• Want to give it a try

Votes: 115 46.7%
  • Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

kaly422000

Problem with ManshiRT is that timestamps for the ticks are taken from your pc clock, and not from the exchange or your marketwatch, so you are bound to get incorrect timestamps even if your pc clock is synchronized with timeservers.
for their fno direct it can detect and ask to rectify pc clock if there is any mismatching of clock timing. may be they will rectify it soon.it is one of the few rt software that update very often autometically. or u can give them feed back. any way i am not any way conected with them.

kaly422000

Dear kaly422000,

sudris is not a vendor here. He is posting a free utility, with most basic functionality to start with.

As you rightly said, one requires a storage place to provide back-filling. sudris may
or may not be having the required infrastructure to do that.

So, let's welcome whatever is coming, test it at our end, and give proper feedback
to him.

Hope you will agree with me! :)
i have just point out the criterias as per my knowledge. as he can plan to start rightly. after all its a professional product. and persons thinking about developing such product sud have a view. but backfilling may be done with other way as per cash stock is concerned like chartsdata. or an initiative by joy in odinfeeder. also i think tradetiger can be used as i heard it can give 5 days backfill. and as a professional approach why sud he think for free utility , if he can give us a good utility.eod updater can be free utility but rt is a deferent game

Last edited:

bharatk8

Does NOW store data on HDD like PIB for current day?
I personally feel that capturing RT data is the first priority - specially when it comes
to NOW, the quotes are very much "current" in nature, compared to other software
applications of other brokers. This is because NOW application gets the quotes
directly from NSE servers.

It again is the first priority because there has been no such application so far, and
sudris's effort is first of its kind. His effort obviates the need to pay some third party
every month to get your own quotes into your own Amibroker!

Ability to back-fill is a secondary functionality - though it is also important.
Even if it takes some time for sudris to develop, we can wait for that as there
are other alternatives to back-fill the data in Amibroker. Few applictions at Volumedigger
are already there to do this back-fill.

But NOWRT2AB will be the first known attempt by anyone so far,
and we need to support sudris in this regard.

johnnypareek

hi,

hehehehehehehe. The Guy also started in yahoogroup, Talu.... Long debate regarding indicators n using ami. I replied in that thread that can he provide free data n his answer was "I can reply, but will not reply".

johnny

sudris

without back filling the gaps,baby will be still-born
no problem if it is stillborn, but one is sure that the baby will be born. Besides, no baby grows up in a day or two. :D
on a serious note, I'll try to work out on backfilling as I had said earlier.
anyway you all are invited to test and give feedback on how the performance turns out to be. If one wants to wait for the backfill to be functional he/she can wait. but how long? I myself have no idea at the moment. so choice is totally yours and I'm sure that we all are sensible members here.

I personally feel that capturing RT data is the first priority - specially when it comes
to NOW, the quotes are very much "current" in nature, compared to other software
applications of other brokers. This is because NOW application gets the quotes
directly from NSE servers.

It again is the first priority because there has been no such application so far, and
sudris's effort is first of its kind. His effort obviates the need to pay some third party
every month to get your own quotes into your own Amibroker!

Ability to back-fill is a secondary functionality - though it is also important.
Even if it takes some time for sudris to develop, we can wait for that as there
are other alternatives to back-fill the data in Amibroker. Few applictions at Volumedigger
are already there to do this back-fill.

But NOWRT2AB will be the first known attempt by anyone so far,
and we need to support sudris in this regard.
dear murthy, rightly said. because the data comes from NSE servers, the data would be higly reliable. that is one of the reason I took this project seriously and wanted to know if many people are genuinely interested in getting real time data from NOW. But sadly, by looking at the number of votes that have been casted so far, it seems that quite a few people are interested.
backfilling or corect backfilling (may be atleast 3 to 4 days) is a must for rt venders. apart from rt update . backfilling is a important component of rt. so server backing is necesary. we will definetely support him .as very few r interested in broker terminal based rt software.
backfilling is not a component of RT. RT is real time and backfill is not real time.

sudris

i have just point out the criterias as per my knowledge. as he can plan to start rightly. after all its a professional product. and persons thinking about developing such product sud have a view. but backfilling may be done with other way as per cash stock is concerned like chartsdata. or an initiative by joy in odinfeeder. also i think tradetiger can be used as i heard it can give 5 days backfill. and as a professional approach why sud he think for free utility , if he can give us a good utility.eod updater can be free utility but rt is a deferent game
right kaly, you are welcome to put in your view, thanks.
if it turns out to be efficient, I may think of making it a professional product :cool:
it would be a different story how many from here would be ready to kill me if I make it professional :gunsmilie:

hi,

hehehehehehehe. The Guy also started in yahoogroup, Talu.... Long debate regarding indicators n using ami. I replied in that thread that can he provide free data n his answer was "I can reply, but will not reply".

johnny
johnnypareek, It seems your post is a bit misleading, at least I couldn't understand to whom your post was addressed to. :confused:

sudris

Problem with ManshiRT is that timestamps for the ticks are taken from your pc clock, and not from the exchange or your marketwatch, so you are bound to get incorrect timestamps even if your pc clock is synchronized with timeservers.
GTji,

That is an interesting information. Information such as this will help me overcome similar issues, if any in NOWRT2AB. Hence I encourage and request you all to mention what difficulties/issues you all are facing with other 'feeders' right in this thread. I would not like to use the term 'vendor' or the vendor's name for that matter.
It would simply degrade the vendor's reputation(if he has any), which is some process I don't want to get involved in.:rolleyes:
If you wish to mention the vendor's name, I leave it totally up to you.
Alternately, if any such thread already exists, please help me find its link.

At present, I assure you all that the timestamps in NOWRT2AB will not be local timestamps but the actual timestamps from NSE. So there won't be timestamp related issue in NOWRT2AB.;)

murthyavr

But sadly, by looking at the number of votes that have been casted so far, it seems that quite a few people are interested.
Dear Sudris,

Cheer up!

Very few people come together to greet when the effort is in the initial stages.
More people will join once the application is out, and these people will realise the
benefit only after using it.

BTW, when can we expect version 1.0 of your application?