NSE Bhavcopy viewer

Those who view the EOD Bhavcopy from NSE (PR.zip), may find NSE Bhavcopy Viewer (NBV) useful. This utility combines data from multiple files in a convenient way. Initial cut; for Windows; requires .net runtime 3.5 to work; tested on XP Pro.

Download link. (Authentication username is nbv2tr, password is traderji)

Last edited:

yusi

A new version of this program is now available. Version 3 accommodates some changes by NSE to the bhavcopy, and adds some new features.

Download link. Will require username as nbv3tr, password as traderji to authenticate.

yusi

Will it be possible to tell few things ...

I get %change as blank...why its showing blank ? Do I need to put %change formula here somewhere as similar we do in Excel ?

Will trouble you to download the utility once again. Used this opportunity to add the long pending fixes such as
  • downloading of historical bhavcopy files.
  • changes to index names such as S&P CNX NIFTY, and mapping of newer ones that were showing as INVALID.

The % change should also work correctly for equities (you do not need to input anything). Note that the previous day's close values are only available for equities. If you need to view it for Futures, you need to open the previous day's bhavcopy as a reference file, and view the differences in Close.

megapixel

Will trouble you to download the utility once again. Used this opportunity to add the long pending fixes such as
  • downloading of historical bhavcopy files.
  • changes to index names such as S&P CNX NIFTY, and mapping of newer ones that were showing as INVALID.

The % change should also work correctly for equities (you do not need to input anything). Note that the previous day's close values are only available for equities. If you need to view it for Futures, you need to open the previous day's bhavcopy as a reference file, and view the differences in Close.
Its working. Thanks.

if possible you could add an update alert when application starts up just to alert user if there is any update to be done due to URL changes or version upgrades.

yusi

Recently noticed this on the NSE website:

Note : Exchange would be discontinuing dissemination of the index constituents file (FFIXddmmyy.zip) from Bhavcopy(PR).zip with effect from May 02, 2013 (Thursday).

For subscription of the index constituents data, please contact IISL on :+91-22-26598386 or mail on [email protected]
Are they saying that they will no more provide the Nifty50 or BankNifty constituents (and their weightages) ? If so, it seems wrong that they can do such a thing for a traded index.

It reminds me of the time when NSE had introduced CNX Infra (soon after the DLF IPO). I had written to them pointing out that while the other indices had a page with the constituents, such a page was missing for CNX Infra. Thought it was an oversight on their part, and they should know (how dumb of me). A marketing guy wrote back asking if I would be interested in subscribing to that information; no price was mentioned. End of conversation.

Looks like that scenario will be revisited.

Thanks for the post. It seems the password is not valid - i am getting

"Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."

Can you please provide the correct info or if you have the exe can you please send to me?

Poov.