ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Hi Techdump,
I have tried several times but almost everything is disabled when i try to fetch data from yahoo either live or backfill. i did have a working watchlist but it wont show anything after 10am in the morning. Even when I am updating/creating a new watchlist. its saved without any error but it doesnt show anthing . not even the scrip names. whole watch list area is just empty.

Is this some sort of registry setting error. I think sumthing big happening as I read above that some other members are also facing the same problem.

i also uninstalled and deleted folders then reinstalled. Problem always persisted.
Please update.
Thanks,
Ashu

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Dear Saint,

Thanks you very much for enabling Editing options to my posts but I am unable to edit my first post which is pointing to the Old Version. I just want to change the link to point it to the new version released.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Loganathan
Seniors,
I am not able to install properly charts data software. I will be thankful if anyone could help me through messenger or through email on how to install chartsdata.
My email is [email protected]
Regards
Shivi

Dear Techdump,

Thank u very much for developing such a nice utility......

thanks again

dn jadeja

Last edited:

Dear Techdump,

Please help me resolve this problem. are there any issues with Windows Vista. as its working fine on my other PC on XP.

I could only use the application for 1 day (for backfilling and EOD) and cudnt use it even once for RT yahoo data. I downloaded it day before yesterday. It was working fine till 9:55am yesterday but suddenly got disabled as soon as the mkt opened .

Now only the top toggle button of choosing between ODIN/YAHoo works without any results. All other buttons/options/features are disabled though it lets me modify.create watchlists but doesnt show them. I believe I a not making mistakes as I am managing it correctly on other PC. However I eventually wanna use it on my Laptop (Vista) where I have Amibroker already.

BTW, I uninstalled/reinstalled couple of times. Even fully copied the folders from PC to Laptop

Kindly help. my yahoo messenger ID = ashu2025

Thanks
Ashu

Hi Techdump,
I have tried several times but almost everything is disabled when i try to fetch data from yahoo either live or backfill. i did have a working watchlist but it wont show anything after 10am in the morning. Even when I am updating/creating a new watchlist. its saved without any error but it doesnt show anthing . not even the scrip names. whole watch list area is just empty.

Is this some sort of registry setting error. I think sumthing big happening as I read above that some other members are also facing the same problem.

i also uninstalled and deleted folders then reinstalled. Problem always persisted.
Please update.
Thanks,
Ashu

Attachments

Last edited:

Dear Patel,

You can't fetch Nifty Spot from ODIN, only scripts, futures and options that has been selected under your odin market watch window will be fetched but not indices from odin.

Hello Sir,

Yesterday i came to know that you released you new evolution version of ChartsData V.1 with solveing a Volume error. I installed ChartsData V.1 and today hole day i use it for fatching data form ODIN it working fine. now its nice utility for fatch data from ODIN without any delay.
still one problem i am facing that disable to fatching NIFTY SPOT data form ODIN. Is it possible ?

Thanks.
Jpatel

Dear Ranjan,

Backfilling problem might be due to 1 hr advance in US and reg. two names for a chart - i am not sure about this coz either you might have specified custom name or manually changed the symbol name, anyhow, i will check this.

Dear Techdump
Thank you for your explanation. But I am facing different kind of problem today.If anybody face same kind of problem like mine please post, unless I have to think of my system problem. First is todays back-filling. I am posting todays chart below.
2nd is there is a problem in chart preaparatin in jpassociat. Two chart are preparing jpassocia and jpassociat. Jpassociat runs only on intraday EOD version and jpassociat intraday version. If I have open a chart of nifty spot, after some time it automatically changes to jpassocia. This type of problem I am not facing in previous version. Please see into the matter.

Thanks and regards

Dear Ashu,

The attachment clearly shows that the sub-program webdata.exe might not be running in the backend to fetch yahoo data. As i said already, i haven't checked this utility in vista but few members do have installed in vista and working properly, if chartsdata is working in xp then why not in vista? if not then the only reason might be some missing/unsupported dll files. I will check into this after validating with vista version and let you know.

Dear Techdump,

Please help me resolve this problem. are there any issues with Windows Vista. as its working fine on my other PC on XP.

I could only use the application for 1 day (for backfilling and EOD) and cudnt use it even once for RT yahoo data. I downloaded it day before yesterday. It was working fine till 9:55am yesterday but suddenly got disabled as soon as the mkt opened .

Now only the top toggle button of choosing between ODIN/YAHoo works without any results. All other buttons/options/features are disabled though it lets me modify.create watchlists but doesnt show them. I believe I a not making mistakes as I am managing it correctly on other PC. However I eventually wanna use it on my Laptop (Vista) where I have Amibroker already.

BTW, I uninstalled/reinstalled couple of times. Even fully copied the folders from PC to Laptop

Kindly help. my yahoo messenger ID = ashu2025

Thanks
Ashu

Dear Shivi,

Download the latest version and install normally. It will ask you for password - type Traderji and complete your installtion. Just run it and select ODIN/YAH00 and go ahead with creating watch scripts, do backfill and Charts.

Seniors,
I am not able to install properly charts data software. I will be thankful if anyone could help me through messenger or through email on how to install chartsdata.
My email is [email protected]
Regards
Shivi

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Ami, Mstock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

helli sir,

i am new member so please give me a detail about that
and give me a detail how to setup.
give me a ur software link or setup

please
and give me a reply as soon as possible