no one going to earn even single rupee day trading

abhiwhy

Once upon a time

, there was a software engineer who used to develop programs on his Pentium machine, sitting under a tree on the banks of a river. He used to earn his bread by selling those programs in the Sunday market.

One day, while he was working, his machine tumbled off the table and fell in the river. Encouraged by the Panchatantra story of his childhood

( the woodcutter and the axe )

He started praying to the River Goddess. The River Goddess wanted to test him and so appeared only after one month of rigorous prayers. The engineer told her that he had lost his computer in the river.

As usual, the Goddess wanted to test his honesty. She showed him a match box and asked,

Is this your computer ?

Disappointed by the Goddess lack of computer awareness, the engineer replied, No.

She next showed him a pocket-sized calculator and asked if that was his.
Annoyed, the engineer said

No, not at all !!

Finally, she came up with his own Pentium machine and asked if it was his.
The engineer, left with no option, sighed and said Yes.

The River Goddess was happy with his honesty. She was about to give him all three items, but before she could make the offer, the engineer asked her, Dont you know that youre supposed to show me some better computers before bringing up my own ?

The River Goddess, angered at this, replied, I know that, you stupid donkey! The first two things I showed you were the Trillennium and the Billennium, the latest computers from IBM !. So saying, she disappeared with the Pentium!!

Moral: If youre not up-to-date with technology trends, its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think youre a genius than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

rajputz

look like you will get more abhi.....alot of negative news in the market...can draw the market down....i havent got any position yet...but will enter according to trend tomorow....lets c what happens

Raghavacc

A tiny interpretation of candlestick analysis from my side on daily chart of Nifty.

The market Mantra is when everyone including your kid is bearish, big fishes come and bulldoze.Can that be at 4500 or 4000?or else.........

Regards
Raghav
First support got cracked with a bang..

Abhi,

This installment its Greece and Spain .Not china as expected....;) neeext pls...............

Regards
Raghav

Raghavacc

A professor and his colleague daily used to go for lunch together.

The professor used to complain everyday about his lunch.One day he was very upset with his lunch and shouted" Same damn dal roti again"!!

Colleague turned to him and asked "what happenned"?

Professor:I am fed up with the same stuff day in and day out.Damn it.

Coleague:If so why cant you ask your wife to prepare something else for you?

Professor:Wife? whose wife?.I don't have wife .I prepare it myself.!!!!

Same applies to traders.we blame market,servants,powercut etc etc for our results.But we eat what we prepare.

Regards
Raghav

Gkn

So Market continued to be negative and every body started being philosophical. Think no body was carrying any short positions

abhiwhy

look like you will get more abhi.....alot of negative news in the market...can draw the market down....i havent got any position yet...but will enter according to trend tomorow....lets c what happens
maza aa gaya :yahoo: but still dil mange more :D abhi man nahi bhara .:rofl:

even using simplest technical tools analysis such as use of line studies , boxes , bottom breakouts etc. nothing is looking any good to assume any sign of recovery but there exist the monster the 200 period moving average ( long term support at that level ) is there around 4643.70 level so if nifty could break that level the roller-coaster ride will keep continue .................... .........

im using the strategy described in the first post of this thread. i want to know that is it possible to trade for tiny margins say around 0.1% while using huge volumes through leverage to achieve the same targets?

and how can one determine at which point do slippage and liquidity actually become a problem while increasing your trade size? i would imagine that at large volumes it could actually take several minutes just for your order to get filled if you are using limit orders?

thanks in advance

abhiwhy

im using the strategy described in the first post of this thread. i want to know that is it possible to trade for tiny margins say around 0.1% while using huge volumes through leverage to achieve the same targets?

and how can one determine at which point do slippage and liquidity actually become a problem while increasing your trade size? i would imagine that at large volumes it could actually take several minutes just for your order to get filled if you are using limit orders?

thanks in advance

i think u need to become something like a stock broker for the above purpose
because u will get free brokrage and stt ( as being part of business expense is adjusted against profit ) so no trading expense and hence every thing else will be profit .

if u place 0.10 % order even if ur brokrage is as low as 0.01% ur total cost will eat around 50% of ur profit .

but if we ignore all these things then , in my point of view probability of winning will cross atleast more than 90-95% times because 0.10 % target is something like RS 1 target for a share worth of 1000 bucks .

yet probability of sucess will increase dramatically while using such a small target but in this case i would rather suggest u to use or follow MACD indicator because this indicator gives very early signal (yet it cheats most of the time but for a small target like yours u r gonna be a winner )

practically speaking i have tasted and traded the technique upto 0.25 % and 0.33% levels and gives excellent results .

but while using all these with sucessfully even more than 80-90 % chances , question is what will be condition if by any how price goes against u i hope it losing 10- 15 % chances will eat all the profit generated by all wins and what should be a stoploss in such situation , that would be a million $ question .

one more important thing is that if u use high leverage or exposer and ur margin is significantly high then even if u will place a market order for buy or sell then it will not be executed so easily .

competition is still in this small profit world here Scalpers are sitting next to u to eat ur profit . i will explain it with an example .

1st of all u need to trade very high volume stocks such as ifci, rnrl,suzlon,rcom,unitech etc. suppose u trade ifci and it is trading around rs 50 ( for easy of calculation)

so u want to buy at 50 and set a target around (0.10 % of 50) RS 0.05 above than buy price i.e., RS 50.05

now suppose u put a buy (mkt ) order then u will find that the trade was executed @50.05 ( due to bid-ask spread )

and if u place a limit buy order around RS.50 then order will not be executed untill the price comes to 49.95 also if it comes it does not gurantee that ur whole order has been executed .

similar is true when u will try to exit from the position , ur target order of RS 50.05 will not be executed untill price comes upto 50.10 and it does not gurantee that all no. of shares have been traded ,

problem is also when u put a stoploss , in case of sl ur position will be auto killed because if u bought at RS 50 and ( we assume ur risk reward is 1:1) so you should place a target of RS 50.05 and SL around 49.95 .

as u place a SL order there are strong chances of its order matching with the corresponding bid orders . and any small fluctuation will be dangerous .

u can say that u will trade costly stocks but u will never get such volumes there and even if u finds some then also the bid-ask spread will be higher there .

theoritically this kind of thing sounds well but practically very tough or nearly impossible for non- institutional traders like u and me , i hope information useful .:thumb:

regards

abhi:cool: