Nifty Futures Trading Strategy

Great work Trading system, I am trying to analyse data and generate signals for Nifty and various stock futures. I intend to generate signals for a comapratively much smaller horizon/ time period. Could you guide me as to how i can achieve intraday buy/ sell signals?
Thank
Gia

tanewbie

Hi all
Lot of interest in nifty futures charts.

to get started you need:
a charting software like amibroker or metastock. I use Amibroker.
Then u need real time data which you need to subscribe.
Some of the RT data providers are:
www.technicaltrends.com
www.viratechindia.com
www.stoxtrend.com

and so on.

If some of you can not afford then the following is a good alternative:
I can mail you data till 08 April 2005. You can update in amibroker provided u get quotes thro Power India Bulls or Sharekhan' speedtrade.
I use Speedtrade. you can save data file of a stock in speedtrade to csv. then doing some adjustments to the data in csv by means of a macro you can import and update in Amibroker.
If any one wants any further inofrmation do let me know.

tanewbie said:
Hi all
Lot of interest in nifty futures charts.

to get started you need:
a charting software like amibroker or metastock. I use Amibroker.
Then u need real time data which you need to subscribe.
Some of the RT data providers are:
www.technicaltrends.com
www.viratechindia.com
www.stoxtrend.com

and so on.

If some of you can not afford then the following is a good alternative:
I can mail you data till 08 April 2005. You can update in amibroker provided u get quotes thro Power India Bulls or Sharekhan' speedtrade.
I use Speedtrade. you can save data file of a stock in speedtrade to csv. then doing some adjustments to the data in csv by means of a macro you can import and update in Amibroker.
If any one wants any further inofrmation do let me know.
Hi , My name is Gia.. I hv just installed Metastock 8.0 ( i aslo hv sharekhan speedtrade ) ..

Could you please provide me with the data for metastock...
I would like to know how to go abt using metastock for intraday / positional trading.... anyone who has any code/ system that they can share with me... pls let me know

my email: [email protected]
Thanx
Gia

To tanewbie:

Hi,

Good work!
Could you briefly guide me as to how to rig up Ami using the Power Indiabulls feed in Realtime?

Thx for your time.

radzman :confused:

tanewbie

hi gia
I just sent you the metestock data thro yousendit.com
After downloading the file do not delete it from yousendit servers. Incase anyone else wants it you can pass the refernce by email only.

Now updating:
Since you have speedtrade:
Open speedtrade and say u open the chart of nifty april futrues. change the time frame to 5mins by rightclicking on the chart.
After changing timeframe, rightclick on chart to save data to csv file.
This csv file is saved in speedtrade directory. open this file in excel and u need to write a macro to make the data compatibel to metastock. The data in csv file has one problem it has time and open price together as one field. You hav to split it. For this you may need powerutiliites f or excel.
Inca se u dont have power utilities do let me know I can mail it to you.

This is a cumbersome method of updating but then its free. Incase its too difficult then you have to subscribe for RT data.
Cheers