Now/Excel/Amibroker

lvgandhi

Have u tried to install it?
yes.
But database settings needed is not specified anywhere. How database needs to created for this?
Today I tried for Nest and NOW.
It works in both.
But instructions in site needs lot of improvement.
First database needs to be created 1 min as time interval. Even if it is tick, it works. But candle will be for one min min. Though option of time intervel for capture is given in catches in 2 secs min.
Further program site does not give opportunity to comment. It requires login. Nowhere it says how to login.
Though effort is good, needs a lot of improvement.
Symbol aliasing is needed for futures, say nifty-I for near month futures, so that all near month futures can be in one symbol.
As it stands today, josh utility performs better compared to any other utility ie excel2ami, shubhart plugin.

Last edited:

gambler

I am using this utility from last one month and its working fine. Symbol Aliasing is possible and i did it in excel itself.

Happy Trading!

yes.
But database settings needed is not specified anywhere. How database needs to created for this?
Today I tried for Nest and NOW.
It works in both.
But instructions in site needs lot of improvement.
First database needs to be created 1 min as time interval. Even if it is tick, it works. But candle will be for one min min. Though option of time intervel for capture is given in catches in 2 secs min.
Further program site does not give opportunity to comment. It requires login. Nowhere it says how to login.
Though effort is good, needs a lot of improvement.
Symbol aliasing is needed for futures, say nifty-I for near month futures, so that all near month futures can be in one symbol.
As it stands today, josh utility performs better compared to any other utility ie excel2ami, shubhart plugin.

a1b1trader

Hi Gambler

I am happy that you helped me and the utility excel2ami is working fine.

I have few queries and hope you will reply as soon as possible.

1. Can I add/delete a scrip in market watch, during working of utility (If required). Or I can add/delete a scrip, only, before or after market time or only after closing the utility during use.

2. If can add scrip during use, then can I change the name of the symbol also, during use.

3. I want to add NIFTY Future and BankNifty Future of Oct series. That I will do before market time but how to change trading symbol NIFTY13OCTFUT to NIFTY-II.

I think this will be somewhat different from changing RELIANCE-EQ to RELIANCE, as for this one I am just copying from the symbol column. But in the former case only word NIFTY is given in symbol column but how to add '-II'.

Thanks

gambler

Hi,

1) i never added or deleted script while software is running. If u want to add/delete any script than stop the utility first than add or delete script in mkt watch. After that link/paste mkt watch to excel sheet.

2) utility will send symbol name to amibroker which are displaying under trading symbol column. So you may manually change symbol name as per ur desire. But recommend to stop utility first.
3) just type NIFTY-II in trading symbol column as mentioned above.

Hope its clear if not than let me know, i will do it when i will be online.

Hi Gambler

I am happy that you helped me and the utility excel2ami is working fine.

I have few queries and hope you will reply as soon as possible.

1. Can I add/delete a scrip in market watch, during working of utility (If required). Or I can add/delete a scrip, only, before or after market time or only after closing the utility during use.

2. If can add scrip during use, then can I change the name of the symbol also, during use.

3. I want to add NIFTY Future and BankNifty Future of Oct series. That I will do before market time but how to change trading symbol NIFTY13OCTFUT to NIFTY-II.

I think this will be somewhat different from changing RELIANCE-EQ to RELIANCE, as for this one I am just copying from the symbol column. But in the former case only word NIFTY is given in symbol column but how to add '-II'.

Thanks

a1b1trader

Hi,

1) i never added or deleted script while software is running. If u want to add/delete any script than stop the utility first than add or delete script in mkt watch. After that link/paste mkt watch to excel sheet.

2) utility will send symbol name to amibroker which are displaying under trading symbol column. So you may manually change symbol name as per ur desire. But recommend to stop utility first.
3) just type NIFTY-II in trading symbol column as mentioned above.

Hope its clear if not than let me know, i will do it when i will be online.
Thanks
Will do as suggested.

Is is enabled as per the broker, they tried a variety of things to figure out but did not work.
I am using Win 7 and Office 2013 64 bit, is that an issue?

lvgandhi

Is is enabled as per the broker, they tried a variety of things to figure out but did not work.
I am using Win 7 and Office 2013 64 bit, is that an issue?
It has not worked even office 2010 64 bit. I was told there is problem in RTD server with 64 bit.
For side steppjng user account control in windows vista, 7 and 8, in stall all programs like nest or now, office and Amibroker in D: drive.