Odin diet v/s Trade Tiger

I have heard a lot about share khan's trade tiger. But I wanted the forums opinion about the list of differences between Odin diet and trade tiger.
Have any of the members used both these platforms? If yes, can you list down the differences that you found in detail?

Well, I guess the members would help me if I am more specific. I am looking at the following points of difference:
1. Latency
2. Charts
3. Automated/semi automated features
4. Any additional features that are provided by TT?

Looking forward to a healthy discussion.

Cheers!

DSM

Don't know much about Odin, as have used NSE NOW, NEST and Sharekhan's TradeTiger. So can fill up the part of the information, which may help.

Regards TT :

1. It is realtime, and don't see any issues with latency.

2. Charting is fantastic, with great intraday and intraday chart upto 30 days for swing trading, and EOD charts. (Guess no other trading platform provides these three in combination) Intraday, and upto 30 days intraday charts can be seen on a 1/3/5/10/15/30/60 or any other time frame of your choice. 4 Hour chart? No problem with TT, as long as you want to see the intraday data upto 30 days. The indicators are also customizable, and cover the ones used by traders the most. No other charting tool may be necessary to trade if you have TT. Furthermore, there is no limit to the stocks in your screen, and you are not restricted to 30 scripts. Why is that important? Say there is a stock that is trending and is as per your trading setup, how can you get to see it in realtime, without deleting a script or adding? Basically, I just sort and look for the top 5-7 scripts that are trending up or down. So this is another great aspect of TT.

3. TT also has pop-up alerts. You can set the trigger for any no. of scripts to alert you when it has reached a particular level. It helps to plan the trades.

4. TT also provides research. E.g if you are trading commodities, you get an alert when important data such as NFP, Crude and NG inventory etc. is released each week.

5. The question remains of brokerage, with different franchisees quoting different fees. Speak to different sub-brokers and get the best deal (which may be more than that charged by discount brokers though) So should you want to go for it, you will have to pay a higher brokerage or generate a certain minimal brokerage.

Trust this helps.

Well, I guess the members would help me if I am more specific. I am looking at the following points of difference:
1. Latency
2. Charts
3. Automated/semi automated features
4. Any additional features that are provided by TT?

Looking forward to a healthy discussion.

Cheers!

columbus

TT provides an excellent trading software.

But the ONLY drawback ( not really DRAWBACK but BOTHERISATION) is you have to give
USER id + MEMBERSHIP password + TRADING password each time your INTERNET connection goes OUT.

Whereas ZERODHA platform connects to the server , AUTOMATICALLY.

DSM

Yep, this is an irritant while using TT, rightly pointed out by Colombus. If your net connection is down, it requires you to login again using password. I had brought this to the notice of their technical desk, but guess they have done this on purpose, as to not let passive connections be active. But this does come as a hindrance to a trader, especially if your net connection tends to have even a few moments of break.

TT provides an excellent trading software.

But the ONLY drawback ( not really DRAWBACK but BOTHERISATION) is you have to give
USER id + MEMBERSHIP password + TRADING password each time your INTERNET connection goes OUT.

Whereas ZERODHA platform connects to the server , AUTOMATICALLY.

I have used ODIN diet, all the features that you have mentioned in the Trade Tiger are there in it. The interface is brilliant, can watch many scrips, pre-loaded index wise market watch lists, etc. Charts are amazing.

As a matter of fact, I find NEST & NOW, to be really overrated. They have a max. limit on market watch at 30 scrips, NEST plus charting sucks.. and although it does reconnect automatically, it hangs often and upon logging out most of the time it gets stuck and stops responding.

DSM

This is an interesting thread.... Did not know about the capabilities of ODIN Diet. Would like to have a look at the platform. Who are the brokers providing ODIN Diet?

I have used ODIN diet, all the features that you have mentioned in the Trade Tiger are there in it. The interface is brilliant, can watch many scrips, pre-loaded index wise market watch lists, etc. Charts are amazing.

As a matter of fact, I find NEST & NOW, to be really overrated. They have a max. limit on market watch at 30 scrips, NEST plus charting sucks.. and although it does reconnect automatically, it hangs often and upon logging out most of the time it gets stuck and stops responding.

Don't know much about Odin, as have used NSE NOW, NEST and Sharekhan's TradeTiger. So can fill up the part of the information, which may help.

Regards TT :

1. It is realtime, and don't see any issues with latency.

2. Charting is fantastic, with great intraday and intraday chart upto 30 days for swing trading, and EOD charts. (Guess no other trading platform provides these three in combination) Intraday, and upto 30 days intraday charts can be seen on a 1/3/5/10/15/30/60 or any other time frame of your choice. 4 Hour chart? No problem with TT, as long as you want to see the intraday data upto 30 days. The indicators are also customizable, and cover the ones used by traders the most. No other charting tool may be necessary to trade if you have TT. Furthermore, there is no limit to the stocks in your screen, and you are not restricted to 30 scripts. Why is that important? Say there is a stock that is trending and is as per your trading setup, how can you get to see it in realtime, without deleting a script or adding? Basically, I just sort and look for the top 5-7 scripts that are trending up or down. So this is another great aspect of TT.

3. TT also has pop-up alerts. You can set the trigger for any no. of scripts to alert you when it has reached a particular level. It helps to plan the trades.

4. TT also provides research. E.g if you are trading commodities, you get an alert when important data such as NFP, Crude and NG inventory etc. is released each week.

5. The question remains of brokerage, with different franchisees quoting different fees. Speak to different sub-brokers and get the best deal (which may be more than that charged by discount brokers though) So should you want to go for it, you will have to pay a higher brokerage or generate a certain minimal brokerage.

Trust this helps.
Thank you for your insights DSM!

I have a friend who used to work in Sharekhan and I have used their terminal before. Even I really like their terminal and I am still on it.

The reason I brought up this thread is because I was told that Sharekhan used to use ODIN earlier and it was only later that they migrated onto their own platform. I have infact cross checked and found that ODIN lists Sharekhan as one of their clients.

So I was wondering if TT is similar to ODIN Diet, then it may make sense to use this platform which is offered by various other brokers (Because Sharekhan is too expensive).

Catch22

This is an interesting thread.... Did not know about the capabilities of ODIN Diet. Would like to have a look at the platform. Who are the brokers providing ODIN Diet?
You may please check ..www.angelbroking.com Personally haven't used them . Have read and heard that they provide the features that menber 'market oracle has thoughtfully mentioned.

As far as I know, there are a few discount brokers who are providing ODIN Diet. Such as:
1. Astha Trade

2. Achiievers

(Both Achiievers and Astha provide NOW as well
3. VPS (Although they have shut shop)