• Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

murthyavr

And sudris.. since you asked for the shortcomings of other sytems, here is one
from my experience.

ManshiRT is not able to capture the quotes from NOW on a Windows7 (64 bit version). They are able to capture only upto Window7 32bit systems.

Hope the above will be of some use to you.

ocil

Exactly my point, Murthy. May be people have not assessed the potential of this utility.
I'll try my best to get it working by this week.
Mean while members can approach their respective NOW broker to enable RTD for their NOW Id. so that there won't be much delay once the utility is released.
I am on the queue for your utility...Backfill is not a issue will do it latter...But i thrill to see data from now to amibroker. thanks Sudris

kaly422000

Dear Sudris,

Cheer up!

Very few people come together to greet when the effort is in the initial stages.
More people will join once the application is out, and these people will realise the
benefit only after using it.

BTW, when can we expect version 1.0 of your application?
constructive view sud not be negetive. we all welcome him. but before u start a project u(the developer) sud know the different technical barrier. we want him to be succesfull.

kaly422000

this type of software extract data from broker terminal as now or iifl or tradetiger,odin etc. so timing is as good as ur net and broker terminal. backfilling comes from the vender's server and it start after the software start extract from broker terminal. and back filling has to match with current candles just formed with data extraction from broker terminal.

now importance of backfilling is that if u start at the middle of trading hours( for newbies, me also). there will be missing candle without proper backfilling.

sudris

this type of software extract data from broker terminal as now or iifl or tradetiger,odin etc. so timing is as good as ur net and broker terminal. backfilling comes from the vender's server and it start after the software start extract from broker terminal. and back filling has to match with current candles just formed with data extraction from broker terminal.

now importance of backfilling is that if u start at the middle of trading hours( for newbies, me also). there will be missing candle without proper backfilling.
I guess majority of the vendors capture data from one or the other broker terminal and feed it to TA softwares.
Yes, you are right on net speed. The net speed is what matters. And one who is able to run NOW exe without issues won't have any problem in fetching the data. Most traders have good speed connections these days.

one would need backfilling for only three criteria:

1. when your internet connection gets disconnected(it takes usually a matter of few seconds to get reconnected)
  2. you have any power outage
  3. and third as mentioned by you, if one tries to board the rajdhani express not from the origin point, I mean those who login after the market starts.
I've a catch here to help us not loose much for the first case above:cool:.
the second case is totally in your hands to have a power backup.:!
I'll post a separate post and elaborate it further later on...
I read somewhere that you can create an RTD client in VBA or python, if you could do that, then you would not have to use Excel to stream data into Amibroker.
Sad part is Amibroker doesn't support RTD yet, as per my knowledge

can someone tell me how to use NOWRT2AB
It is not yet out, I'll put a small instructions/help file with the release of NOWRT2AB.

Thank You All ;)

Last edited: