Votes: 115 46.7%
  • Don't have NSE-NOW or Amibroker Setup

Votes: 31 12.6%
  • Thanks, But NO Thanks

Votes: 11 4.5%

• Total voters

sudris

HELLO SUDRIS
thanks for it, data is reflecting correct in excel. when i opened amibroker & made custom symbols i.e. NIFTY-I, BANKNIFTY-I, Its showing daily nifty & banknifty & no data showing in amibroker. i tried to change it in 5mn or 15mn but its not happening. so please suggest the right procedure.

regards
manish,
merely creating symbols in amibroker manually will not serve the purpose.
and unfortunately, NOW software doesn't quote the symbols as Nifty-I, Nifty-II, etc. so manually creating symbols in amibroker is not going to help.

i'm using ami unregistered version & xp, date showing is monday.november 14.2011. if its incorrect then show me the way. or better still post every step with pictures ,in a pdf format. it'll be really helpful.

lot of thanks
not an issue with unregistered amibroker. but make sure you are able to save the database.

I guess you have spotted the problem here. the date format should be strictly "mm/dd/yyyy".

just do the following:

control panel--->date, time, language and regional settings--->regional and language options--->customize--->date--->set the short date format as "mm/dd/yyyy"--->apply---> ok to all windows.

close excel and reopen and retry.
If the date format is already set as given then make sure the no. of columns and their sequence in NOW marketwatch matches exactly as given in the instructions. If you select more columns, my utility won't function.

if you happen to set the columns in NOW marketwatch as wrong then read more in this post and follow the steps given there.

Last edited:

Sunny1

Great work Sudris. time to feedback

problems.
1. that excel tab in taskbar comes and goes every second. bit irritating
2. 2 of 5 stocks are not updating properly.
3. volume is not bar by bar it just shows overall volume ( cant you use last traded volume like ltp?)

rest everything working good.

I am now getting streaming data in ambibroker, how to the cart as candle, in view i selected as candle still it shows as graph , any tips?

secondly what happens after expiry of the date, it shows 9 days to go

Sunny1

Great work Sudris. time to feedback

problems.
1. that excel tab in taskbar comes and goes every second. bit irritating
2. 2 of 5 stocks are not updating properly.
3. volume is not bar by bar it just shows overall volume ( cant you use last traded volume like ltp?)

rest everything working good.
volume is fine now...2 of 5 stocks still have problem updating

Hey guys,

I've followed the instructions very carefully and gone through it atleast 3 times.

I've setup the market watch on NOW, Amibroker database and the excel sheet.

I've added my NOW installation folder to Trusted locations in Excel(2010) as suggested by one of the users, and also called Zerodha(my broker) and got my account activated for linking to excel sheets.

The values in the excel sheet are getting updated perfectly, but the symbols are not getting added to the amibroker database for some reason.

I've attached screenshots of all 3 application windows, so you can verify the setup.

Let me know what steps I can try to get this resolved.

P.S. I'm currently using Datafeeder 2.9 as an alternative, but would like to use NOWRT2AB as its much faster.

I really appreciate Sudris' work on this application, and hope that he continues to improve this.

Last edited:
avishgr...did you went to add ins...click fresh session and then click enable...??? (in excel)
Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. I did, first fresh session, clicked OK on the prompt, then enable, OK on 2 more prompts.

I've also changed the Short date format to mm/dd/yyyy.

Sunny1

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. I did, first fresh session, clicked OK on the prompt, then enable, OK on 2 more prompts.

I've also changed the Short date format to mm/dd/yyyy.
cant guess what cud be the problem...lets wait for Sudir.
in my setup only 3 stocks are updating. other 2 have problem.