niftyonly trading

kingkrunal

Nifty spot closed 10863.5

Long term bullish
MEDIUM TERM BULLISH
SHORT TERM BULLISH, BEARISH IF CLOSES BELOW 10805
8DEMA 10815
Hi there,

Been backtesting and paper trading since last month.. and on trading view. the backtesting result for last few years ..
the results are for 1 lot and on the next day opening price ... and also with 1 lakh capital.

Can you please let us know how were your results apart from partial booking on 3.15 pm trades - i am unable to code in pinescript to get the 3.15 on daily chart...

since 2015 till now it is in 29% loss.. this is with 1 lot of 75 on spot

1551609506696.png

since 2018 it is 56% profit

1551609568462.png

gopicbin1

Hi there,

Been backtesting and paper trading since last month.. and on trading view. the backtesting result for last few years ..
the results are for 1 lot and on the next day opening price ... and also with 1 lakh capital.

Can you please let us know how were your results apart from partial booking on 3.15 pm trades - i am unable to code in pinescript to get the 3.15 on daily chart...

since 2015 till now it is in 29% loss.. this is with 1 lot of 75 on spot

View attachment 33649

since 2018 it is 56% profit

View attachment 33650
you have to consider position sizing here, means you have to add 1 lot for every bullish day ( shortterm) and vice versa.. if you can backtest this results will be known and are good rewarding... if time permits i will post

gopicbin1

With the options going weekly, how has it affected your strategy ? Do you still go for the monthly options ?
yes .. monthly options only

kingkrunal

you have to consider position sizing here, means you have to add 1 lot for every bullish day ( shortterm) and vice versa.. if you can backtest this results will be known and are good rewarding... if time permits i will post
Thanks .. i will be adding the pyramiding option and check as well.. hope you get some time .. cheers :)

kingkrunal

Thanks .. i will be adding the pyramiding option and check as well.. hope you get some time .. cheers :)
Did with pyramiding.. but it is showing more losses.. as it is not considering the partial profit booking..... now coding for partial profit booking thingy :)

gopicbin1

Nifty spot closed 10987.45

Long term bullish
Medium term bullish
Short term bullish, bearish if closes below 10825
8DEMA 10850

kingkrunal

manaually did the backtesting from june 2016 - it is raking up to 1260 points ..with single lot and all trades taken at EOD..
the max drawdown at one point was 871 points .. but discipline is the key as in any trading system..

another thing which i noticed was the whips are less in 8 EMA rather as compared to 8mda.. doing the manual for the same period and update shortly. ..

thanks

gopicbin1

Nifty spot closed 11053

Long term bullish
Medium term bullish
Short term bullish, bearish if closes below 10850
8DEMA 10895