Numismatic (coins and notes) investment

niftyoption

NUMISMATIC (COINS AND NOTES) INVESTMENT

Numismatics is the study or collection of currency, including coins, tokens, paper money, and related objects.

Numismatic Definition :

A type of coin that typically has a higher value then the face value on the coin, due to historical information about the coin. Coins that are considered rare or considered ancient will often have a significantly higher monetary value than the suggested value. Numismatic coins are highly coveted by coin collectors because of their history and potential value.

We also think that direction which is not give much effort and time , in our daily life we neglect small things , one of that is coins and note collection , millions of coins and notes , tokens , medals collectors in all over the world . so if any coin get scarcity or rare value will increase in numismatic world

So I want to start a new thread about numismatic information , if any TJ Member share regarding this please post in this thread and exchange views

Thank You Very Much to " Traderji Sir, ST Da Sir , Time Pass Sir " and other TJ Members who encouraged me to start this Thread
... :thumb:

Riskyman

My best friend has most of life's savings in Indian notes. Should be easily excess of 40-50 odd lakhs.

My best friend has most of life's savings in Indian notes. Should be easily excess of 40-50 odd lakhs.
Investing in property takes up a lot of money, which most of the people can't put up as a lumpsum. With coins/notes, there is something substantial which won't go below its face value, that's for sure. And it is something of value in your hand. People can save from smallest level (below 1 rupee) to anything higher.

niftyoption

One of my friend named “sudheer reddy “ , who is very fortunate person from andhra pradesh

Having 1878 USA Silver coin in his collection , which is very rare silver coin , that coin gifted by his grand mother in his child hood .

In USA “America Liberty Head “ named 1913 silver coin minted in USA , that rare coin auctioned in January 7 th 2015 price in auction went to 17 crore Indian rupees equivalent ,

So sakshi news paper printed that news first time in paper
In my view he will get very good amount in auction if he want to sell that rare coin
So like that any person having any rare coins in his collection like old British India or other countries coins …he will get that multibagger coin
:thumb:

source :sakshi news paper andhra pradesh

Riskyman

Investing in property takes up a lot of money, which most of the people can't put up as a lumpsum. With coins/notes, there is something substantial which won't go below its face value, that's for sure. And it is something of value in your hand. People can save from smallest level (below 1 rupee) to anything higher.
I agree

If you bought a rare 100 rupee note for 1000 Rs and market value fell to 100 its still a loss. I remember his portfolio was really down during the economic crisis of 2008 when everyone was just looking for freebies.

I have no problems with anyone collecting anything like note,coins, paintings and art. The only problem I see sometimes is the liquidity. When you want to cash out on an urgent basis, its really difficult to find the right price. Thats probably the downside. Specially, if your intention is to make money out of this in the long run.

niftyoption

I agree

If you bought a rare 100 rupee note for 1000 Rs and market value fell to 100 its still a loss. I remember his portfolio was really down during the economic crisis of 2008 when everyone was just looking for freebies.

I have no problems with anyone collecting anything like note,coins, paintings and art. The only problem I see sometimes is the liquidity. When you want to cash out on an urgent basis, its really difficult to find the right price. Thats probably the downside. Specially, if your intention is to make money out of this in the long run.
volatility is giving profit if you trade well .... first starting collecting with available coins and notes ..... for ex: swami vivekananda commomarative 5 rs.coin minted around some million coins approximately , in time goes it will become a rare coin but you never lost below its face value , if it is UNC Condition or new condition value will be more.... some silver coins are from British India is very rare and today those are worth lakhs of rupees don't purchase high price coins at starting .....

Riskyman

@@ Niftyoption, Thanks man. Im really not into coin/note collection. I enjoy going through somebody's collection just to have a taste of history but thats it for me.

niftyoption

Two rupee Coin

Subhash Chandra Bose netaji 1996 error date (Very Rare Coin)

The above coin may look like a normal circulated coin. A look at the date and we see 1996; but Subhash Chandra Bose, also known as Netaji, was born in 1897 and his centenary was completed in 1997. The Calcutta mint released a small quantity of Bose centenary coins in 1996, making the above coin a rare one. The date on the coin is the error. This one is quite pricey even in the shown condition, and the current price is shooting up like anything because it is not available at any place.

2 rupee: Subhas Chandra Bose, 1997 (not rare coin)

Subhas Chandra Bose ( born January 23, 1897; presumed to have died August 18, 1945 although this is disputed), popularly known as Netaji (literally "Respected Leader"), was a leader in the Indian independence movement.

DSM

My interest in coins was sparked when as a kid, digging under a tree (for no reason) I found a old coin belonging to some Raja's.... Still have it now with me....

My skepticism about coin collecting started while waiting for a friend near VT station, I was watching a guy selling old coins on the footpath.... I was just observing him from a distance as I had nothing else to do. And then another person came by, and emptied a bagful of very old coins (from appearance would seem to be atleast 100 years old) These were aged.... and were sold in 100's.... to the retail guy. Realized these are fakes reproduced by counterfeiters and sold on the streets of Mumbai.... Unless one is knowledgeable and has studied coin collection, the person can be cheated by many fakes....

Just my 2C.

XRAY27

New Area for me!!! i know nothing about it...i will follow this thread from now on wards..Thanks once again to niftyoption ji for starting this thread !!!