Nse/bse Live Intraday Stock Recommendations

jdm

Simple point Biyas motives were questioned without any prior knowledge of his intentions. I'd say that was a rather hostile welcome.

There are multiple types of tips based on my experience
a) successful tipsters who charge.
b) unsuccessful tipsters who charge.
c) fake tips. i.e offloading techniques.
d) Tips shared with the expectation of recieving tips in return.
e) Free tips which involve a person having massive exsiting positions i.e sharing some wealth.
f) free tips given to fuel the ego.
g) philanthropic tips for spreading the wealth/knowledge.

a/b/c: would be downright illegal in this forum.

Pure f is extremely rare.
Most free tips invole some combo of d/e/f/g.
edication and giving tips are entirely different ball game. an erudite never gives any "tips".

jdm

Speak for yourself.
i let others to speak about myself.

I have discussed tips at length with well read, Well taught people.
A certain Dr. Amar and I used to routinely discuss our picks.
We were both always interested in the 'why' rather than the 'what'.
yeah "A certain Dr. Amar" :eek: - from your words only one can understand the "why's" and "what's".

Even now I will only accept a tip from a person who tells me the reasoning behind the tip. If the reasoning makes sense to me , fundamental or technical then I follow the tip otherwise I usually ignore it.
reminds me of a punchline of an advertisement - "Logic is boring". just change logic with reasoning. cant find better place than the market to validate the same.

cheers,
jdm.

jdm

'Erudite' = Knowledgable/learned.

Combine tip+education
=> Theory+concrete example.
=> i.e give the man a fish and also teach the man how to catch that type of fish.
If you want a more lengthy explanation or concrete examples of 'erudite people' who give 'erudite tips' I can oblige.
tips = theory or concrete example (or whatever)

is that want to mean. then pls forgive me, dont want to go into any lengthy explanation.

jdm

I have this habit of editing my posts online as I form my idea. It seems you have quoted me rather quickly.
:) hope i have given you ample of time to edit

I have not interacted with 'Dr. Amar' in a while.
The guy is probably too rich/busy now. Last I checked he was managing 50 crores for a few HNIs roughly 1 year ago. I am not sure how well he is doing right now. I am even slightly annoyed with my old 'friend' for not having kept in touch.
For all I know he might even be broke. All that however is besides the point.

Let me get to the point.
a) he is learned/'erudite'
b) he used to give tips
c) his motivation was ego/sharing knowledge/getting tips in return at first.
d) later he moved to manage money for other rich folks and stopped giving tips.

I learned quite a bit about elliot wave from Dr. Amar. He was the first person to demonstrate via examples exactly what alternate wave theory is.
I was the first person to introduce Dr. Amar to Neowave (Neely's book) , prior to which Dr. Amar used to focus exclusively on Prechter.

The last 'tip' I recieved from him was mphasis breaking out into a fresh impulse, w3/w5 near 185 from a parallel channel consolidtation. Tip didn't have a concrete stoploss or a concrete target.
The advice centered around a massive move on the horizon. Amar had already taken a huge position and he was sharing his expert opinion/'tip' with me for free.
thats exactly my point dear. why you have to receive any "tips". why cant you find the same for yourself ?

anything based on sound principals have defined entry levels, concrete stoploss, targets, and above all money/risk management all defined in it. any thing which do not have the same is not my cup of tea.

Markets can at times make logic seem like an exercise in futility.
common sense is not common to find and thats why market behaviour many a times seems like an exercise in futility.

However rest assured anyone who can keep a cool head will outperform others in the long run in fundamental investing.
theres nothing in the market to keep ones head cool. fundamentals sorry dont even bother to look.

Technicals are a totally different ball game because they involve fuzzy logic and not perfect logic.
may i know a bit more about what do you mean by fuzzy logic and not perfect logic. in this post yourself you have spoken of elliott waves (you spelt elliott wrong dear, amitt29 are you watching), chanells etc all part of TA. very contradictary.

fortuantely i have come accross some of the best minds in the industry who were kind enough to take the pains which we gave. it surely eased my pains a lot. they never spoke of tips, neither i asked for it. i seeked light and they were kind enough to enlighten.

cheers,
jdm.

jdm

You are changing the point massively :

Your initial point was erudite people do not give tips.
Now you are talking about personal tastes and what not.

I am still in touch with people who are both learned/erudite and give tips. If you seek further examples I can give them to you.
Thats my basic point. It stands.
all i am saying tips and knowledge dont go side by side. the rest are all post mortems of your words only.

cheers,
jdm.

Erudite= a company in Kolkata giving aspiring MBA's tutions
Tips=what i give after dinner in a restaurant to the waiter.

Cmon man,y fight over trivialties.Whats this forum for fighting or debating,leave the debate to the politicians,we r traders here,knowledgeable ppl in our own right.

If u think you are better than other show ur results,i mean consistent profit making trades etc.

Any TA who knows abt MA etc can start making calls,so many charting systems available here.I have one such tipster who cant even write one complete sentence in English and full of spelling mistakes.But he is doin well enuff(from what it seems).

We all know also that these days Traderji is increasingly becoming a tipster/tipseekers hub,what best way to have a good riddance than to show your actual trades here.I mean full statement,not hiding loosing trades.

Any Trader worth his salt also wud know that there are better things to do than wasting time here writing tips etc.

Hope my post is taken in a better sense than it is written in.
Peace.

Again as i said b4 leave the debate democracy,english etc for the politicians.What i want is a performance thread over a consistent period of time.

Wanna see example-see Amitbe's Nifty Fifty,see Karthik's Experiments in TA,see Ajay's practicing the theory,Saint's teaching a man to fish,Savant Garde's Intraday Pivot points,see pkjha's crash and f2 activities,see VVonteru's I can help you in stock chart reading.

Would u want such a forum to turn into a tipster's den for ppl like E Matthew.

I wud say it wud take time of yours,probably 2- 3 hrs to read,but days to grasp the essence.Then i would leave the judgement to you.And accept your view,whatever it is.
Ive seen may tipsters vanish when we had 600 points gapdown(very recently).Just do a search in this forum for people at that time.

Dont reply in a rush.

Some ppl may have a different way to express things,just as you and just as me.

As i said b4 dont reply in a rush.If you have a problem with others hostility or whatever,to be an impartial judge for yourself and your decisions,you have got to see the others point of view too.

If after seeing that,you still feel its ok,as i said b4 i would go with your view,come what may.

Read my post in full.I think u missed the above line.Hence i re wrote it here.

That thread was written and the what if scenario was also posted by the thread starter.And u also know sometimes these waves do give a better idea than conv TA.

And btw see most of responses are actually in lighter vein.

Again i would ask you to read the threads that i mentioned.

C

CreditViolet

Does anyone still have a problem with tips/sharing tips/erudite tips/co-operation/peace?
The whole problem with tips is that everyone and anyone can give em and that they do!.One month you see people asking for what TA s/w to use and next month you see them making grand predictions.Then there are the hardened scamsters like Dreamgains, Rajeev Mundra etc who cant trade for themselves but appear high commodity in the tips business.Also there is a difference b/w making calls and giving tips, O'Neil of Canslim fame has what some will call a 'tipsheet' but then again he advises Fund of Funds.I also know a guy who went frm giving calls on a closed forum to being invited into running a private fund.

The point is, absolute morons who dont even have a brkg a/c are the majority of tip givers and receivers, so its hard to add any dignity to it and thats probably the point jdm/amit are making.