Now/Excel/Amibroker

lvgandhi

LVG, doing the above makes it work on 64bit office 2010?

Thanks
No. 64 bit office is different problem altogether. It has no connection with user control which can be side stepped with putting problems in D: drive.

mastermind007

Hi Gambler

I am facing issues in configuring excel2ami

Though I have configured NestTrader (NT) to feed amibroker successfully, and getting realtime quotes in amibroker. But I am facing some other problems with NestTrader, because of this, I think I cannot carry it on with NT.

A problem, I faced, is about changing name of the scrip.
When I changed scrip name from RELIANCE-EQ to RELIANCE, as suggested in the help file, it stopped fetching data.

Then I tried to configure excel2ami with NOW. Here I am facing problem.
Getting error there is no Sheet1.
I have placed and named Excel sheet as C:\BOOK2
And worksheet name as "Sheet1" (Even changing the name to NOW, made no success)
And when I click start capture, then getting No Sheet1 error.
I think, this may be possible because of missing LTD column.
BUT there is no column named LTD (like LTT, LTP, LTQ etc.) in NOW reposition column menu. So how to add it.
(Though this column is available in NT.)

Please suggest a solution, to both of the problems, if you can.

PS
I am selecting/checking respective SW out of NOW or NT or TT in the menu.
I do not use Excel2Ami but I have taken a very long (also very accurate and very reliable) route to push data to Ami without any Excel or other intermediary.

Perhaps, I can solve your problem 1: So, here it goes.

Undo the changes and reset Excel2Ami back to the state where it was working. Test to confirm.
Then in Amibroker, you can set alias for a scrip. My suggested solution to first problem would be to keep Ami Ticker's name as Reliance and set alias as Reliance-EQ.

Repeat for all names as necessary.

If this works, great !, you do not have to tinker the data source....
If this does not work, you need to write custom filter on data which
depends your actual data-conduit .

lvgandhi

I do not use Excel2Ami but I have taken a very long (also very accurate and very reliable) route to push data to Ami without any Excel or other intermediary.

Undo the changes and reset Excel2Ami back to the state where it was working. Test to confirm.
Then in Amibroker, you can set alias for a scrip. My suggested solution to first problem would be to keep Ami Ticker's name as Reliance and set alias as Reliance-EQ.

Can you explain that route?

a1b1trader

Thanks for the suggestion.

Though my problem of excel2ami was resolved by a helpful TJ member, Gambler. But I will like to know, the method to set a alias for a scrip.

So, please explain how to set alias for a scrip, with an example.
Further, by setting this data will be filled in both the symbols?

mastermind007

Can you explain that route?
I've written lots and lots of code in C# to accomplish that route ... Been more than 8-10 months now. Seriously started Amibroker only in July though.

mastermind007

Thanks for the suggestion.

Though my problem of excel2ami was resolved by a helpful TJ member, Gambler. But I will like to know, the method to set a alias for a scrip.

So, please explain how to set alias for a scrip, with an example.
Further, by setting this data will be filled in both the symbols?
a1b1,

How did Gambler solve it?

Locate the scrip In Symbols Explorer. Open Information pane from Symbol -> Information menu. Locate the Alias column in Information pane.
Type alias you want in..

See the circled areas.

a1b1trader

a1b1,

How did Gambler solve it?

Locate the scrip In Symbols Explorer. Open Information pane from Symbol -> Information menu. Locate the Alias column in Information pane.
Type alias you want in..

See the circled areas.
Thanks for the solution
But how would I know that Ami has accepted my addition of alias.

Hi
Till some time back I was using Excel2Ami and when recently I tried to configure it, it failed to work.
So want to know whether. this tool is still working. Anyone using it.
Thanks