• Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

sudris

Sudris
its a great utility. thanx for that.

the main thing is that the linking to excel is prompt but to amibroker is not so.
actually the excel sheet is not updating after linking to ami. the sheet is stagnant.

am i making any mistake?

regards
sr114
sr114,
please make sure you have followed the instructions thoroughly.

May I know what is the top most scrip that you selected in the market watch?
Are the values in the sheet not changing when they change in NOW exe?

sr114

Sudris,

the scrip chosen in topmost row in NOW is Nifty current month future. i think it is most active scrip.

the excel sheet 1time shows the value from NOW but after the rate change is stagnant.

btw, the instructions are followed rigidly. i may make some mistakes. will try another time

regards
sr114

VJAY

Dear sudris,
Thanks for a wonderfull utility....though utility will expire in 27 days :)
I just used it for now 3 hours...i have some feedback.....it took open price wrong....and if the symbol we make custom made like NIFTY-I for current month it will better in ami othervise every month we make new symbol.....also want to know is time @ami is with our system time?or its in line with NOW timings...i checked data with some other data of data venders it shows abnormal bar figures....is there any changes to make in time settings?

Hi sudris,
Thanks for the great utility. It works very well.
Symbol name NIFTY-I for NIFTY FUTURE current month will be better for Amibroker as suggested by Vijay ji in the above post.
Cheers:)

sudris

Dear sudris,
Thanks for a wonderfull utility....though utility will expire in 27 days :)
I just used it for now 3 hours...i have some feedback.....it took open price wrong....and if the symbol we make custom made like NIFTY-I for current month it will better in ami othervise every month we make new symbol.....also want to know is time @ami is with our system time?or its in line with NOW timings...i checked data with some other data of data venders it shows abnormal bar figures....is there any changes to make in time settings?
Dear vjay and reenumlk
thanks for the feedback. it was much needed.

for the time-stamp related info, please refer this post, just in case if you have not followed this thread right from the beginning.

nothing specific needs to be done with regard to time settings. But I think, in the database intraday settings, one can define the day session start and end time as 09:15 and 15:30 respectively. Let me know if doing this affects your candles.

There are some vendors that rely upon your computer's system time. If you compare with any of these vendors, you will definitely notice differences as my utility strictly provides the time-stamps as per NSE servers.
And last but not the least let me know the connection speed of your internet. With slow internet connections, one may have some issues.

Regarding the open price, let me know if this was the case with all scrips and the difference between the actual open price and the one stored in your Amibroker. This is the reason I would like to get back the data fetched by NOWRT2AB users so that I can do some analysis and refine the utility wherever required.

Regarding NIFTY-I, NIFTY-II and NIFTY-III, let me see if that could be incorporated.

Please do right back if you find any other discrepancy.

Thanks

murthyavr

Dear Sudris,

I have Win7 (32bit) and Excel 2007.

I opened the add-in file, and selected "AutoConfig NOWRT2AB" option.

A folder named NOWRT2AB_DB has been created in C:\.

However, NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls file is not created in C:\

(I tried to find this file through Windows search, typed the run command
C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls, but was still not able to find this file.)

Anything to do with Windows not permitting creation of certain types of files in the root directory?

Thanks..

VJAY

deleted..............:)

sudris

Sudris,

the scrip chosen in topmost row in NOW is Nifty current month future. i think it is most active scrip.

the excel sheet 1time shows the value from NOW but after the rate change is stagnant.

btw, the instructions are followed rigidly. i may make some mistakes. will try another time

regards
sr114

Dear Sudris,

I have Win7 (32bit) and Excel 2007.

I opened the add-in file, and selected "AutoConfig NOWRT2AB" option.

A folder named NOWRT2AB_DB has been created in C:\.

However, NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls file is not created in C:\

(I tried to find this file through Windows search, typed the run command
C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls, but was still not able to find this file.)

Anything to do with Windows not permitting creation of certain types of files in the root directory?

Thanks..
Dear Murthy and sr114,

In that case, may be your antivirus software is blocking the utility. Can any one of you try disabling the antivirus before you do again the AutoConfig? Let me know if this creates the file C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls

murthyavr

Dear Murthy and sr114,

In that case, may be your antivirus software is blocking the utility. Can any one of you try disabling the antivirus before you do again the AutoConfig? Let me know if this creates the file C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls
Dear Sudris,

Thanks for your help.

I paused the Kaspersky protection on my PC and ran the add-in for AutoConfig.
Still, only the DB folder is created, not the actual excel file in C:\

(Later on I tested whether any file can be copied to C:\. No, it's not
allowing. Even a text file could not be created in the root directory!)

It may be asking for too much, but can you modify your code so that the
.xls file is created in a folder on C:\? Perhaps C:\Temp, or c:\Test or some
such thing..

Thanks..

sudris

Dear Sudris,

Thanks for your help.

I paused the Kaspersky protection on my PC and ran the add-in for AutoConfig.
Still, only the DB folder is created, not the actual excel file in C:\

(Later on I tested whether any file can be copied to C:\. No, it's not
allowing. Even a text file could not be created in the root directory!)

It may be asking for too much, but can you modify your code so that the
.xls file is created in a folder on C:\? Perhaps C:\Temp, or c:\Test or some
such thing..

Thanks..
Dear Murthy,

Alright. are you getting any error message? may I know the error code?
many times pausing doesn't help, one has to disable it completely.
Can you try adding the NOWRT2AB.xlam file and Microsoft Excel in 'exceptions' settings in your antivirus? and try again.

If even this becomes a vain effort, i'll hook Kaspersky in my system and see what could be done.

C:\temp is not a suitable one as the file may get deleted
others like Desktop and Mydocuments, etc can't be configured because the file path changes with windows OS. and most users do not have addtional partitions except C:\.

Anyways, i'll post here later what could be done about this.

Thanks
sudris

Edit: is your user account in win7 an Admin account? or other account?

Last edited: