• Want to give it a try

Votes: 115 46.7%
  • Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters
NOWRT2AB Configuration

Download Link / File attached with this post, see below.

System Requirements : MS Office 2007 and above

System Date Configuration:

Adjust the Date format.
For windows7:
Control Panel-->regional settings-->"change date, time, or number format"-->Additional Settings-->Date-->Short Date:-->type "mm/dd/yyyy" -->OK to all windows and close.
for XP and other OS I may put up later in case if you do not know how to do it

Open the downloaded file "NOWRT2AB.xlam"

go to Addins---> "AutoConfig NOWRT2AB"
this will create directory for database for amibroker in 'C:\NOWRT2AB_DB' and an excel file in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'

NOW Configuration:

Login in NOW software---> press ctrl+G to open marketwatch group setting window---> Create new group called "NOWRT2AB" and add to it whichever scrips you desire with a limit of 5 scrips.
make sure that the market-watch columns are as per the sequence below.
Left to Right--->
Column1---> Trading Symbol
Column2---> Last Traded Price
Column3---> Volume Traded Today
Column4---> Open Interest(even if you do not trade in F&O, it is mandatory to keep column4 as Open Interest)
Column5---> Last Traded Time
Column6---> Symbol('this column can't be removed from market-watch window, as per NOW settings, hence we have no option but to retain it)

NOTE: the very first scrip from the top decides the speed at which data is fetched and transferred to amibroker. So make sure that the first scrip from top is an active scrip like Nifty Future present month, or other equity scrips like SBIN, Reliance, LT, etc.

Once your market-watch with 5 scrips is ready, right click on market-watch and select "Link to Excel"---> "All Items"

open 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls' select the very first cell(no other cell will work) in the NOWRTD sheet and right click and click paste(or press ctrl+v) and save the file. you will see the market-watch getting copied to excel file.

Amibroker Configuration:

I guess, everyone knows how to create a new database in amibroker.
Amibroker-->File-->New-->Database-->Browse and select the Directory "C:\NOWRT2AB_DB" and click on "Save" ---> make sure the checkbox is checked(tick-marked) for the option "Load this database at startup"---> click on "Create"
Data Source - local database
Local data storage - Enable
Base time interval - Tick
Click OK

This will be used as your Amibroker Database to store real time data of NOW.

Operating Instructions:

To make sure no errors occur, your daily sequence of events should be as follows strictly:
1. login in NOW first.
2. open Amibroker and Open the database "C:\NOWRT2AB_DB" (only if you have not selected it to load at amibroker startup during Amibroker configuration above).
3. in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'--->"Add-Ins"--->Fresh Session---> confirmation message.
4. in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'--->"Add-Ins"--->Enable NOWRT2AB--->some ok clicks---> click OK to start streaming live data to Amibroker.
5. in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'--->"Add-Ins"--->Disable NOWRT2AB--->to disable NOWRT2AB and press and hold "Escape" key for 5 to 10 seconds--->then click on "end" to completely stop NOWRT2AB.
6. Save Amibroker database and 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls' before you close.

NOTE: Request you all to send back the fetched data on daily or weekly basis to me. How??? Will reveal in a separate post later

Wish you all a very Happy Diwali and Happy Fetching

Hope you all benefit well from NOWRT2AB. :)

Cheers
Ciao,

I have WinXP SP3 with MS office 2003.

Any chance for me to use your software ? :confused:

Aloha,
Coriolis

murthyavr

Did any one try this new application yesterday? Then how is it working? Your feed-back
would be appreciated.

(I have a problem with linking NOW data to Excel.. referred the matter to Zerodha,
and they have to resolve it. Till such time, I can't have any first-hand experience
with this application.. )

VJAY

I got error on NOW exe.as "Scrip RTD attribute is not licensed" on Zerodha terminal....I enquired it to zerodha.....are anyone getting same error on zerodha terminal?if you have any solution for this please share here...it will help a lot....

sudris

Folder name: NOWRT2AB created after opening your file in MS-2010 but there's no excel file or NOWRT2ABlive.xls created in tat folder... i do THE SAME AS U MENTIONED Add-ins-auto config.. which was successful but on clicking enable.... i got NOWRT2AB will expire aftr 28days and NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls is not open, please open and try again...

HELP
gtronix, please make sure the path. 'NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls' must be located in 'C:\' drive and not in the database directory.

go to Addins---> "AutoConfig NOWRT2AB"
this will create directory for database for amibroker in 'C:\NOWRT2AB_DB' and an excel file in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'
If you are not able to find it then go to start--->run---> paste the below code there and hit Enter.
Code:
C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls
this should open the concerned file.

also, note that you need to run the downloaded file only once, that is when you configure it by "Autoconfig". Next time onwards, you need to simply open the file 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls' This file must be open when you are fetching the data. You can keep it minimized once data is getting reflected in Amibroker. But do not close it.
** If you get any prompt for sercurity/enable macros then click 'enable'.
I may have missed this part in my earlier post.

sudris

Did any one try this new application yesterday? Then how is it working? Your feed-back
would be appreciated.

(I have a problem with linking NOW data to Excel.. referred the matter to Zerodha,
and they have to resolve it. Till such time, I can't have any first-hand experience
with this application.. )
Yes Please, I request all of you to post the feedback/issues here

Dear sudris,
i appriciate ur hard work for it and timely release it..
thanks for ur great utility, but need customer feedback...
anyway :)
and great request to make this to metaformat for metastock users..:thumb:
Metatrader, Thank you
Your request for metastock format is being considered

VJAY

I got error on NOW exe.as "Scrip RTD attribute is not licensed" on Zerodha terminal....I enquired it to zerodha.....are anyone getting same error on zerodha terminal?if you have any solution for this please share here...it will help a lot....
Got reply from zerodha...Thanks for it fast & good customer service.....

Scrip RTD has been enabled.

First, you need to right click on your Market Watch on NOW exe and select 'Link to Excel'. In that option, you have to select 'All Items.'
Then you go to Excel and just do a paste or 'Ctrl+V'. This will enable streaming quotes on Excel.

Settings within Excel:
1. Open Excel - NOW supports Office 2007 and above.
2. Click the "Office Button" on the top left of your screen.
3. Click on "Excel Options" at the bottom of the new window.
4. In the new window, click on "Trust Center" on left-hand side menu bar.
5. On the right-hand side, please click on an option called "Trust Center Settings".
6. In the new window, click on "Trusted Locations".
7. Click on "Add new Location" on the bottom of the window.
8. Browse and select the "NOW" folder from your Program Files.
This will enable Excel to receive streaming quotes from NOW software.

Do get in touch with us if you have any other questions or concerns.

sr114

Sudris
its a great utility. thanx for that.

the main thing is that the linking to excel is prompt but to amibroker is not so.
actually the excel sheet is not updating after linking to ami. the sheet is stagnant.

am i making any mistake?

regards
sr114