Odin diet v/s Trade Tiger

TracerBullet

odin/nest/now/TT are retail platforms and offer 1-sec snapshot data at the best, it can generate max 375*60=22500 data points i.e data points corresponding to 22500 seconds (375 mins is total trading time in mins). i can tell u this from my experience as i use TT.
Nest/ZT can give more than 1 update per second for a scrip through RTD - just fyi.

yusi

but lemme tell u the interesting part - when you look at the last traded time in watchlist or the rates fluctuating for lets say nifty fut, you won't see that its changing every second which it should be. but when you check data listing, you will get to find data points corresponding to every 1 sec. basically when you check the data listing, its a separate function performed altogether & TT fetches the data directly from their servers even though the same is not getting updated in last traded time/rates in watchlist!

hope this helps!
Good point where you drive a distinction between what is seen in a market watch (broadcast) and what is viewed in a graph (batch retrieval from server).

However, the evidence suggests otherwise for Odin. I have had occasion to compare the graph data points retrieved from graphs for the same scrip on the same day. To repeat the example, RKG's Odin showed 6800 quotes wheras Angel's Odin showed more than 16000 values for ITC Eq; or RKG gave 10K for NIFTY_1 compared to 21K from Angel. The expectation that both should give similar value is invalidated.

Also, data capture from the terminal also shows similar large differences. Hence, my conclusion. Maybe, one of these days I will repeat a formal experiment though it would not be possible on the same machine. At the risk of going OT, it would be similar to this one where the terminals showed 530 quotes in 600 seconds for YESBANK.

There is more to differences between TT and Odin that just quote count; I had mentioned this as just one measurable issue. Maybe the discussion should not get stuck on this point. ;)

Gaur_Krishna

Good post DSM.
TT really covers all these features. You have described well here...:thumb:

Regards,
Gaur_Krishna

Don't know much about Odin, as have used NSE NOW, NEST and Sharekhan's TradeTiger. So can fill up the part of the information, which may help.

Regards TT :

1. It is realtime, and don't see any issues with latency.

2. Charting is fantastic, with great intraday and intraday chart upto 30 days for swing trading, and EOD charts. (Guess no other trading platform provides these three in combination) Intraday, and upto 30 days intraday charts can be seen on a 1/3/5/10/15/30/60 or any other time frame of your choice. 4 Hour chart? No problem with TT, as long as you want to see the intraday data upto 30 days. The indicators are also customizable, and cover the ones used by traders the most. No other charting tool may be necessary to trade if you have TT. Furthermore, there is no limit to the stocks in your screen, and you are not restricted to 30 scripts. Why is that important? Say there is a stock that is trending and is as per your trading setup, how can you get to see it in realtime, without deleting a script or adding? Basically, I just sort and look for the top 5-7 scripts that are trending up or down. So this is another great aspect of TT.

3. TT also has pop-up alerts. You can set the trigger for any no. of scripts to alert you when it has reached a particular level. It helps to plan the trades.

4. TT also provides research. E.g if you are trading commodities, you get an alert when important data such as NFP, Crude and NG inventory etc. is released each week.

5. The question remains of brokerage, with different franchisees quoting different fees. Speak to different sub-brokers and get the best deal (which may be more than that charged by discount brokers though) So should you want to go for it, you will have to pay a higher brokerage or generate a certain minimal brokerage.

Trust this helps.

yusi

These were the figures that I got by extracting TT chart data today itself. So if someone, who has access to Odin Diet, could provide the data on that platform, we could immediately see the difference between the two.
Well, it seems that I was wrong. Barring Nifty Spot, the differences between Angel's Odin and TT are between 0 to 30%, and not as large as I thought.

The Angel files were provided by RM. Have requested from another user of Angel and Nirmal Bang for comparison, but they are awaited. Cannot give comparative figures for RKG as they only provide current day intraday graphs. The figures show Symbol TT (yours) - Odin. This is followed by a figure of unique timestamps in brackets. Note that the values may include quotes outside market hours.

Spot
1. Nifty 14626 - 22215 (16393)
2. Reliance 13874 - 15562 (13839)
3. SBIN 11230 - 12363 (11156)
4. Bharti Airtel 10268 - 11666 (10446)
5. Adani Power 5668 - 5874 (5631)
6. GMR 6502 - 6779 (6479)
7. Glaxo 553 - 560 (548)

Futures
8. Nifty Sep Futures 13067 - 15473 (13067)
9. Reliance Sep Futures 7425 - 9124 (7423)
10. SBIN Sep Futures 5115 - 6631 (5114)

Options
11. Nifty 8000CE 10020 - 11214 (10020)

A special note is required as regards the figures in brackets. As TracerBullet has mentioned there may be more than 1 update per second; and it deserves a closer look. The image of Reliance spot shows multiple instances where quotes have the same time-stamp. In almost all the cases observed, these occurrences have either a 'tick' missing before or after. It would perhaps be okay, though debatable, to conclude that these occur due to timer jitter, and are not cases where a 1 second snapshot assumption is invalidated.

Will leave it to you to check if the TT quotes are the ones with or without duplicate time-stamps.

Well, it seems that I was wrong. Barring Nifty Spot, the differences between Angel's Odin and TT are between 0 to 30%, and not as large as I thought.

The Angel files were provided by RM. Have requested from another user of Angel and Nirmal Bang for comparison, but they are awaited. Cannot give comparative figures for RKG as they only provide current day intraday graphs. The figures show Symbol TT (yours) - Odin. This is followed by a figure of unique timestamps in brackets. Note that the values may include quotes outside market hours.

Spot
1. Nifty 14626 - 22215 (16393)
2. Reliance 13874 - 15562 (13839)
3. SBIN 11230 - 12363 (11156)
4. Bharti Airtel 10268 - 11666 (10446)
5. Adani Power 5668 - 5874 (5631)
6. GMR 6502 - 6779 (6479)
7. Glaxo 553 - 560 (548)

Futures
8. Nifty Sep Futures 13067 - 15473 (13067)
9. Reliance Sep Futures 7425 - 9124 (7423)
10. SBIN Sep Futures 5115 - 6631 (5114)

Options
11. Nifty 8000CE 10020 - 11214 (10020)

A special note is required as regards the figures in brackets. As TracerBullet has mentioned there may be more than 1 update per second; and it deserves a closer look. The image of Reliance spot shows multiple instances where quotes have the same time-stamp. In almost all the cases observed, these occurrences have either a 'tick' missing before or after. It would perhaps be okay, though debatable, to conclude that these occur due to timer jitter, and are not cases where a 1 second snapshot assumption is invalidated.

Will leave it to you to check if the TT quotes are the ones with or without duplicate time-stamps.
Wow! Okay great!

So is it safe to say that Odin is a tad better when it comes to streaming of quotes and the last traded price on the chart?

Since we are talking about charts now, can someone clarify the following about Odin's charts:
1. How many charts can you open simultaneously?
2. Chart history for intra day as well as historical?
3. Intervals for intra day and historical?

Im sorry everyone, my TT was locked and it was quite a hassle to unlock it. They insist on sending the trading password only via post and nothing else.

So when it comes to TT's charts, I have listed down the following points:

1. You can open 7 charts simultaneously.
(This was possible by opening the first chart by double clicking on the scrip. Then right clicking on the other scrips in the watchlist and using the graphical view option under the chart heading.)
Although little can be gauged about each chart pattern when so many are opened simultaneously. I guess this is useful only for those traders who have multiple screens as these are float windows.

2. Intraday chart data is available only with 15 day history.
You can access the previous 15 days charts with 0, 1min, 3min, 5min, 10min, 15min, 30min and 60min intervals.

3. They also provide another feature where you can see the last 30 days data on the chart but this is limited to only 60min interval.

4. Historical Charts
They provide historical data all the way from January 2000.
The historical charts can be viewed either in weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly intervals.
All these invervals provide data from Jan 2000.

5. Chart Types
Line, Bar and Candlesticks