no one going to earn even single rupee day trading

thanks a lot man. is there a way to find what would be the largest practical volume size to use for such scalping type strategies? as you pointed out buying at bid is out of the question. so even if i place a buy order at the present ask price, what would be the maximum volume that i can go for while still ensuring that the order gets filled in a couple of minutes at the most?

veluri1967

Some people were relaxing on a sea shore on a nice weather day. After sometime a ray from the sky passed and an angle suddenly appeared before them. The angle asked the people to pick up as many pibbles as possible from the sand (pibbles are smooth small rocks in the sand) and to hold them until her reappearance. Having said this the angle disappeared. The people reacted differently to the advice. Some decided to continue relaxing. Some decided to follow angles advice. Some decided to take the advice half hearted.

Any how, they started picking up pibbles. Some picked up bags bull. Some in small numbers. Some of them nil.

They waited for the angle.....waited....waited.....but angle did not appear again.

Disappointed the people carried all their pibbles collected to their respective homes. Having got up, they were surprised to see all pebbles turned into diamonds.

What would be going in the minds of people decided to relax and in the minds of people who put up half hearted efforts?

Need to say more about people who worked through?

Some people were relaxing on a sea shore on a nice weather day. After sometime a ray from the sky passed and an angle suddenly appeared before them. The angle asked the people to pick up as many pibbles as possible from the sand (pibbles are smooth small rocks in the sand) and to hold them until her reappearance. Having said this the angle disappeared. The people reacted differently to the advice. Some decided to continue relaxing. Some decided to follow angles advice. Some decided to take the advice half hearted.

Any how, they started picking up pibbles. Some picked up bags bull. Some in small numbers. Some of them nil.

They waited for the angle.....waited....waited.....but angle did not appear again.

Disappointed the people carried all their pibbles collected to their respective homes. Having got up, they were surprised to see all pebbles turned into diamonds.

What would be going in the minds of people decided to relax and in the minds of people who put up half hearted efforts?

Need to say more about people who worked through?
Dude!!! wat the $%^&

Raghavacc

A patient was operated for his eyes by the doctor.

The patient asked the doctor:
Doctor, After operation I will be alright?

Doctor: Yes.

Patient: I will be able to read isn't it?

Doctor: Yes.

The patient got operated and after a month he revisited the doctor for check up.

Doctor: Are you alright now?

Patient: Yes

Doctor: Are you able to read now?

Patient: No

Doctor: Why?

Patient: Because I cant read .I am an illiterate.!!

Most traders have excellent trading systems on which they spend hundreds,thousands and lakhs. But they don't know how to trade and what trading is all about.

Regards
Raghav

Raghavacc

practically speaking i have tasted and traded the technique upto 0.25 % and 0.33% levels and gives excellent results .

but while using all these with sucessfully even more than 80-90 % chances , question is what will be condition if by any how price goes against u i hope it losing 10- 15 % chances will eat all the profit generated by all wins and what should be a stoploss in such situation , that would be a million $ question .

I personally feel there can be a solutions to this.

1. When we enter a trade based on signal and market goes against us, reverse the trade with double the quantity immediately with Market order So that we are stopped from wrong trade and also are joining a winning trade.This should work 80% of the times.But for new traders its almost impossible because they get caught up with their nerves!!. In the world under the sun ( even under moon!!:) )Can there be any substitute for experience???

Regards
Raghav

rajputz

practically speaking i have tasted and traded the technique upto 0.25 % and 0.33% levels and gives excellent results .

but while using all these with sucessfully even more than 80-90 % chances , question is what will be condition if by any how price goes against u i hope it losing 10- 15 % chances will eat all the profit generated by all wins and what should be a stoploss in such situation , that would be a million $ question .

I personally feel there can be a solutions to this.

1. When we enter a trade based on signal and market goes against us, reverse the trade with double the quantity immediately with Market order So that we are stopped from wrong trade and also are joining a winning trade.This should work 80% of the times.But for new traders its almost impossible because they get caught up with their nerves!!. In the world under the sun ( even under moon!!:) )Can there be any substitute for experience???

