ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Thanks Techdump
for answering to my Query.

I checked in Taskmanager and found that subprogram WebData process is also running.

Regarding VISTA, It did run on that but freezed just after market opened yesterday. seems like webdata process got some issues with vista. u may check this when u make it Vista complied.

Another thing I noticed, on XP system , after keeping it on (without amibroker updating) the watchlist changed its format and all scrip names were changed to DATE. making it rather difficult to understand what scrip/index got what value. However live rates were changing rightly. me checked with asian/US mkts as NSE is closed today.

Hope my inputs will help you make this application more stable across all platforms. its a great s/w otherewise.

All the best
-Ashu

Dear Ashu,

The attachment clearly shows that the sub-program webdata.exe might not be running in the backend to fetch yahoo data. As i said already, i haven't checked this utility in vista but few members do have installed in vista and working properly, if chartsdata is working in xp then why not in vista? if not then the only reason might be some missing/unsupported dll files. I will check into this after validating with vista version and let you know.

Attachments

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Mr. techdump i m using windows vista home basic and windows vista business edition when i installed your chartsdata software on windows vista home basic it frist use to nicely work but afterwards it had yahoo login error and lately stopped working now when i installed your latest version its giving me the following error

Last edited:

Dear Techdump

Thank you for your explanation. But what Ashu says about all scrips changed to date format happened to me twice. At that time I restart chartdata and it works fine. It seems some small problem persists. Wish you all our friends a great HOLI.
Thanks and regards

Dear Ashu,

Thanks for bringing it to my notice, i will resolve this as this might happen when you create/modify profile and if it occurs in other scenarios, i will check it out. Sure, will make it Vista compatible in my next version.

Thanks Techdump
for answering to my Query.

I checked in Taskmanager and found that subprogram WebData process is also running.

Regarding VISTA, It did run on that but freezed just after market opened yesterday. seems like webdata process got some issues with vista. u may check this when u make it Vista complied.

Another thing I noticed, on XP system , after keeping it on (without amibroker updating) the watchlist changed its format and all scrip names were changed to DATE. making it rather difficult to understand what scrip/index got what value. However live rates were changing rightly. me checked with asian/US mkts as NSE is closed today.

Hope my inputs will help you make this application more stable across all platforms. its a great s/w otherewise.

All the best
-Ashu

Dear TheSaint,

As i said before, current version of ChartsData is not Vista compatible as i haven't checked it before. From you attachment, i came to conclusion that your internet connection might be lost during ChartsData startup/running mode, please ensure whether internet connection is alive or not while running ChartsData.

Dear Mr. techdump i m using windows vista home basic and windows vista business edition when i installed your chartsdata software on windows vista home basic it frist use to nicely work but afterwards it had yahoo login error and lately stopped working now when i installed your latest version its giving me the following error

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Ami, Mstock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Dear Shretal,

Please find below the link to download new version.

Link: http://www. 4 s h a r e d . c o m/file/90514692/973b10dd/ChartsData_v1_setup.html (REMOVE SPACES)
Password: Traderji

Just install and spend sometime with the software to learn how to use it. Let me know if you find difficulty.

helli sir,

i am new member so please give me a detail about that
and give me a detail how to setup.
give me a ur software link or setup

please
and give me a reply as soon as possible

Mr. techdump i have a broadband connections and don't have a connection breakdown during the charts data is started or is alive during online only facin the problem as i had posted pls let me know if it can be rectified and also tell me y is it a evalution copy hope to hear soon

regards

I too get the same error msg which theSaint has talked above. My broadband too is connected hasslefree all the time.

Ashu2025 u too are facin the same problem what i m facing Mr. techdump when i creat the profile i don't get the screen only the default watchlist is seen under the Cash and F&O option above the right hand side corner previously when i had installed ur frist version the chartsdata was running very nice only had the yahoo login error rest everthing was goind on well with the vista os home basic version only now when i installed the latest version i m facing this problem hope to get it rectified and hear from u soon m waiting for ur reply

ashu2025 can u share ur yahoo id pls

regards

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know when will you change the program and will you also resolve the time issue as I get data only from 8.30 am to 11.30 am where as market close at 3.30 pm eastern time.

Regards
rajiv