non repainting afl thread...

dear all seniors and the moderators...
you must have observed that many new people who are in trading come to this trading room. they expect some learning here.. however there are many afls which are shared here are repainting.. and they are misguided by that.. so i request all the seniors to please post all the non repainting and back testable afls only in this thread .. so that people dont loose money and loss faith from stock market..
i never mean to critisize any one or something like that. .but if we diffrerentiate ourself than the so called money making afls which are sold online.. and people do misguided then it would be great..

also seniors please post your views how to make sure that the afl or trading system is non repainting and do not give wrong impressive results...

it can be a simple ema crossover system to complex gann or fibonacci system but without using any future quotes...

thanks shruti trader.. u r also very active on traderji.. post all the afls u know who are non repainting and can be backtested... have a great day !!!

KelvinHand

dear all seniors and the moderators...
you must have observed that many new people who are in trading come to this trading room. they expect some learning here.. however there are many afls which are shared here are repainting.. and they are misguided by that.. so i request all the seniors to please post all the non repainting and back testable afls only in this thread .. so that people dont loose money and loss faith from stock market..
i never mean to critisize any one or something like that. .but if we diffrerentiate ourself than the so called money making afls which are sold online.. and people do misguided then it would be great..

also seniors please post your views how to make sure that the afl or trading system is non repainting and do not give wrong impressive results...

it can be a simple ema crossover system to complex gann or fibonacci system but without using any future quotes...

It is very unfair for programmer to help you to fix the problem and modified the AFL that you want, and asking us to backtest and ensure no re-painting.

We do it for free and We had our own business to take care also. Then why should get all these trouble.

If such difficulties to work out the testing and feedback to us. Then i rather sit back and relax myself.

Usually the AFL script was grabbed from some where. So the Repaint was it cause by the programmer OR the person provided the AFL ???

Last edited:
dear kelvinji .. u r getting me wrong.. u r always a helpful person and its our fortune that u r with us.. my only point is as u help people to correct their afl and other doubts.. my only request is to post the afls which u think are non repainting and its good if people can use it at their risk... but atleast they are not giving re paininting signals.. thats it.. also to guide people with fake afls and warn them not to use them... i never say that what u do is wrong..

hope my point is clear.

KelvinHand

dear kelvinji .. u r getting me wrong.. u r always a helpful person and its our fortune that u r with us.. my only point is as u help people to correct their afl and other doubts.. my only request is to post the afls which u think are non repainting and its good if people can use it at their risk... but atleast they are not giving re paininting signals.. thats it.. also to guide people with fake afls and warn them not to use them... i never say that what u do is wrong..

hope my point is clear.
I understand your points.

Anyone that evaluate the system had the responsibility to test out for his need. He should had to demo in virtual money and then live demo with small money till profitable then real live trade.

During the Virtual Demo and Live Demo, they should see the repainting (other) issue and raise out the problem proper.

As programmers here, mostly are fixing surface problem - like software complain errors that don't affect much.

When i post the AFL, how can i know it is not repainting(other) issues ?
I don't know.

What happen it work on Ver 5.60, and you are testing on 5.61.Beta version.
The issue come from amibroker, the person used do not know it and blamed on your AFL.

The repainting issue to you could be a problem in trading, but it maybe when we look into the code, it suppose to work in that way. OR
it could the person using it think it s HOLLY GRAIL, but ignore the trend, S/R, situation.

I and you know some indicators repainting, for example 3 levels zigzag samefor, people complain a lot on it repaint almost all the forum.
But to me, it is a good indicator, it can pin point top and bottom. Not perfect but still good.

Most of the system will come with confirmation other indicators such as Cycle Identifier (another repainting indicator) or OB/OS.
Some people trade with successful and some people keep on failing.
How are you going to advise the one that is failure ?

What is fake AFLs ?
Most of the people got the AFL from wisestocktrader.com indicator section. Some of the people got it from the pasties section.
Some of them are functions/procedures.
It could be accidentally post it there with non-complete work by the creator.

Some of AFL is required to attached to the price chart. But your habit is want the whole thing serve in front of you.
So you see a blank chart.

Conclusion are:
- When you facing problem, please raise out the issue.
- When raise out the issue, give more details to allow programmer to solve your problem fast n easily.
- Please don't come with this "still face the problem", i observe mostly will ignore you.

Last edited:
hi
seeing KelvinHand,s comments,I remembered something.
HTML:
What is fake AFLs ?
Most of the people got the AFL from wisestocktrader.com indicator section. Some of the people got it from the pasties section.
Some of them are functions/procedures.
It could be accidentally post it there with non-complete work by the creator.

Some of AFL is required to attached to the price chart. But your habit is want the whole thing serve in front of you.
So you see a blank chart.

I found somebody posted recent casoni,s supply demand version on wisestocktrader site.

It is unfortunate that the poster could not even mention who the originator is.
I posted my comments there.

HI FRIENDS
IF anybody has the so called non repainting code afl,please let us know what it is,in case you found it.
at least for an example sake.
regards & thanks
ford

It will be interesting to see if you have found any simple ema crossover system which is repainting... as I doubt it can happen :lol:. EMA is either crossed up or down. it can't change.. May be you can post some where you are facing issues and then ask help. As this is very generalized for anyone to provide you answer/solution.