NIFTY50 Stocks

Schatz

US markets in green.

Indian Markets likely to follow suit? Many times they do, but many times they buck the trend.

When Modi announced 21 day lock-down, everyone predicted a bloodbath next day. Markets behaved exactly opposite. On CNBC TV-18, in the pre-opening session when market was marginally in green, the news-person actually laughed sarcastically indicating that the markets in no way can be positive. Markets had the biggest positive closing that day.
not really.. all experienced traders including yours truly had seen this in cycles.. i was expecting rally after the lockdown announcement .. i had overnight bearish position (also short vol)... i closed it in the morning in anticipation of rally and which happened subsequently ...
The day prior to lockdown mkts knew something was coming .. i was expecting an emergency announcement... my day position got trapped due to rise in VIX .. i decided to carry the position against booking loss(a big risk taken) and fortunately got rewarded handsomely next morning due to IV crush in first hour ...
it shows that markets have many colours and many ways to participate not just long or short...

Both RBL and IndusInd are suffering from flight of money. IndusInd recently reported that Govt departments and corporates were pulling out money and overall deposit was 11% down from previous quarter. Even if nothing wrong with bank, such news will alert people and they will try pulling out their money until RBI steps in. At that point the banks becomes Yes Bank!

The recent news about increase in deposit in HDFC Bank and Kotak Bank proves that many are moving money from small banks (could be from listed entities or from co-operative banks). So do 'Trade' in smaller banks, but Invest in big ones.
Indusind is 15% up.
A delight for smart traders.

IRCTC is locked in 5% UC since a week. If its UC limit wasnt 5%, it would have jumped 20% today.

It had many LCs earlier and a sharp fall from 2K to 800 within a month.

IPO in OCT-19 at issue price of 300 something, listing at 700 something and then rising to 2K and falling to 800 in March 2020.

I think it should get the award of "most promising newcomer" or "biggest roller-coaster ride by a newcomer within 6 months".

Any Expert's opinion on this?

^^ same table reflecting status as of today!
I have created python script to do this automatically, can run it every week and keep it posted here.
If ppl have similar ideas let me know I can work on them when time permits...

Attached the xls created by the python program. Thanks to Stuti for this idea!! No need to manually put it in excel sheet :):)

Btw, this can create sheet for any set of stocks, not only for nifty 50.

Attachments

I have created python script to do this automatically, can run it every week and keep it posted here.
If ppl have similar ideas let me know I can work on them when time permits...

Attached the xls created by the python program. Thanks to Stuti for this idea!! No need to manually put it in excel sheet :):)

Btw, this can create sheet for any set of stocks, not only for nifty 50.

Please share the python code for download the nifty 50 stocks data.