NSE real time from yahoo to AB

Hi All,

(note : there is a rar file attahced, which contains both excel and format file)

As most of us (I think so), I also searched for a free script / software for downloading data from yahoo to Amibroker. But could not find a single one. At the same time there are many offering softwares with monthly charges, which for me not feel comfort. Since it is the free data, if they offer the software with one time fee (Like AB), I was very ready to buy it.

I have a excel file w w w . g u m m y -stuff to yahoo data.
Now with some modification on the excel sheet and the macro I am now getting around 83 NSE symbols real time in amibroker. I am satisfied with it because of 2 reason. One even if I have not went thru any computer course and still I managed to work on it. Second when I compared the data with geojit flip platinum terminal, this yahoo data is more faster in some cases.

if anybody like to try it I am attaching the file here.
but few things, make a AB database "nseid". so it will be C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\nseid

make a text file named nsert.txt ("C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\nseid\nsert.txt"). bcoz I forgot whether I created it or the script made it.

and in the format folder create a file myid.format with the following text
# Format definition file generated automatically
# by AmiBroker's ASCII Import Wizard
$FORMAT Ticker,Date_DMY,Time,Close,Volume
$BREAKONERR 0
$SKIPLINES 0
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 255
$AUTOADD 1
$DEBUG 1

Now start the excel file (sheet name Yahoo) and click download and open amibroker with the database "nseid". make it intraday and see

I hope it is clear. (I tried my best to explain).

forgot to mention that the files are open for editing, no hidden area, no passwords. modify with the symbols you nee (in first sheet),

since I am not professional, you may feel funny by looking the other sheets.

but what you benefit is more important

(if using windows7 please modify the macro file and edit the occurences c:\programfiles as c:\programfiles(x 86) or whatever it is. ( only 2 or 3) occurance,

Thanks

Raju

Hi,

I am using NSE NOW to AB ( Check for Sudris thread )
We can get futures/options/equities and that too as displayed in NSE NOW terminal.

Regards,
Raju

Hello

Thanks for sharing the application.
But when we try to download the backfill file...its asking for a password
"You must enter a password to access this file. "

PLease guide

Not sure where I would be going wrong, I followed mentioned steps but it hangs the application, has anyone else encountered similar issue?:confused: