No Delivery Period??

Just curious .. how will the list help u .

If yr idea is to identify scrips good for short term trading, then I dont think u will get much joy, because the professionals/insiders who have this info in advance wd have already pushed the price up (or down) before start of the ND period.

See this again, to understand why and how prices move during ND
http://www.hinduonnet.com/businessline/iw/2000/12/03/stories/0703g151.htm

HAppy to learn a new technique , if you can clarify
AGILENT
Very true Agilent, and thats why I would like to avoid these scrips while in N.D. No new technique here I am afraid.

Raju

Hi Agilent ,

I also agree with rajsingh "thats why I would like to avoid these scrips while in N.D. No new technique here I am afraid".

Raju

Dear boarders,

Is the no-delivery period still applicable?
As per some news articles it has been abolished
http : // www . the hindu business line . com / 2002 / 04 / 10 / stories / 2002041000520500 . htm
( Please remove the extra spaces from the link )

But I purchased Tata Investment Corporation on 12-09-2008 on NSE and my broker told me that the shares would be credited to my account only on 19-09-2008 since uptil 17-09-2008 was a ND period for this scrip.
Is my broker lying? Was there any ND period for this scrip?
Can I get the info about ND period from NSE website? Any kind of help is appreciated!

rvm123

no delivery details will be available in "Economic Times " Newspaper.

whenever any company declares record date for bonus, etc., sometime before the record date, they will fix the no delivery period, during which dates, the scrip will not be traded and only the transfers will be going on to arrive at the shareholders on the exact date of record date.

for example, if for a scrip, record date for bonus is announced as 1.11.2008, the no delivery period may be from 28.10.08 to 31.10.08. During this period, the scripts will not be traded and the settlements for all the trades before this dates have to be made to finalise the eligible members for the bonus.

Hope this is correct. if i am not correct, somebody may correct