Odin diet v/s Trade Tiger

mastermind007

TT provides an excellent trading software.

But the ONLY drawback ( not really DRAWBACK but BOTHERISATION) is you have to give
USER id + MEMBERSHIP password + TRADING password each time your INTERNET connection goes OUT.

Whereas ZERODHA platform connects to the server , AUTOMATICALLY.
TT also does that too as long as connection is not severed for more than 5 seconds. If it happens too often, then you need to check internet quality @ ur end.

TT provides an excellent trading software.

But the ONLY drawback ( not really DRAWBACK but BOTHERISATION) is you have to give
USER id + MEMBERSHIP password + TRADING password each time your INTERNET connection goes OUT.

Whereas ZERODHA platform connects to the server , AUTOMATICALLY.
Columbus, this thread is not a promotion of Zerodha. Do not come here and start spamming.. Even Rksv, TradeJini, composite Edge have NEST. And it sucks.. So when the topic of the thread is specific, please don't come here and ruin it. If u want please discuss features in detail.

Rightly pointed out by market oracle. I think the topic of the thread is very specific so there can be no confusion about it.
We could have a separate thread to discuss the features of nest against Odin or TT once we have concluded this thread

You must not forget that Odin was used in days when a 64 KBps connection was considered high-end. It was not a choice but a compulsion.

In an Odin market watch, check how frequently the Last Traded Time or Last Update Time column changes. That should give you a rough idea. To compute, the easiest would be to open an intraday line chart at end of day for a symbol, and use the Save to Excel (if available). The number of lines in Excel will give you the count of quotes.

Have not used Trade Tiger, but I believe it also can export quotes to a file so that you could count. Best somebody else answer this.
Yusi,

I tried what you said on TT.

I am listing below the number of lines that excel contained when I saved the chart:
For 0 min line graph (default), I got 10268 quotes.
For a 1 min chart, I got 380 quotes.

How does this compare against Odin Diet?

amibrokerfans

TT is way better than odin.

these r best 3 i like most...:thumb:

1. on screen cash limit, booked profit/loss(BPL) and market to market live unbooked profit/loss(MTM).

2. live stock scanner with various conditions.

3. lower timeframe historical graph ( 1 month ) chart starting for 1min/5min etc to current live .

Last edited:

yusi

Yusi,

I tried what you said on TT.

I am listing below the number of lines that excel contained when I saved the chart:
For 0 min line graph (default), I got 10268 quotes.
For a 1 min chart, I got 380 quotes.

How does this compare against Odin Diet?
You have not mentioned the symbol... anyway assuming NIFTY_1.

The daily trading session of NSE is 6.25 hrs or 22500 seconds or 375 minutes. Ideally, you should see that many records within market hours. In Odin, you should see about 20000 quotes in a line graph for fast broadcast brokers.

In TT, your figures indicate that broadcasts are approximately 2 second interval. The 1 min chart count would not be wrong, so you would be seeing 5 quotes beyond market hours (pre-open, post close).

You have not mentioned the symbol... anyway assuming NIFTY_1.

The daily trading session of NSE is 6.25 hrs or 22500 seconds or 375 minutes. Ideally, you should see that many records within market hours. In Odin, you should see about 20000 quotes in a line graph for fast broadcast brokers.

In TT, your figures indicate that broadcasts are approximately 2 second interval. The 1 min chart count would not be wrong, so you would be seeing 5 quotes beyond market hours (pre-open, post close).
Okay, since I had not mentioned the scrip names, I redid the drill and am listing down the values as follows:
SPOT
1. Nifty 14626
2. Reliance 13874
3. SBIN 11230
4. Bharti Airtel 10268 (The one that I had mentioned earlier) I guess i track this the most
5. Adani Power 5668
6. GMR 6502
7. Glaxo 553

Now when it came to futures as well, it was almost the same:

Nifty Sep Futures 13067
Reliance Sep Futures 7425
SBIN Sep Futures 5115

Even Options was more or less the same:

1. Nifty 8000CE 10020

These were the figures that I got by extracting TT chart data today itself. So if someone, who has access to Odin Diet, could provide the data on that platform, we could immediately see the difference between the two.

Please reply. It would be of great help! (please try and extract the chart data as per member Yusi's direction for the same scrips as I have listed above. That way we can get an exact comparison of the same.)

xsis

dear yusi

odin/nest/now/TT are retail platforms and offer 1-sec snapshot data at the best, it can generate max 375*60=22500 data points i.e data points corresponding to 22500 seconds (375 mins is total trading time in mins). i can tell u this from my experience as i use TT.

so more liquid/traded the stock, more data points - but max only 22500! on certain days, i have even seen banknifty/sbi generating 22500 data points. cant say the same for nest/now/odin!

but lemme tell u the interesting part - when you look at the last traded time in watchlist or the rates fluctuating for lets say nifty fut, you won't see that its changing every second which it should be. but when you check data listing, you will get to find data points corresponding to every 1 sec. basically when you check the data listing, its a separate function performed altogether & TT fetches the data directly from their servers even though the same is not getting updated in last traded time/rates in watchlist!

hope this helps!

In practice, this shows up in charts. For example, NIFTY_1 may have 21K data points for a broker, but 10K for another. Or ITC Eq may have 18K to 6K data points. I speak from practical experience in terminal data extraction.

Do not know about the Odin from Achievers/VPS.