Non repainting supertrend indicator........any rules to follow plz share

The non repainting supertrend indicator v2 has been yielding good results (thanks to rajendran r)......he has published some things to know about the trading system.........it would be of great help if the people using this trading system could share any rules like when to avoid the call and when to enter the call so that the whipsaws could be avoided.........or any good supporting indicator which could confirm the signal given by supertrend system.

10 things you need to know about supertrend

1) supertrend is a carry forward strategy which involves overnight gapup/gapdown risk and also weekend carry forward risk. It is not a pure intraday strategy.
2)supertrend normally makes more profit when the volatility increases and makes lesser losses when the market shows compressed volatility.
3)most of the profits are made in gap up and gap down openings compared to the losses made in gapup/gapdown
4)should works good with high beta stocks and banknifty
5)supertrend has two input factors multiplier and atr. Default value is 3 and 7. Increasing the multiplier will increase the risk and decrease the profits. (tested across all the timeframes). And lower multiplier values will results in more number of trades which means more commissions and more slippages.to pay.
6)always start your trade when the past trades which you hadnt participated shows the worst. Don’t start once you seen the best best part of profits in supertrend indicator. As the winning ratio is 42% it is not advisable to start your trade once you see the best results of any indicator. Wait for three or more consecutive losses to occur on the charts to start your trade after consecutive losses and not after consecutive winning on the charts.
7)winning ratio is more or less between 42-45% across all the timeframes. (doesn’t includes brokerages and slippages). However most of the times higher time frame involves high risk in trading supertrend indicator.
8)now the strategy supports sound and popup alerts whenever there is a buy or sell signal in place. Time bar left functionality has been removed as alerts and non repainting features overrides the timebar left functionality.
9)supertrend v2.0 strategy work only with amibroker version 5.4 and higher.
10)it is advisable to trade one or two symbols at a time. Avoid jumping from one stock to another which could sometimes lead to consecutive losses and even missing most profitable signals.

whisky

All the very best.

You can post your queries about ST, in the thread of the TJ member CUBT,
he is trading NF with ST on 10/12 mins time frame after extensive testing for multiple TFs
he has also tested with many different additional conditions

He has stated somewhere on his thread that not to do any filtering or
adding any more indicators as the overall performance will be worse

:) Happy

Let me know if u have any questions. I have been using it for past couple of months. I use it mainly on Nifty and Tamil Trader is another member who uses it mainly on Crude oil.
Thanks for the reply CUBT.............Are u using the default parameters or have u modified them asper your practice..........do u execute each and every buy/sell signal shown by the system or do u avoid some signals to reduce the no.of loss trades.......do u use this system alone or do u take support of any other indicator to confirm the signal shown by the system.......

As said by RAJENDRAN R, the system works good for high beta scripts......
I am studying this system for quite some time and trying to find a way to avoid whipsaws but struggling to find a way.......have a look at the pics below...

Cubt

Algo Trader
I do not use the same parameters as what is given in that site, instead I use parameters as 4 and 6.
I do not skip any signals
I do not use any other indicators
Go to my page and download the afl I use, it should give leas whipsaws.
It works wel in stocks like Relinfra, relcap, bhel, tata steel

prabhsingh

I do not use the same parameters as what is given in that site, instead I use parameters as 4 and 6.
I do not skip any signals
I do not use any other indicators
Go to my page and download the afl I use, it should give leas whipsaws.
It works wel in stocks like Relinfra, relcap, bhel, tata steel
Why does not it works in all the stocks?

Cubt

Algo Trader
Why does not it works in all the stocks?
Super Trend works only with High Beta stocks, only with these kinda stocks you can catch large trends. Other less beta stocks always move in sideways movement for 90% of the time. So u wont be able to make much profits with other stocks which are less volatile