• Overall trading has improved with OAT

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Understanding of Options has improved with OAT

Votes: 57 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wisp

Dear Kumar,
Option Chain Data is fetching from Nse Site. This Data will update every 2 or 3 Minutes once in this site. Some times taking more than 5 Miuntes also.

Now Data is saving every 15 minutes once in Auto Sheet. I will try to Save Every 5 Minutes in Auto Sheet.
There was a file Raj OATS options chain analyzer, it is not in the downloads, where can I find it? does it still work?

john302928

Hi HealthRaj. It was indeed a very informative post. Thank you for that.
I would like to get a clarification on your statement under RULE:1

"BULLs have LONG Positions in the market. So to protect their LONGs they take the Opposite positions in the Options market by selling the PUTS (PE) to hedge their positions, so that if the market goes in the opposite direction of their Longs they can make money using Options."

Here you have mentioned that when BULLS are long in market they do short sell the PE. But when market goes in opposite direction, they CANT make money in PE. Because they had shorted PE. If we say "market goes in opposite direction of BULLS then it is BEARS and they supposed to buy PE not shorting PE. If they had shorted they will loose further because PE will start rising.

So I feel it supposed to be like this
When BULLS are long in EQ then either they have to be long in PE or short CALLS then only they can get benefited even if market goes opposite direction
Please correct me if I am wrong

john302928

Dear Profit taker,
I would like to share a small suggestion on this excel file. It looks like currently if we want to view the option chain for another stock, we have to go to Data--connection-Edit query etc. Instead of that, why dont you simply add a new sheet in the same excel file with all the F&O symbols and expiry dates and you can just add these cells as reference in the data query link.

I have never done anything in the method like you have done with Data-->Connections.
In excel macro when we download anything like that we can refer the cells for he variables. I believe there should be something you can workout for your excel file as well. it well help a lot

Dear Amit Sir,
I think you may changed Link in Edit Web Query window.

Try do this:
Step 1 : Go to Data (in Excel) --> Connection ---> Select STOCK FUTURE -->
Properties --> Select Defination Tab ---> Click Edit Query --> Just Change Stock name from RELIANCE to INFY in Address Bar and click Go --> Click Import --> Click ok --> Click Close.

Step 2 : Go to Data (in Excel) --> Connection ---> Select STOCK OPTION -->
Properties --> Select Defination Tab ---> Click Edit Query --> Just Change Stock name from RELIANCE to INFY in Address Bar and click Go --> Click Import --> Click ok --> Click Close.

travi

Does anybody get a Circular reference error in the OAT excel sheet ?
It is for the cell $A$45 in Auto sheet

Relish

Does anybody get a Circular reference error in the OAT excel sheet ?
It is for the cell $A$45 in Auto sheet
Yes, Just cancel all will work. But I am not able to see where it is happen since password protected; how you are able to see?

travi

Yes, Just cancel all will work. But I am not able to see where it is happen since password protected; how you are able to see?
Sheet is password protected, you can view the formulas, but if you go to Formula tab and error-checking, it will show the error cell for that sheet.
Infact all sheets have this circular reference problem, but I assume, that the sheet still works if those errors are ignored.

Relish

Sheet is password protected, you can view the formulas, but if you go to Formula tab and error-checking, it will show the error cell for that sheet.
Infact all sheets have this circular reference problem, but I assume, that the sheet still works if those errors are ignored.
Thank's for info... Yes file works when we cancel error.

Relish

But many read-only fields stay 0, so I think the values are not computing correctly.
Eg: IV is 0 on main sheet, that isn't supposed to be like that.
Oh Means some changes need to be done?