• Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

john302928

Dear Profit taker,
I would like to share a small suggestion on this excel file. It looks like currently if we want to view the option chain for another stock, we have to go to Data--connection-Edit query etc. Instead of that, why dont you simply add a new sheet in the same excel file with all the F&O symbols and expiry dates and you can just add these cells as reference in the data query link.

I have never done anything in the method like you have done with Data-->Connections.
In excel macro when we download anything like that we can refer the cells for he variables. I believe there should be something you can workout for your excel file as well. it well help a lot

Dear Amit Sir,
I think you may changed Link in Edit Web Query window.

Try do this:
Step 1 : Go to Data (in Excel) --> Connection ---> Select STOCK FUTURE -->
Properties --> Select Defination Tab ---> Click Edit Query --> Just Change Stock name from RELIANCE to INFY in Address Bar and click Go --> Click Import --> Click ok --> Click Close.

Step 2 : Go to Data (in Excel) --> Connection ---> Select STOCK OPTION -->
Properties --> Select Defination Tab ---> Click Edit Query --> Just Change Stock name from RELIANCE to INFY in Address Bar and click Go --> Click Import --> Click ok --> Click Close.

travi

Does anybody get a Circular reference error in the OAT excel sheet ?
It is for the cell $A$45 in Auto sheet

Relish

Does anybody get a Circular reference error in the OAT excel sheet ?
It is for the cell $A$45 in Auto sheet
Yes, Just cancel all will work. But I am not able to see where it is happen since password protected; how you are able to see?

travi

Yes, Just cancel all will work. But I am not able to see where it is happen since password protected; how you are able to see?
Sheet is password protected, you can view the formulas, but if you go to Formula tab and error-checking, it will show the error cell for that sheet.
Infact all sheets have this circular reference problem, but I assume, that the sheet still works if those errors are ignored.

Relish

Sheet is password protected, you can view the formulas, but if you go to Formula tab and error-checking, it will show the error cell for that sheet.
Infact all sheets have this circular reference problem, but I assume, that the sheet still works if those errors are ignored.
Thank's for info... Yes file works when we cancel error.

Relish

But many read-only fields stay 0, so I think the values are not computing correctly.
Eg: IV is 0 on main sheet, that isn't supposed to be like that.
Oh Means some changes need to be done?