NTPC Dividend

cj99

Hi,
I am fairly new to the share market and this was a report released today.
---------------------------
The board of directors of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) in its meeting held on February 12, has decided to pay interim dividend at the rate of 12% on the face value of paid up equity shares of Rs 10 each for the financial year 2004-05
---------------------------

What I want to know is how does one calculate what the dividend will be in rupees? I have 100 shares of NTPC bought during IPO. What levels do you think this share will touch looking at a 1 year horizon?

Thanks and appreciate it.
CJ

Hi,

12 % dividend means you get 12 rupees for 100 rs share face value. Since NTPC shares face value is 10 Rs. so you will get 1 rupee 20 paise dividend per share. :)

Cheers
Parag

ur entitled to receive rs 1.20 per share i.e u have 100 shares so u get 120 rs of dividend .

regarding ur query for one year horizon for this stock. ntpc is a very slow mover in the market but keep faith in the stock , be invested for a long term as long term makes money. one can see levels os 150 - 175 if it crosses 120

but to my knowledge dont leave this stock for long . :)

cj99

Hi,
I received the NTPC 12% interim dividend for 100 shares. It was Rs 120. IS this correct? Just seems like its very small :)

cj99 said:
Hi,
I received the NTPC 12% interim dividend for 100 shares. It was Rs 120. IS this correct? Just seems like its very small :)
Yes, it is correct albeit small. I too got the dividend of 12% of Rs 120 yesterday.

Cheers,
nkpanjiyar