No Saturday trading for metals. Now how about opening MCX at 0630 in the morning?

Klewtar

I just got the message in my trading terminal that from tomorrow onwards that the MCX would be closed for trading metals and energy on Saturdays.

I would be very happy for trading to start at 0630 (I think that is the time that the LME opens) since that would increase the accuracy of my indicator based trading process/system.

Last edited:
I just got the message in my trading terminal that from tomorrow onwards that the MCX would be closed for trading metals and energy on Saturdays.

I would be very happy for trading to start at 0630 (I think that is the time that the LME opens) since that would increase the accuracy of my indicator based trading process/system.
Are you sure? What would be new trading timings ?

ashu1234

Yes, trading for non-agricultural commodities will be halted on saturdays.
http://www.mcxindia.com//Uploads/ExchangeCircular/2013/September/English/Circular313-2013.zip

DSM

ashu1234

Ashu, your Saturdays will be free now.... for a few months atleast.
Yes, now we can enjoy the 5 day a week work schedule.:)
But why few months atleast?? Sounds a bit depressing:(
Seems like FMC got aware of the manipulation of price on saturdays, may be this is the reason behind banning saturday trades.
But thanks, it will save many from entering wrong and manipulated moves.

DSM

He he.... :) Few months - Is this move from FMC not temporary? I think they will review after 3 months.

I looked fw. to leisurely trading on Sat. (If and when I wanted to)

BTW - What is your preferred timing - mornings or evening.?

Yes, now we can enjoy the 5 day a week work schedule.:)
But why few months atleast?? Sounds a bit depressing:(
Seems like FMC got aware of the manipulation of price on saturdays, may be this is the reason behind banning saturday trades.
But thanks, it will save many from entering wrong and manipulated moves.

ashu1234

He he.... :) Few months - Is this move from FMC not temporary? I think they will review after 3 months.

I looked fw. to leisurely trading on Sat. (If and when I wanted to)

BTW - What is your preferred timing - mornings or evening.?
I guess move from FMC is kind of permanent, or I hope so.

I love to trade on evening sessions 5 p.m onwards. But Indian and European market opening times draws me into the market to exploit on the opportunities, but still I feel evening is the best time to start with fresh perspective of the markets.

Ya from now Saturday is closed for non agricultural MCX.
Can you pls tell me why prices in gold, silver moved very quickly in evening means after 5:00 PM.
and how to recognize them in commodities

thanks

I guess move from FMC is kind of permanent, or I hope so.

I love to trade on evening sessions 5 p.m onwards. But Indian and European market opening times draws me into the market to exploit on the opportunities, but still I feel evening is the best time to start with fresh perspective of the markets.
Can you pls tell me why prices in gold, silver moved very quickly in evening means after 5:00 PM.
and how to recognize them in commodities
plz help me...:confused:
thanks

Tamil trader

how will you start trading at 0630? can you explain?