• Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BabaMagic

Anup & Niftytaurus,

Based on my observations, 90% of the times it will test the breakout/breakdown levels atleast once after sustaining b4 meeting the targets.

Taking today's case, The upside breakout level was sustained at 12:26 PM & at that point of time Nifty Spot was at 6263 levels(6 points above the actual breakout level). It made a high of 6273 but reversed back to 6257 levels at around 2:30 PM b4 achieving the target of 6277.20 at 3 PM.

Secondly, This strategy will achieve its 0.70% target from the breakout/breakdown levels on most days(more than 80%), which means u can go for a full monty even if the 0.325% target gets achieved in the first 10 minutes itself(very very rare), u can play for the remaining 0.375% target.

Logically, The difference between the breakout/breakdown levels and the 0.70% target is more than 40 points on nifty cash & it can't make a move of 40 points in 10 minutes.

Will be more than happy to illustrate this in details as & when such movement occurs.

Hope i have answered ur query.

Thanks Always!

Anup & Niftytaurus,

Based on my observations, 90% of the times it will test the breakout/breakdown levels atleast once after sustaining b4 meeting the targets.

Taking today's case, The upside breakout level was sustained at 12:26 PM & at that point of time Nifty Spot was at 6263 levels(6 points above the actual breakout level). It made a high of 6273 but reversed back to 6257 levels at around 2:30 PM b4 achieving the target of 6277.20 at 3 PM.

Secondly, This strategy will achieve its 0.70% target from the breakout/breakdown levels on most days(more than 80%), which means u can go for a full monty even if the 0.325% target gets achieved in the first 10 minutes itself(very very rare), u can play for the remaining 0.375% target.

Logically, The difference between the breakout/breakdown levels and the 0.70% target is more than 40 points on nifty cash & it can't make a move of 40 points in 10 minutes.

Will be more than happy to illustrate this in details as & when such movement occurs.

Hope i have answered ur query.

Thanks Always!
Bhai does this work for Banknifty too ?

anup

Thanks for explanation...One more question :

Suppose the upside breakout is at 6200and Target 6220. And think at 10.40 Nifty crossed 6200 at 10.47 and Nifty reached 6220... And nifty comes down to 6200 at 11.00... Can we still take the position

BabaMagic

Yes you can.

U may refer to post #2545 where the same case occurred. After achieving the target in the 10th minute itself..it went back & tested the levels of 6121.20 again b4 achieving the target of 6064.

However, in this case I will execute the trade with small qty.

Unfortunate to miss out that day.

Nite Nite!

avny

MAX OI of CE has changed to 6400

so short can be taken around 6400,if MAX OI does not change again

Reasons why i feel Nifty is already in the bear market:-
1. Trend changed from Bull to Bear on 24th Oct(Refer to my earlier threads).
2. PCR below 1 since then
3. Nifty MACD chart turned negative today.
4. Majority of the Nifty 50 stocks with high weightages are now approaching
towards negative MACD. Some already in the negative.

So exactly after 2 months of Bull ride(28th August till today), its time for the BEARS to enjoy the ride.

Catch this opportunity before everyone does.

CHEERS!
Your other logic looks reasonable but the trend changing should undergo some serious tweaks.. it exactly did opposite after the day..not trying to be picky, but woud benefit all