Nifty-Super Trend Strategy with partial profits every trade.

Hi friends,

I like to explain a strategy for Intraday / Swing trading for Nifty futures. I am following this for past 2 months and till date results are good. But i like to backtest even previous months say whole 2014. As i am using Tradetiger I can backtest max only one previous months data. So, I request all seniors and fellow friends to look into it and give me the backtesting report of whole 2014.

Rules are:
1.I use 15 min TF Nifty future chart.
2.And I use Supertrend Indicator with (5,3.00) settings.
3.Once price crosses ST turns positive BUY, Target is 25 pts and SL is ST line.
4.Same way once price crosses ST turns negative SELL, Target is 25 pts and SL is ST line.

This way for 3 months i am following and out of 22 trades only 4 trades SL was hit other 18 trades our Target was achieved. I have attached a snapshot of previous trades this month.

My doubt is may be now Nifty is in Trending phase this result has come in case of flat market the same way can i get the results or i'll be in loss.
So please Backtest and give a result for whole 2014.

I request our Seniors to give any suggestions or any improvements on this.

Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

bunti_k23

you are very clear that you are getting 25 pts thats ok.have you calculated at how much pts is stoploss coming? on how much R:R u r operating?

laotze

Hi friends,

I like to explain a strategy for Intraday / Swing trading for Nifty futures. I am following this for past 2 months and till date results are good. But i like to backtest even previous months say whole 2014. As i am using Tradetiger I can backtest max only one previous months data. So, I request all seniors and fellow friends to look into it and give me the backtesting report of whole 2014.

Rules are:
1.I use 15 min TF Nifty future chart.
2.And I use Supertrend Indicator with (5,3.00) settings.
3.Once price crosses ST turns positive BUY, Target is 25 pts and SL is ST line.
4.Same way once price crosses ST turns negative SELL, Target is 25 pts and SL is ST line.

This way for 3 months i am following and out of 22 trades only 4 trades SL was hit other 18 trades our Target was achieved. I have attached a snapshot of previous trades this month.

My doubt is may be now Nifty is in Trending phase this result has come in case of flat market the same way can i get the results or i'll be in loss.
So please Backtest and give a result for whole 2014.

I request our Seniors to give any suggestions or any improvements on this.

Thank you.
Trending market supertrend may work (all systems will work)...in flat market, it is very difficult to make profit with consistency...

Take care...

you are very clear that you are getting 25 pts thats ok.have you calculated at how much pts is stoploss coming? on how much R:R u r operating?
Right. Can you post your backtest report ??

Thanks for posting the strategy.

To post charts/images, upload them on an external website and then paste the link here. Check my signature for instructions.

Charles07

Are you still using this system ? How is it going
regards,
charles