O2A - Odin to ASCII

yusi

Odin2Ami - Odin to AmiBroker

After hesitating for a long time, I've finally got around to putting together Odin2Ami, the Odin to AmiBroker variation of the datafeed. Requires Odin ver 10.x, AmiBroker 5.2 or later, .Net 3.5 SP1, Win XP SP3 (hey guys, it very difficult to support SP2 that an unexpectedly large percentage seem to have).

Since the destination is AmiBroker, the operations are limited to 'tick' / snapshot data capture; there is no OrdersBook or Trades capture options as in O2A. The datafeed to Ami is configurable to either M1 bars or tick. Backfill is always M1 (1 minute OHLCV) and limited to current day; 'tick' backfill will probably have to await a future release. Look and feel and operations are similar to the Now2Ami and Nest2Ami utilities.

As I do not have an BSE or MCX subscription to Odin, these exchanges have not been tested. Keep that in mind. This is a first beta release (version 0.8); please expect errors and bugs.

And one more important thing: the utility uses the clipboard heavily, so any cut-paste (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) operations will be affected. For this reason alone, the RTD route is preferable.

Requests via PM or email only. Again please not make any download requests or post your email addresses in the thread.

singsanjay09

Re: Odin2Ami - Odin to AmiBroker

After hesitating for a long time, I've finally got around to putting together Odin2Ami, the Odin to AmiBroker variation of the datafeed. Requires Odin ver 10.x, AmiBroker 5.2 or later, .Net 3.5 SP1, Win XP SP3 (hey guys, it very difficult to support SP2 that an unexpectedly large percentage seem to have).

Since the destination is AmiBroker, the operations are limited to 'tick' / snapshot data capture; there is no OrdersBook or Trades capture options as in O2A. The datafeed to Ami is configurable to either M1 bars or tick. Backfill is always M1 (1 minute OHLCV) and limited to current day; 'tick' backfill will probably have to await a future release. Look and feel and operations are similar to the Now2Ami and Nest2Ami utilities.

As I do not have an BSE or MCX subscription to Odin, these exchanges have not been tested. Keep that in mind. This is a first beta release (version 0.8); please expect errors and bugs.

And one more important thing: the utility uses the clipboard heavily, so any cut-paste (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V) operations will be affected. For this reason alone, the RTD route is preferable.

Requests via PM or email only. Again please not make any download requests or post your email addresses in the thread.
Great help for CRB lover when it will backfill in tick by tick mode.

But what one should do if he don't know your email and no PM facility in TJ.

REGARDS,
Sanjay Singh.

yusi

Re: Odin2Ami - Odin to AmiBroker

Have added a couple of things to Odin2Ami:

- tick backfill from Odin charts
- a more comfortable method to capture and backfill spot indices

There is no multi-day backfill yet. My Odin does not have an option to set number of days, and this will have to wait an opportunity where I could view the behavior and incidental perils.