Odin diet v/s Trade Tiger

I would sincerely request members who have access to ODIN Diet to post the comparison on the similar features which are provided on that terminal.

Kindly note, that we are not only looking to differentiate between the two. So if members find that the features are the same, it would still be beneficial for us if you could list them down as we can then further the discussion on those aspects where there is a difference between the two terminals.

After, discussing the charting features, we could discuss the the studies (which is what they are called on TT) or indicators as they are more widely known.

Thanks in advance

I have heard a lot about share khan's trade tiger. But I wanted the forums opinion about the list of differences between Odin diet and trade tiger.
Have any of the members used both these platforms? If yes, can you list down the differences that you found in detail?

TT is useless for realtime traders who depend on amibroker for charting...as far as speed and robustness nest, now and odin are far better

1) For options i cannot customize the market watch column whereas in nest i can define my own column

2)TT is good for fancy colors and looks.... refresing quotes it lacks behing nse now nest and odin

TT is useless for realtime traders who depend on amibroker for charting...as far as speed and robustness nest, now and odin are far better

1) For options i cannot customize the market watch column whereas in nest i can define my own column

2)TT is good for fancy colors and looks.... refresing quotes it lacks behing nse now nest and odin
Thank you for your insight.
Im guessing you have access to both TT as well as Odin diet, so could you tell us about the charting differences between these two? It would be great if you could clarify on the same parameters as I have listed above.

Ps- kindly limit posts on this thread to only TT and Odin Diet. We could start a new thread on comparison between other platforms after we conclude with this one.

I don't use amibroker as I've never felt the need to.. TT has sufficed all my charting needs.
Can you please tell me which tools do you use on ami?
Also, I don't think TT gives you ami plug in so from where do you want to get data?

Charting in Sharekhan TT is better than any other platforms but for real serious traders it would be advisable to depend on third party charting softwarelike amibroker

GDFL the data vendor provides the semi automatic plugin for nest ... there is no plugin for TT

Note: Automatic trading is dangerous it is advisable to stick to manual decisions

I use momentum indicators and look for divergence to sell options and collect premiums.

The draw back in TT is u cannot add custom column for options which can calculate the credit/premium u receive on your margin money.. as an options seller i find it to be a very important tool in the market watch list

You have to subscribe the data preferably real time data form official vendors like global data feeds/ neo analytics to fetch into ami broker

The latter is reasonably priced

Charting in Sharekhan TT is better than any other platforms but for real serious traders it would be advisable to depend on third party charting softwarelike amibroker

Could you tell me why you're relying on ami? TT provides plenty of indicators for traders.

GDFL the data vendor provides the semi automatic plugin for nest ... there is no plugin for TT

Well, can we please talk about nest some other time?

Note: Automatic trading is dangerous it is advisable to stick to manual decisions

I use momentum indicators and look for divergence to sell options and collect premiums.

What are the specific indicators that you use?

The draw back in TT is u cannot add custom column for options which can calculate the credit/premium u receive on your margin money.. as an options seller i find it to be a very important tool in the market watch list
Well, this surely seems to be a drawback in TT. Since its a proprietary software, I wonder why they haven't tried adding it. I guess it's not a popular demand.

Also, I noted that you said Odin is better in terms of speed. Could you elaborate?

Sorry about the above post. Haven't gotten used to tapatalk yet.

So I shall repeat my questions herein under:

Why are you relying on ami when TT provides ample indicators?

Which specific indicators are you using?

The last question has not come under the quote but I shall repeat never the less..
Since you noted that Odin is faster, could you please elaborate on the same?

For the matter of convince sake i preferred it to separate the study/analysis from order entry... trading platform should be viewed only as means to enter order.

I like not to disturb the market watch list while analysing the chart.. there is no customization / little tweaks like the one i have mentioned below in TT.

I use two momentum indicators ROC(42), RSI (42), both Invisible with MA(10), MA(10)of MA(10), conforming with rising ADX again with MA crossovers.

Odin has faster refreshing quote rate compared to TT... TT is depended on their servers whereas ODIN is directly linked up to exchanges hence the difference.

For the matter of convince sake i preferred it to separate the study/analysis from order entry... trading platform should be viewed only as means to enter order.

I like not to disturb the market watch list while analysing the chart.. there is no customization / little tweaks like the one i have mentioned below in TT.

I use two momentum indicators ROC(42), RSI (42), both Invisible with MA(10), MA(10)of MA(10), conforming with rising ADX again with MA crossovers.

Odin has faster refreshing quote rate compared to TT... TT is depended on their servers whereas ODIN is directly linked up to exchanges hence the difference.
Well, I guess if its a personal choice then its what suits you best and that is what works for you. To each his own is the motto :) But I would rather have my charting and trading on the same platform as it would make it less cumbersome. It is rather painful to look at your tick by tick movement on another platform and then use a different platform for placing orders.

Anyway, I have not used all the tools that you have mentioned so I couldn't comment. But I cross checked on the Trade Tiger and it seems like all of the indicators that you are using are available on TT. Excpet for MA of MA. I couldn't quite find that study tool but the rest were all available.

I wonder if such tools are inbuilt in Odin?