NOW to AmiBroker (YA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Yusi,

Thanks for the tool. I have downloaded the trial of Nest2Ami and am trying to figure out how to set it up. Are there any specific settings to be done in the Amibroker database? Would you be having any step by step instructions on how to set it up the first time.

Apologies if this was explained and discussed before. I searched a bit around but could not find this.

Great work. Thanks a lot.

yusi

Thanks for the tool. I have downloaded the trial of Nest2Ami and am trying to figure out how to set it up. Are there any specific settings to be done in the Amibroker database? Would you be having any step by step instructions on how to set it up the first time.
Nest2Ami comes with a help file. Start the utility and there is an icon in the toolbar with a '?' on it. This should open up the help file where the Quick Tour section walks you through setting up the first time.

Specifically for Ami database, the instructions are:

• A path/name of your choice. In the illustration, this is C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\NestIntraday. You will need to input this path in Nest2Ami.
  • Set the Data Source as local database.
  • Set the Base time interval as 1 Minute if you will capture M1 OHLC data or as Tick or Second (preferable) for snapshot data.
  • Also, in Intraday settings, ensure that Trading hours are set correctly.

The Number of bars setting (at 1000 bars) is okay for M1 capture; leave it at default. If using snapshot data, you might want to increase it to 15000 or more. Selecting Load the database at startup is your choice.
Unless you have special needs, stay with the M1 (or 1 minute) options the first time around.

Nest2Ami comes with a help file. Start the utility and there is an icon in the toolbar with a '?' on it. This should open up the help file where the Quick Tour section walks you through setting up the first time.

Specifically for Ami database, the instructions are:

Unless you have special needs, stay with the M1 (or 1 minute) options the first time around.
Thanks for the quick reply Yusi. I have set up Amibroker as per your instructions. However, I feel I am missing something on the Nest2Ami interface, so the scrips in my Zerodha marketwatch are not appearing on the screen. Below is a screenshot. Appreciate your help.

Attachments

yusi

Thanks for the quick reply Yusi. I have set up Amibroker as per your instructions. However, I feel I am missing something on the Nest2Ami interface, so the scrips in my Zerodha marketwatch are not appearing on the screen. Below is a screenshot. Appreciate your help.
Ouch. And I here I was wondering why I do not recall having sent Nest2Ami to you.

You are using an entirely different product. It is best if you contact aamaadmisoftware about your problems. You should read this disclaimer.

The Nest2Ami discussed in this thread looks like the image here.

Ouch. And I here I was wondering why I do not recall having sent Nest2Ami to you.

You are using an entirely different product. It is best if you contact aamaadmisoftware about your problems. You should read this disclaimer.

The Nest2Ami discussed in this thread looks like the image here.
Wow.. Thanks a lot for clarifying that. I would like to try your product. I am sending a mail to the mail you have mentioned on the above link. Thanks Yusi.

Regards
KK

TraderRavi

low risk profile
yusi, your utility was working great ..but today I installed new version of NOW(1.8.4.3) and software not recognising market watch ...I have retained old user settings, so market watch in NOW is same as earlier....

yusi

yusi, your utility was working great ..but today I installed new version of NOW(1.8.4.3) and software not recognising market watch ...I have retained old user settings, so market watch in NOW is same as earlier....
Will have to check.

Where did you get the new version of NOW? Thought you had asked about it in the Zerodha thread and there was no reply. The Zerodha website still shows the old version (though RKG, etc. have been offering a version later to 1.7.x for some time now).

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Will have to check.

Where did you get the new version of NOW? Thought you had asked about it in the Zerodha thread and there was no reply. The Zerodha website still shows the old version (though RKG, etc. have been offering a version later to 1.7.x for some time now).
from this link of other broker......in this new version of NOW, nestplus version is 2.5.1.0
http://www.traderji.com/brokers-trading-platforms/76601-smart-trade-online-14.html#post783101

direct link is ...https://www.dropbox.com/sh/06g23o72h2kcmel/KzaPHEgQ1W/NOW/NOW SETUP.ZIP

Status
Not open for further replies.