No display, mouse on, keyboard off, smps on

TradeJoker

No display, mouse on, keyboard off, smps on, fan on,processor fan running, front panel LED on , monitor LED blinking,

RAM problem?

One more reason, if it is a laptop

Were you facing any problem in lifting monitor part since last some days. If so then the hinges of the laptop gone and if you were opening monitor forcefully, then a wire connecting lower part to monitor would have gone. You can test this by connecting keyboard portion to an other monitor, using a suitable cable.

Further, if it is a laptop then (my suggestion would be) do not try to repair or clean ram yourself, unless you have done it earlier and you know how to do it. In desktop cleaning RAM is not difficult, but in laptop one has to open quite a few parts, to reach there.

So taking help of a technician will be a good idea.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
One more reason, if it is a laptop

Were you facing any problem in lifting monitor part since last some days. If so then the hinges of the laptop gone and if you were opening monitor forcefully, then a wire connecting lower part to monitor would have gone. You can test this by connecting keyboard portion to an other monitor, using a suitable cable.

Further, if it is a laptop then (my suggestion would be) do not try to repair or clean ram yourself, unless you have done it earlier and you know how to do it. In desktop cleaning RAM is not difficult, but in laptop one has to open quite a few parts, to reach there.

So taking help of a technician will be a good idea.
the parts he mentioned smps, processor fan, fan, etc cannot be observed in lappy i think.

@TJ, Btw I had almost similar symptoms in lappy 10 days back, I thought Ram prob, but service centre fellows told Motherboard power chip problem and changed the power chip.

For me Bios and welcome screen was not flashing at startup.

In Ram prob also bios will not flash I think.

In case u are able to access Ram, remove all Rams and switch it on, immediately u should hear two beep sounds. If 2 beep sounds is heard means MB is fine and it has detected that Ram is missing.

If no beep sounds and all other things are on means some part of Mb chip failure.

the parts he mentioned smps, processor fan, fan, etc cannot be observed in lappy i think.
BTW
I am not comfortable with mouse pad of laptop and so use mouse, so added for laptop also.
BTW, I didnt notice words smps, fan etc. Bhai market time mein itna dhyan se kaun parta hai :D
(I noticed it, after I replied but didnt edit)

aja

It's an old desktop , I just checked the RAM date , 2009 year model :D
yes,this is RAM issue,same symptoms I used to get on my Desktop

No display, mouse on, keyboard off, smps on, fan on,processor fan running, front panel LED on , monitor LED blinking,

RAM problem?
my RAM is also 2009 Model,DDR2.

Whenever I get such problem,I take out RAM,uspe ek mantar maar deta hu,mantar maarne ke baad ek joordaar fuk :lol:

Uske baad Simos Battery nikal ke uspe bhi mantar maar deta hu

Press F2 to load default setup...aise kaam chal jaata hai. :D

yes,this is RAM issue,same symptoms I used to get on my Desktop

my RAM is also 2009 Model,DDR2.

Whenever I get such problem,I take out RAM,uspe ek mantar maar deta hu,mantar maarne ke baad ek joordaar fuk :lol:

Uske baad Simos Battery nikal ke uspe bhi mantar maar deta hu

Press F2 to load default setup...aise kaam chal jaata hai. :D
ha ha
RAM + eraser = mantar :D