Non repainting supertrend indicator........any rules to follow plz share

I do not use the same parameters as what is given in that site, instead I use parameters as 4 and 6.
I do not skip any signals
I do not use any other indicators
Go to my page and download the afl I use, it should give leas whipsaws.
It works wel in stocks like Relinfra, relcap, bhel, tata steel
Have u tried parameters ATR : 10 and FACTOR : 6.1

It yields excellent gains on nifty HOURLY.........i've tested ti with the historical nifty data from 2010 ( Houry Only ) and its been giving consistant returns when followed with proper discipline........give it a try and let me know. I've made some adjustments and additions to the SuperTrend afl........will post it when completely done.

Cubt

Algo Trader
Thanks, please post that afl here I shall backtest it with 6 years data n update u.

umeshmandal

Have u tried parameters ATR : 10 and FACTOR : 6.1

It yields excellent gains on nifty HOURLY.........i've tested ti with the historical nifty data from 2010 ( Houry Only ) and its been giving consistant returns when followed with proper discipline........give it a try and let me know. I've made some adjustments and additions to the SuperTrend afl........will post it when completely done.
Have not seen it, but speculating that with a Factor 6.1, the Supertrend line is sure to move away from Price by a long way, much beyond comfortable level.

Can you post NF chart for 2013 with these parameters of Supertrend?
I dont dispute that it must have given excellent returns, but there is a difference in Paper trades and actual trades! Nifty may rise by 200/300 points and Supertrend level may remain static!! Creating discomfort in trading. Just my personal thought.

Have not seen it, but speculating that with a Factor 6.1, the Supertrend line is sure to move away from Price by a long way, much beyond comfortable level.

Can you post NF chart for 2013 with these parameters of Supertrend?
I dont dispute that it must have given excellent returns, but there is a difference in Paper trades and actual trades! Nifty may rise by 200/300 points and Supertrend level may remain static!! Creating discomfort in trading. Just my personal thought.

Here it is.........I've checked it with the Nifty IEOD data fro 2008 ( thanks to Cubt ) and I've found these parameters pretty consistent if followed with discipline..........

No, let me know if you are able to do it.
I'm working on it......will let u know if I make it................just giving it a try tough I prefer manual inspection and confirming the call myself and then take position, it gives me satisfaction..............anyway where r u from and what do u do.