ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

techdump

ODIN/***** realtime data to Ami, Mstock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backfill

Dear Members,

Wish everyone a healthy, wealthy and joyful new year 2009. Wish all your dreams come true in near future.

I am releasing the original version as another evaluation version with full capability that will work till March 2009. After february, all other facilities (Today, Y! Charts, Indices, News) works fine except ODIN/YAHOO Data to TA - Charts & Backfill facility (National).

Let me list out the features of ChartsData
------------------------------------------
1. One second Real-time ODIN data to Amibroker, Metastock and FCharts

2. Two second Real-time YAHOO data to Amibroker, Metastock and FCharts. Inline YAHOO login facility provided inorder to fetch real-time datas online and to avoid 15 mins delay.

3. BACKFILL OPTIONS
ODIN Backfill - "ODIN Chartdata" backfill will enable you to backfill current day's NSE/BSE/MCX/NCDEX/NSE F&O/BSE F&O backfill upto date​

NSE & BSE cash
One Min-last 1 day backfill
5 Min-last 5 day backfill
EOD backfill​
NSE F&O
EOD backfill for all indices, options and stock​

4. All ODIN & YAHOO Real-time/Backfill data's in text/csv format

5. BHAVCOPY downloads for
NSE
NSE F&O and
BSE​

6. NSE, BSE symbol update on one click.

7. NSE, BSE symbol search facility

8. NSE, BSE & MCX
Top Gainers/Losers
Most Active Securities/Contracts/Calls/Puts
Top Turnovers/Advances/Declines​

9. YAHOO Charts
Basic Chart
Interactive Chart​

10. WORLD INDICES
1 Day, 5 Day
1 Month, 3 Month, 6 Month
1 Year, 2 Year, 5 Year​

11. NEWS UPDATES from GOOGLE/YAHOO/REUTERS with SEARCH facility

Link to download ChartsData
http://www.4 s h a r e d . c o m/file/80051983/ac4291e8/ChartsData_setup.html (Remove spaces)

or

http://www.4 s h a r e d . c o m/file/90514692/973b10dd/ChartsData_v1_setup.html (Remove spaces)

Setup Password: Traderji

Database/Folder configurations should be done initially else TA charts won't update correctly.

Amibroker Configuration:
------------------------
Amibroker database will be automatically created under C:\ChartsData\Amibroker\ when you choose Amibroker -> Update button in ChartsData.

Just change the database settings in the Amibroker as mentioned below.
1. File -> Database Settings - A Dialog box will be opened with title "Database settings"
2. Ensure following settings has been selected under "Database settings" dialog
Data source: (local database)
Local data storage: Enable (recommended)
Number of bars: 1000
Base time interval: 1 Minute (IMPORTANT)​
3. Click "Intraday settings" button and another dialog box opens with title "Intraday settings"
4. Ensure following settings has been selected under "Intraday settings" dialog
Choose "Allow mixed EOD/Intraday data" under "Per-database settings" tab​
5. Click OK to exit "Intraday settings" dialog
6. Click OK again to exit "Database settings"
7. File -> Save All

Above settings ensures you to view both the Intraday and Daily datas by selecting "i" for intraday and "d" for daily.

Metastock configuration:
------------------------
Open Metastock before ChartsData and go ahead with Metastock -> Update button in ChartsData.

Intraday datas will be placed in the folder C:\ChartsData\MSData\MinuteData
EOD datas will be placed in the folder C:\ChartsData\MSData\EODData

Open corresponding folder and select scripts to view real-time charts updated every 5 seconds. If not updated, please close metastock, open it again and select scripts to view datas updated real-time.

FCharts Configuration:
----------------------
All the datas for FCharts will be placed under C:\ChartsData\FCharts\ when you choose FCharts -> Update in ChartsData.

