to hear soon

i would again like to thank u for the programme
also i would test your programme on monday live and tell u how its working during live mkts hours
regards

Dear Manaranjan,

1 min or 5 min tabs are same from the first version released but i guess you might have learned just now on how to use it. If the problem is with tabs then it wont work all the times instead of working partially. Anyhow, finally got it to work and thats great.

Dear Techdump
Good news to you and me. Today also same type of problem in back-filling in 1 minute tab. Then I delete all data from amibroker and back-fill from 5-min tab. It worked. Then I back-fill from 1-min tab. All problem solved. I think the problem is in 1-min tab. You see it, I might be wrong.
Thanks and regards

Thank you for your positive response. Can I have your contact details so that I can send you my requirements. Email ID would also do. Mine is [email protected].

Dear TechDump,

Its working on Vista now. Did you do some modifications on serverside? Lets hope it continues working realtime when mkts open on monday.

Did you also look into that problem of scrip names changing to DATE format after few hrs of running Chartsdata? I had attached JPG of that problem.

BTW, just a thought, How safe is the yahoo username and passwords when sent through your software. I hope you dont mind asking this.

Great work, All the best,

Dear Ashu,

I haven't changed anything on the server side and let me know if you got any error hereafter.

Nice question. Don't worry friend, your username and password will be safe and i can't trade it anywhere else cause i had just automated the yahoo login process once you mention your userid and password. If you check your system after logging in to yahoo, you can find a yahoo cookie created at your cookie folder which ensures you to get realtime data. That's it.

Dear TechDump,

Its working on Vista now. Did you do some modifications on serverside? Lets hope it continues working realtime when mkts open on monday.

Did you also look into that problem of scrip names changing to DATE format after few hrs of running Chartsdata? I had attached JPG of that problem.

BTW, just a thought, How safe is the yahoo username and passwords when sent through your software. I hope you dont mind asking this.

Great work, All the best,

Dear VijayShree,

Please find below the link to download new version.

Link: http://www. 4 s h a r e d . c o m/file/90514692/973b10dd/ChartsData_v1_setup.html (REMOVE SPACES)
Password: Traderji

Just install and spend sometime with the software to learn how to use it. Find ExcelUpdate.xls in the installation directory and let me know if you find any difficulty.

from where to get chartsdata software to open odin data into excel ? What is price ?