Nifty : Real time discussions...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if you are gambling, do it where there is some remote possibility... you could have better taken 5500 ce for now... 5700 was rejected by the market last month and August is generally not a month of great returns... :)
Nice Suggestion PGDIMES. I am also adding few more.

Do not go against the Trend for positional trades.
Do not Play Options like they are futures.Trade them in first 10-12 days of the month only.

linkon7

Are .....you dont see these figures while daytrading ??? Then you are boxing with one hand tied at your back....

You get the weighted Average right on your terminal.....

Smart_trade

I thought you were talking of VWAP (volume weighted average price) and was a bit surprised that you track MP concepts. Normally if VWAP and POC are close to one another, it signifies a balanced market and we try to fade price when its near 2 std deviation of VWAP.

I never tracked ATP before. Thanks for bringing it to my radar.

linkon7

I thought you were talking of VWAP (volume weighted average price) and was a bit surprised that you track MP concepts. Normally if VWAP and POC are close to one another, it signifies a balanced market and we try to fade price when its near 2 std deviation of VWAP.

I never tracked ATP before. Thanks for bringing it to my radar.
Incase some people are wondering what i am talking about....

adult image hosting

Are .....you dont see these figures while daytrading ??? Then you are boxing with one hand tied at your back....

You get the weighted Average right on your terminal.....

Smart_trade
I know a few really large traders ( more like operators) who trade only on ATP or Weighted Average.....ATP falling and Price below ATP is a weakness and ATP rising and price above ATP is strength for them and they move large volumes on these indicators.....they continuously watch movement of ATP and the price in relation to ATP......that is their TA indicator.....

Similarly in uptrend, if you see ATP 35-40 points above the current price and both rising, that indicates that bears are trapped and getting squeezed. So expect them to run for cover after 2:45 to cover their short positions....and after 3:00 even the covering by die hard bears and brokerages add fuel to the fire and prices go through the roof on short covering.....that is the time when alert traders book their profits on their long positions.

Smart_trade

wow nifty at 5204 ( 128 pints down)....oh god is this the time to buy or the we are in the bearish mode once again...
i feel the time has come for bears to make money

linkon7

Today a lot of fortunes will be made / lost in the first hour itself. In all probability, the gap down in the first 5 min will be followed by a severe up move by operators in the next few minutes and will cause plenty of newbies like myself to be caught wrong footed.

Be extra careful when trading such extra ordinary days. Preferably stay on the sidelines and watch the show. Dont attempt to short at open as thats what majority will do at the same time and market never obliges majority.

There will be margin calls and that will just add to the chaos...! Avoid trading today....!

PGDIMES

Today a lot of fortunes will be made / lost in the first hour itself. In all probability, the gap down in the first 5 min will be followed by a severe up move by operators in the next few minutes and will cause plenty of newbies like myself to be caught wrong footed.

Be extra careful when trading such extra ordinary days. Preferably stay on the sidelines and watch the show. Dont attempt to short at open as thats what majority will do at the same time and market never obliges majority.
AND market proved you wrong... :) closed all my shorts from the day on which RBI's announcements were made... now waiting in the sidelines... don't think market would fly this time like the past two instances when it touched 5180... though market is supreme...

P.S. : Have 2 lots of 5400 CE @ 95... taken yesterday to hedge my shorts... :( now have to dump them at some suitable price... :p

Its always safe to sit out for first 45 to 60 mins of day. Well I may be have lost money quite a few times

Once burned twice shy :p

anyways excellent observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.