Open FCharts, and choose "Intraday" button on the left hand side, which will open a dialog named "Live Data". Ensure following settings has been made to get real-time data.
Source: Ascii Files
choose "Open feed on startup"
Under Import Ascii Files, specify FCharts directory C:\ChartsData\FCharts\ and choose "Import changed files only"
Specify update frequency in seconds as you wish - Poll every _ seconds (1 to 60)
Click Start to update real-time/backfill datas​

As usual, looking forward for your queries and suggestions...

Happy Trading...

Loganathan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear friends,

I am in the process of developing a tool to import ODIN/***** real time data to Amibroker, Metastock, FCharts, Excel and Txt with ***** 1 min/5 min/Eod backfill.

Its features are
1. 1 second ODIN real time data can be imported to Amibroker, Metastock (with refresh - without screen/chart flickering), Fcharts, Excel and txt format.
2. 2 second ***** real time data can be imported to Amibroker, Metastock (with refresh - without flickering), Fcharts, Excel and txt format.
3. 1 min-last 1 day backfill, 5 min-last 5 day backfill and EOD backfill for all NSE/BSE scrips.
3. 1 minute update of World Indices, Commodities and Currencies can be viewed realtime
4. RSS News updates from GOOGLE/*****/REUTERS with Search facility

It is in the process of alpha testing and few of my friends are using it for their own use.

Please let me know if more features can be added to the above list.

I will post the software as soon as it passes alpha, beta and black box testing. Check out this thread for further updates.

Happy trading.

Logan

Last edited:
Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

It would be good to have orderbook data imported to Excel. Also, the software may be more useful if you are able to allow some form of DDE mechanism to allow access to all this data, so softwares other than you mentioned can also connect to ODIN.

Ank!t007

Re: ODIN/***** realtime data to Amibroker, Metastock, Fcharts, Excel & txt with Backf

Hi andygp,

Do you know how to plot delta in excel using external data feed /OB data ?

Ankit

post the alpha s/w link.... we shall try.... btw can u make s/w which can import RT data from Angel Anywhere to MS ?

Hello Ankit,

There is Data/Import Data link in excel. If your external data provider has given this link then you can bring the data in excel and plot, I believe. However, plotting real-time changing data in excel may be too computationally intensive.

I am sure you could write some VBA scripts which can do this with a cron job every few minutes or so.

Techdump,
Can you please let us try the beta version so that we can give you suggestions for improvements in the software.
If you could upload the file it would be really great.
I would like to know that where do you source the backfill data from ODIN, because I do not know of any historical data (5 day)being stored from ODIN.

techdump

Dear All,

Please find attached the snapshots of my tool "ChartsData".

I have added "BhavCopy update" to the tool, which will download both NSE & BSE bhavcopies from nseindia and bseindia websites for the chosen date and corresponding scrips data will be imported to the specific TA software.

As I am in the process of testing data validation (got some problems with Metastock data updations), i will upload the first version as soon as the problem is resolved.

I want the tool to be neat & clean as you guys use, else i assume i couldn't be able to reply to your questions.

As a software engineer, i came to stock market a year back with the introduction of Saint's "Teach a man to fish..." and started learning the TA with the intention of earning in the stock market. But i found it difficult to see the real time data charting as they cost more than what we earn initially... so i started my research some 8 months back and developed this tool.

A lot of guys helped me to understand the bits and bytes of share market and i take privilege to introduce my tool to Traderji members.

Special thanks to Saint for the wonderful writing. It helped me like a lot of beginners to enter into the stock world and helped me to learn A,B,C of Stock market.

Please check out this thread later for the tool in a few days.

Happy Trading.

Logan

andygp/ankit,
I have programmed to import ODIN/***** real time data to excel and you can connect this excel to any number of TA software's with DDE facility.

nehal,
Please wait for sometime as i want my tool to be used without bugs as it currently have few errors and i don't want you guys to get tensed on seeing those error messages while trading...

Attachments

Last edited:
R

robin_malihan

It seem u have devloped something good for the traders like me atleast...

keep it up , will be waiting for your software.

Robin