• Want to give it a try

Votes: 115 46.7%
  • Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

sudris

I am using zerodha, what should I do about RTD in NOW??
Poortrader,
Call up Zerodha and tell them you want to link your market-watch to excel. This is called RTD linking. Zerodha representative would ask you to confirm your ID and or name. It is free and is usually done instantly. Once it is enabled, he will ask you to logout and re-login in NOW.

For later steps, the help file is getting ready. So keep checking this thread.

poortrader

Poortrader,
Call up Zerodha and tell them you want to link your market-watch to excel. This is called RTD linking. Zerodha representative would ask you to confirm your ID and or name. It is free and is usually done instantly. Once it is enabled, he will ask you to logout and re-login in NOW.

For later steps, the help file is getting ready. So keep checking this thread.
Thank you, I have already linked to excel sometime back, and eagerly waiting for your utility to get going.

saivenkat

Dearest Metatrader,

I would appreciate if we all stick to the topic of this thread. All are welcome to mention in this thread any shortcomings of other vendors/data feeders.

But for advertising services of other vendors you are free to find any other place except this thread. Thread Hijacking is not constructive.

Thank You.
Eager to have the version 1.0.. Will be glad to see even if beta Version is posted here...Apart from this, sudris bro.. once when you upload the RTD here, please post a pdf file carrying in it the installation instructions.. as such i feel many of us will get benefited..

poortrader

I guess you are waiting for that auspicious day to release your first version:)
Dear all,

I understand that its been a while for NOWRT2AB to be released.
But i'm equally happy to announce to you all that the action comes live this week for sure.

Let us all hope that NSE soon declares the exact timing for Muhurat Trading which is to be conducted on 26-Oct-2011 Wednesday.

sudris

NOWRT2AB Configuration

Download Link / File attached with this post, see below.

System Requirements : MS Office 2007 and above

System Date Configuration:

Adjust the Date format.
For windows7:
Control Panel-->regional settings-->"change date, time, or number format"-->Additional Settings-->Date-->Short Date:-->type "mm/dd/yyyy" -->OK to all windows and close.
for XP and other OS I may put up later in case if you do not know how to do it

Open the downloaded file "NOWRT2AB.xlam"

go to Addins---> "AutoConfig NOWRT2AB"
this will create directory for database for amibroker in 'C:\NOWRT2AB_DB' and an excel file in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'

NOW Configuration:

Login in NOW software---> press ctrl+G to open marketwatch group setting window---> Create new group called "NOWRT2AB" and add to it whichever scrips you desire with a limit of 5 scrips.
make sure that the market-watch columns are as per the sequence below.
Left to Right--->
Column1---> Trading Symbol
Column2---> Last Traded Price
Column3---> Volume Traded Today
Column4---> Open Interest(even if you do not trade in F&O, it is mandatory to keep column4 as Open Interest)
Column5---> Last Traded Time
Column6---> Symbol('this column can't be removed from market-watch window, as per NOW settings, hence we have no option but to retain it)

NOTE: the very first scrip from the top decides the speed at which data is fetched and transferred to amibroker. So make sure that the first scrip from top is an active scrip like Nifty Future present month, or other equity scrips like SBIN, Reliance, LT, etc.

Once your market-watch with 5 scrips is ready, right click on market-watch and select "Link to Excel"---> "All Items"

open 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls' select the very first cell(no other cell will work) in the NOWRTD sheet and right click and click paste(or press ctrl+v) and save the file. you will see the market-watch getting copied to excel file.

Amibroker Configuration:

I guess, everyone knows how to create a new database in amibroker.
Amibroker-->File-->New-->Database-->Browse and select the Directory "C:\NOWRT2AB_DB" and click on "Save" ---> make sure the checkbox is checked(tick-marked) for the option "Load this database at startup"---> click on "Create"
Data Source - local database
Local data storage - Enable
Base time interval - Tick
Click OK

This will be used as your Amibroker Database to store real time data of NOW.

Operating Instructions:

To make sure no errors occur, your daily sequence of events should be as follows strictly:
1. login in NOW first.
2. open Amibroker and Open the database "C:\NOWRT2AB_DB" (only if you have not selected it to load at amibroker startup during Amibroker configuration above).
3. in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'--->"Add-Ins"--->Fresh Session---> confirmation message.
4. in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'--->"Add-Ins"--->Enable NOWRT2AB--->some ok clicks---> click OK to start streaming live data to Amibroker.
5. in 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls'--->"Add-Ins"--->Disable NOWRT2AB--->to disable NOWRT2AB and press and hold "Escape" key for 5 to 10 seconds--->then click on "end" to completely stop NOWRT2AB.
6. Save Amibroker database and 'C:\NOWRT2ABLIVE.xls' before you close.

NOTE: Request you all to send back the fetched data on daily or weekly basis to me. How??? Will reveal in a separate post later

Wish you all a very Happy Diwali and Happy Fetching

Hope you all benefit well from NOWRT2AB. :)

Cheers

Last edited: