Votes: 115 46.7%
  • Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

VJAY

Dear vjay and reenumlk
thanks for the feedback. it was much needed.

for the time-stamp related info, please refer this post, just in case if you have not followed this thread right from the beginning.

nothing specific needs to be done with regard to time settings. But I think, in the database intraday settings, one can define the day session start and end time as 09:15 and 15:30 respectively. Let me know if doing this affects your candles.

There are some vendors that rely upon your computer's system time. If you compare with any of these vendors, you will definitely notice differences as my utility strictly provides the time-stamps as per NSE servers.
And last but not the least let me know the connection speed of your internet. With slow internet connections, one may have some issues.

Regarding the open price, let me know if this was the case with all scrips and the difference between the actual open price and the one stored in your Amibroker. This is the reason I would like to get back the data fetched by NOWRT2AB users so that I can do some analysis and refine the utility wherever required.

Regarding NIFTY-I, NIFTY-II and NIFTY-III, let me see if that could be incorporated.

Please do right back if you find any other discrepancy.

Thanks
Dear sudris,
Thanks for your deatiled reply....yes I made changes (date format)as per your post ....also bar time geting -5 seconds like 1st bar(9.20) shows as 9.19.55 bar...
I don't know how to export data from ami ..so will attaching data of nifty for your reference as it is in ami.....

http://www.4shared.com/file/cWQDK_kS/NIFTY11NOVFUT.html

also I want to know why your xl file shows expiry date???????????

murthyavr

Dear Sudris,

When the add-in is run for AutoConfig, no error message is coming - Excel is showing that
the AutoConfiguration is successful. However, .xls file is not created in C:\

I then want to do a test in C:\, by trying to create a text file there. This is the
error message which comes up. (I am running the PC as Administrator..)

I am trying to find out how to add the .xlam file and excel.exe to the Exceptions under
Kaspersky. Once I do it, I will post on that also.

Last edited:

murthyavr

Dear Murthy, a quick question before i sign off... is ur win7 user account an administrator account or other account type?

if not and admin account try to make it admin and then you can try for one last time.;)
Sudris,

I am running the PC as Administrator only..

sudris

Dear Sudris,

When the add-in is run for AutoConfig, no error message is coming - Excel is showing that
the AutoConfiguration is successful. However, .xls file is not created in C:\

I then want to do a test in C:\, by trying to create a text file there. This is the
error message which comes up. (I am running the PC as Administrator..
)

I am trying to find out how to add the .xlam file and excel.exe to the Exceptions under
Kaspersky. Once I do it, I will post on that also.
I guess, I overlooked your earlier post. If you can't create a text file manually in C:\ then the issue is not with antivirus.

Do the following and try AutoConfig again:

Start --->Run--->secpol.msc--->ENTER.
Double-click Local Policies--->Double-click User Rights Assignment--->Double-click Back up Files and directories--->Add--->Object Types--->make sure 'Users' is tickmarked--->OK--->Advanced--->Find Now---Select Administrator--->keep control key pressed--->select your user name--->OK to all Dialogues--->Restart

murthyavr

Do the following and try AutoConfig again:
Dear Sudris,

Tried this, but still not able to see that .xls file in C:\ :(

I just googled on this issue, and there were several complaints against Win7
not allowing creation of files in the root directory.

How about creating the .xls file in the DB directory itself? Just a suggestion..
Because, even if there is a workaround for this, making several people do it
would be a painful process, no?

sudris

Dear Sudris,
How about creating the .xls file in the DB directory itself? Just a suggestion..
Because, even if there is a workaround for this, making several people do it
would be a painful process, no?
Yes murthyavr u r rite, its jst bcz of win7

and sudris please make your file compatible for win7

thnks in advance
If things were so easy to be implemented, I could have modified the path, for I've no specific intention to choose the root directory. There are certain reasons why the path has been chosen and explaining them here is simply out of scope of this post. I'll see what could be done to avoid modifying the settings, but for the time being read below.

Anyway, for the time being, Win7 users can do only following 2 things to get going with NORWT2AB.

1. Enable the actual Administrator Account.
    By doing this, win7 will enable the actual/super 'Administrator' account. When you restart, it will show the login screen with your regular user account(s) along with the 'Administrator' account. You have to choose the latter one.
    Start --->Run--->secpol.msc--->ENTER.
    Double-click Local Policies--->Double-click Security Options--->Double-click Accounts:Administrator account status--->Enabled--->Apply--->OK to all Dialogues--->Restart

2. Another way out is to use your own user account by modifying UAC settings.
    control panel--->system and security---change user account control settings--->drag the control down to 'never notify'--->OK--->restart
    note: this second method may involve compromising security settings a bit, although it is not that harmful.

I give you the flexibility to choose whichever method you are comfortable with.

After doing either of the two above, do AutoConfig and check if file is created now. It will be there this time for sure. :cool:

Dear All

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm sure, many of you have been waiting for the arrival of an utility/software to get live data from NOW and feed it right away to Amibroker at blazing speeds.
GREAT WORK!! Thanks a lot.

Sudris,I want a few more things to be added into the excel. Can you develop those things? If required, I can pay you for those modifications.

Shall I tell my requirements?

murthyavr

[*] Enable the actual Administrator Account.
Thanks, Sudris. It worked and the .xls file has been created in C:\

Now, should the DB be the active database in Amibroker in order to capture the data, or the
data can be captured in the background also, with Excel as the front-end...?

thanks Sundris

this is a good utility as it also gives nse time stamps to feed in
plus i also recommend

1 post ur this post http://www.traderji.com/data-feeds/60503-now-real-time-feed-amiborker-7.html#post600172 as first post in thread n keep all updating in that only

2 u can also add 1 more more column in it of last trade qty if possible

3 regarding making loaction of db n live excel fixed in c: drive after clicking autoconfig if posssible u can give a blank path line it. Which can facilitate user to launch both files in any extra drive if he has along with that problem of win7 can also be overcomed by that i believe

and as metioned that its needed to keep NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls opened while fetching in db suppose if we have other 1 or 2 excel also opened will it effect the performance of NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls?

since right now i am configuring ur add-in not started using it, Is NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls is restricted to only 5 scripts for RTD ? if yes, can u plz raise it to 25 scripts atleast?

regards
A.D

Last edited: