• Want to give it a try

Votes: 115 46.7%
  • Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

GTji

I guess majority of the vendors capture data from one or the other broker terminal and feed it to TA softwares.
Yes, you are right on net speed. The net speed is what matters. And one who is able to run NOW exe without issues won't have any problem in fetching the data. Most traders have good speed connections these days.

one would need backfilling for only three criteria:

1. when your internet connection gets disconnected(it takes usually a matter of few seconds to get reconnected)
  2. you have any power outage
  3. and third as mentioned by you, if one tries to board the rajdhani express not from the origin point, I mean those who login after the market starts.
I've a catch here to help us not loose much for the first case above:cool:.
the second case is totally in your hands to have a power backup.:!
I'll post a separate post and elaborate it further later on...
Sad part is Amibroker doesn't support RTD yet, as per my knowledge

It is not yet out, I'll put a small instructions/help file with the release of NOWRT2AB.

Thank You All ;)
I meant you could create an RTD client(not server) in python or VB instead of Excel so that Excel could be free for other uses. (RTD server is already there in NOW.exe). If Amibroker had an RTD plugin, you could have directly connected NOW.exe to Amibroker without Excel or anything else in between.

Last edited:

carnot11

Dear All

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm sure, many of you have been waiting for the arrival of an utility/software to get live data from NOW and feed it right away to Amibroker at blazing speeds.

It gives me great pleasure to announce the birth of this long awaited utility which will grab data from NOW and feed it to Amibroker on a real time basis.

Some of the salient features of this utility called "NOWRT2AB" are :

• The utility is nothing but a simple excel sheet, yes you read it correctly!
  • Much faster than traditional DDE based feeds
  • Supports multiple scrips/tickers
  • .......and much more
But hold on for a while, as the utility is not yet ready.
I'll be posting it here soon.
Request you all to try and give feedback once I post the link.

But before that do let me know if you are interested in any such utility.
I mean do you use Amibroker and NOW? Please cast your votes in the Poll.

Thanks
Code:
//*sudris//usdk*//
Sirji,

I have Ventura, ODIN and India Infoline.

Out of the three Ventura is the fastest and with the least brokerage...

Will it be possible to apply your developed utility for Ventura exe trading platform.

I have not used NSE NOW and hence am not able to comment on it.

Though I eagerly wait for your developed utility. Please release it ASAP.

Thanks.

Enjoy,
CArnot

sudris

I meant you could create an RTD client(not server) in python or VB instead of Excel so that Excel could be free for other uses. (RTD server is already there in NOW.exe). If Amibroker had an RTD plugin, you could have directly connected NOW.exe to Amibroker without Excel or anything else in between.
I understand your concern. Believe me, my utility is designed to be very flexible and will allow you to use excel for other purposes simultaneously....I'm presently working on this.

poortrader

Exactly my point, Murthy. May be people have not assessed the potential of this utility.
I'll try my best to get it working by this week.
Mean while members can approach their respective NOW broker to enable RTD for their NOW Id. so that there won't be much delay once the utility is released.
I am using zerodha, what should I do about RTD in NOW??

poortrader

@Metatrader
Thanks for the reply, However can you elaborate a few points
1) are you using it for your personal trading?
2) how is it better than other vendors like manshirt, investbulls or icharts

sudris

poortrader,
go to http://www.tuljaconsultancy.com/category/30/12.htmland select "NOW TO AMI/META REALTIME DATA FEED" OPTION..
its fulfill ur requirement..
:thumb:
happy trading
Dearest Metatrader,

I would appreciate if we all stick to the topic of this thread. All are welcome to mention in this thread any shortcomings of other vendors/data feeders.

But for advertising services of other vendors you are free to find any other place except this thread. Thread Hijacking is not constructive.

Thank You.