No more bragging - Now trading Nifty futures with AFL.

suri112000

The money, method and mind are in synch.

The system is of swing in nature and based on common available tools in Amibroker. Purely mechanical in nature hence no emotions of fear or greed or hoping.

There is stop loss for every trade and a profit target as well.

When in trade, the exit is on any one of the following.

1. stop loss hit. or
2. Profit target hit. or
3. In case of neither (1) nor (2), the reverse signal.

Aim is to be profitable at the end of a year. Monthly/quarterly/half yearly P & L is not going to decide the fate of this system.

This thread is more of a log diary to track it for a reasonable period.

This month signals so far.

04/11/2015......Buy @ 8132
04/11/2015......Short @ 8106 (Reverse signal)
Loss of 26 points.

Still holding the shorts.

wisp

The money, method and mind are in synch.

The system is of swing in nature and based on common available tools in Amibroker. Purely mechanical in nature hence no emotions of fear or greed or hoping.

There is stop loss for every trade and a profit target as well.

When in trade, the exit is on any one of the following.

1. stop loss hit. or
2. Profit target hit. or
3. In case of neither (1) nor (2), the reverse signal.

Aim is to be profitable at the end of a year. Monthly/quarterly/half yearly P & L is not going to decide the fate of this system.

This thread is more of a log diary to track it for a reasonable period.

This month signals so far.

04/11/2015......Buy @ 8132
04/11/2015......Short @ 8106 (Reverse signal)
Loss of 26 points.

Still holding the shorts.
You have posted many systems. Were you profitable in any of the other systems you had posted?

suri112000

You have posted many systems. Were you profitable in any of the other systems you had posted?
Purely mechanical systems are not. Mechanical systems with some discretionary decisions are profitable. I am talking about my real trading experience. The main reasons for failure is lack of patience & boredom to trade mechanical systems and the desire for instant hype out of win trades which is met by very high volume bets in intraday trades. For example in one of the intraday trades, I hit a profit of Rs.1,70,000 which brought me an emotional rush to satisfy my inner desire as my losses are small infront of this monster profit. I agree it is a bit of emotional kick, but I cannot help it as I need it.:D

I strongly believe this system is unique and exceptional. This has to work as there is no other way. I am trading it myself before confirming it to the boarders.

Equity curves for 3 years and the year 2015 respectively. Watch them carefully, lows are never broken.

Last edited:

DSM

Suri,

Not clear, as your post are contradictory. First one says :

Purely mechanical in nature hence no emotions of fear or greed or hoping.

While responding to Wisp, you contradict yourself :

Mechanical systems with some discretionary decisions are profitable.

Not sure which one you are following.

Secondly from the graph, I understand this is not reflection of actual trades, but generated by testing..... If so, how do you test for discretion?

Thanks.....

suri112000

Suri,

Not clear, as your post are contradictory. First one says :

Purely mechanical in nature hence no emotions of fear or greed or hoping.

While responding to Wisp, you contradict yourself :

Mechanical systems with some discretionary decisions are profitable.

Not sure which one you are following.

Secondly from the graph, I understand this is not reflection of actual trades, but generated by testing..... If so, how do you test for discretion?

Thanks.....
No confusion. First statement is intact. Second statement is related to the querry raised. However, the system I talked about in this thread is purely mechanical without any discretionary decisions.

DSM

Great. Wish you well. And good luck with the trades. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

No confusion. First statement is intact. Second statement is related to the querry raised. However, the system I talked about in this thread is purely mechanical without any discretionary decisions.

amitrandive

Purely mechanical systems are not. Mechanical systems with some discretionary decisions are profitable. I am talking about my real trading experience. The main reasons for failure is lack of patience & boredom to trade mechanical systems and the desire for instant hype out of win trades which is met by very high volume bets in intraday trades. For example in one of the intraday trades, I hit a profit of Rs.1,70,000 which brought me an emotional rush to satisfy my inner desire as my losses are small infront of this monster profit. I agree it is a bit of emotional kick, but I cannot help it as I need it.:D

I strongly believe this system is unique and exceptional. This has to work as there is no other way. I am trading it myself before confirming it to the boarders.

Equity curves for 3 years and the year 2015 respectively. Watch them carefully, lows are never broken.
Don't mean to discourage you,but is the issue more psychological related to you as a person rather than the system itself?
if it is you need to wrok on yourself rather than working on the system.

Regarding the equity curve, I personally feel that is highly overrated.Your account balance says all has to within a month or two of trading.No need for the equity curve and backtesting,etc
hardly ever any system works as per the backtesting results in the real world due to gap ups and gap downs which makes every technical indicator go haywire.

Some good reading on the equity curve ,
http://www.futuresmag.com/2015/03/16/myths-and-facts-equity-curve-trading
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article48460.html

Please study the below table to understand where you stand as a trader.

Last edited:

SaravananKS

Don't mean to discourage you,but is the issue more psychological related to you as a person rather than the system itself?
if it is you need to wrok on yourself rather than working on the system.

Regarding the equity curve, I personally feel that is highly overrated.Your account balance says all has to within a month or two of trading.No need for the equity curve and backtesting,etc
hardly ever any system works as per the backtesting results in the real world due to gap ups and gap downs which makes every technical indicator go haywire.

Some good reading on the equity curve ,
http://www.futuresmag.com/2015/03/16/myths-and-facts-equity-curve-trading
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article48460.html

Please study the below table to understand where you stand as a trader.

the Image is too small difficult to read can any one post the contents in it ?