Nifty Open Interest Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridhar

Hi!

I am also downloading the NSE OI data to create a reference data bank for later analysis.

I downloaded the OI today @ 20:45 hrs. I am finding some diff in OI figures, particularly 5700CE change etc. Could this be because of exchange squaring off of auction positions etc?

Last edited:

Option.Trader

Hi!

I am also downloading the NSE OI data to create a reference data bank for later analysis.

I downloaded the OI today @ 20:45 hrs. I am finding some diff in OI figures, particularly 5700CE change etc. Could this be because of exchange squaring off of auction positions etc?
I am not able to see ur screen shot due to the way u have uploaded, please see Timepass users link to upload images for an easier way

Hi!

Hello Sridhar. For uploading images, please upload them on an external website and post the link here. Using "Manage Attachments" you will run out of attachment space (100kb).

See my signature for how to upload images.
Keep it up :thumb:

pav

Dear option.Trader

(1)What is Positive OI and negative OI in call options and put options ? please give the definition.

(2)and what is difference between Positive OI and negative OI ? and how one can identify Positive OI and negative OI in call/put options ?

Regards
Pav

Last edited:

Option.Trader

Dear option.Trader

(1)What is Positive OI and negative OI in call options and put options ? please give the definition.

(2)and what is difference between Positive OI and negative OI ? and how one can identify Positive OI and negative OI in call/put options ?

Regards
Pav
It depends on the Price action and OI
For eg
Like today which saw a huge unwinding(a.k.a -ve OI) in 5700PE with an increase in option price, means all the bulls ran for cover and writers squared off their position as they dont think 5700 will hold. Sentiments have turned negative, usually a bearish signal

On the other hand, OI built up in 5700Ce(+ve OI) with a fall in price indicates call writers have written the call (bearish view) as they think 5700 is capped

Hope this clears... dont worry, just follow the post and after a few day's u will be able to make the same judgement call.. its simple and gives a feel of crowd sentiments

SexyTrader

Tomorrow Friday, i FEEL the Nifty should reach 5850 or even 5900 :thumb:

5850 sure looks achievable ...maybe even 5900 is possible!

The 5800 CE will give the maximum profits tomorrow Friday is what I feel :)

Option.Trader

Date : Oct 11 2012

Looks like FII's dont want to carry over positions. Everyday is a new day
From FII data,
Only Shorts were unwinded, so it was more of a short covering happening today.
Options data saw some 5600, 5700 CE getting unwinded and corresponding puts getting written. So looks like upside is intact

Status
Not open for further replies.