Regards
Raghav
this approach works fine, but in volatile market like ours this does not seem t be practical. As the market goes against you, it is entirely difficult to enter into the opposite trade with accurate timing. Moreover there are more chances of picking the Bottom to sell this way and top to buy...think over it. Market makers know how to play with Mass traders mind.

And our own mind also pays with us. If we feel bullish, we cant enter the bear side an vice versa.

if it was so much achievable then 90% of the traders would be winners and 10 percent looser. But we have 10 percent winners and 90 percent looser. We have a zero sum game, where every penny lost is a penny earned by some one else.

Raghavacc

this approach works fine, but in volatile market like ours this does not seem t be practical. As the market goes against you, it is entirely difficult to enter into the opposite trade with accurate timing. Moreover there are more chances of picking the Bottom to sell this way and top to buy...think over it. Market makers know how to play with Mass traders mind.

And our own mind also pays with us. If we feel bullish, we cant enter the bear side an vice versa.

if it was so much achievable then 90% of the traders would be winners and 10 percent looser. But we have 10 percent winners and 90 percent looser. We have a zero sum game, where every penny lost is a penny earned by some one else.
Last 2 sentences of my previous post itself has the answer to this question.

Regards
Raghav

One very important thing
i was talking about which stocks to trade an important question.

Answer is here , for this purpose we will make two category of stocks
1) stocks that we have to long

2) stocks we have to short

for this purpose we would chose stocks with high volumes, and
which are bullish in short and intermediate term .

1)STOCKS WHICH WE HAVE TO LONG

Firstly we are gonna see in which direction market( nifty , sensex) is going . For this purpose we would see daily charts of the index in long run , if u have charting softwares such as metastock , and have access to systems such as adaptive moving average , 2 day , 3 day breakout techniques , tectical geomatric system lt , etc its better , u could take long or short signal from that for intermediate or swing trades .

( if u don't have such system don't worry use 11 period ema and 55 period ema )

( 11ema tells short term trend and 55 ema tells intermediate term trend )

if nifty is above both in daily chart it means it is bullish in short and intermediate term )

now what we have to do is to select sectors such as banking , pherm, it, metal , automobiles , engineering, etc , which of the above or other sector is bullish iun short and intermediate term .

Suppose automobile is bullish in intermediate and short term , so now we are gonna look for which perticular stock is most bullish in that perticular secto suppose tatamotos and maruti is most bullish

hi abhiwhy

how to I come to know about bullishness of sectors, can you suggest any free charting site's name which shows secorital graph.

thanx
nilesh mishra

abhiwhy

One very important thing
i was talking about which stocks to trade an important question.

Answer is here , for this purpose we will make two category of stocks
1) stocks that we have to long

2) stocks we have to short

for this purpose we would chose stocks with high volumes, and
which are bullish in short and intermediate term .

1)STOCKS WHICH WE HAVE TO LONG

Firstly we are gonna see in which direction market( nifty , sensex) is going . For this purpose we would see daily charts of the index in long run , if u have charting softwares such as metastock , and have access to systems such as adaptive moving average , 2 day , 3 day breakout techniques , tectical geomatric system lt , etc its better , u could take long or short signal from that for intermediate or swing trades .

( if u don't have such system don't worry use 11 period ema and 55 period ema )

( 11ema tells short term trend and 55 ema tells intermediate term trend )

if nifty is above both in daily chart it means it is bullish in short and intermediate term )

now what we have to do is to select sectors such as banking , pherm, it, metal , automobiles , engineering, etc , which of the above or other sector is bullish iun short and intermediate term .

Suppose automobile is bullish in intermediate and short term , so now we are gonna look for which perticular stock is most bullish in that perticular secto suppose tatamotos and maruti is most bullish

hi abhiwhy

how to I come to know about bullishness of sectors, can you suggest any free charting site's name which shows secorital graph.

thanx
nilesh mishra
nse and bse have several sectoral indices , u could download data using getbraviacopy software ( download it from www.getbhavcopy.com) , download free version of amibroker or f chart (charting software ) and uwould be able to see all these sectoral indices charts .
if any problem regarding charting software and datafeeder u could go to the respective section/threads in traderji .

abhi

thanx abhi for your reply. I am going through your entire thread step by step ,hope would be able to make some bucks in day trading by your stratategy.

nilesh mishra:)