Nifty Futures Intraday Software!!!

Hi Traders,

Hope all the traders made money and learned a lot from the markets this year and the coming year will be add more to it.
I am interested in doing Trading of Intraday Nifty Futures.
Please tell me the software available for Nifty Futures that shows real time price charts and popular technical indicators / oscillators.
I would like to know the name of the s/w, vendor who sells this s/w, price and experience of the traders and their comfort level.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
a$h.investor

hai ash
i think best software is amibroker.its cheap whn compared with other software.u can get live data in ab fm yahoo using many softwareavailable in
this forum.pls read amibroker in software section.
pls go to 4shared.com and search for amibroker.u can download the software for free.its mmuch better than ms and adv get

jesse

Hi Traders,

Hope all the traders made money and learned a lot from the markets this year and the coming year will be add more to it.
I am interested in doing Trading of Intraday Nifty Futures.
Please tell me the software available for Nifty Futures that shows real time price charts and popular technical indicators / oscillators.
I would like to know the name of the s/w, vendor who sells this s/w, price and experience of the traders and their comfort level.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
a$h.investor

swagat86

hai ash
i think best software is amibroker.its cheap whn compared with other software.u can get live data in ab fm yahoo using many softwareavailable in
this forum.pls read amibroker in software section.
pls go to 4shared.com and search for amibroker.u can download the software for free.its mmuch better than ms and adv get

jesse
Dear jesse, Can u tel me how can u get Nifty FUTUTRES data from yahoo????
Im not talkin of Cash markets. Futures????:confused:

Best Wishes
Swagat

stumper

Hi ,

I believe you are talking about day-trading the Nifty Futures.
Please understand that the foremost need for day trading is to have live charts (of course many a people do trading purely by tape reading as well). Data from Yahoo is not live (i believe it is delayed by 15 minutes) which is disaster on choppy days. Software like fibotrade or amibroker are good for "End Of Day" studies but may not help you with day trading.

For Charting this instrument you have 3 options.
A) Use online web based charting for Futures. Here again i found only two reliable candidates (1) www.nseindia.com and (2) www.icharts.in. The Nse site gives almost live data but does not carry technical studies. The "icharts" website carry's data which is 5 minutes delayed but allows you to do studies. Use icharts on non volatile days. I somehow did not like nse charting facility.

or

B) You can buy software like "Metastock" or "Esignal". Both of them charge you on monthly basis. Metastock charges you for the datafeed. esignal however has cheaper datafeed but charges you high price for using the software. Personally i use Esignal for NSE data. I pay 2$ per month for datafeed and upward of 100$ per month for using the software.

or

C) Many a online brokers like indiabulls, geojit, etc offer broker terminal with charting. Odin (and Odin lite) are good ONLY for execution but dont have technical analysis functions (ie. charts). So check with ur broker if his software provides u with online charts.

You maybe wondering why diffrentiate between Point B) and Point C). You see software like Metatrader and esignal are most usefull for people who want advanced capability of various indicatirs or write their own indicators, do backtesting, etc. They have many customized inicators contributed by community as well. Your brokers software might not provide this but can very well suffice your needs if you just want a platform with charts and basic indicators.

I hope i was able to help.

Stumper

Thanks & Regards.

beginner_av

yes stumper you were absolutely right...ash..if u have lots of money to spare try tradevinayak from technicaltrends...they give live fno data and signals...in all probability u wont make any money...but theres a thin chance that u may also.

one thing that i dont agree with stumper is about ami, wealthlabetc..they can be used very well for intraday...esig is very expensive if u want all of options, futures and stock...only stock is very cheap..stock+futures comes in between.
u can use their script based on javascript to program ur custom studies...the problem is data charges are very high irrespective of accompanying software or not...viratech quoted me 55000 pa for data...

btw if u just want data...technicaltrends provide RT-Pro for 28000 pa...but check it out thoroughly..

“tick-by-tick data” = One bar / candle per tic (trade).

If you get one bar only after 5mts you will end up with 5mts delayed bar ( What you see is the O-H-L-C-V, of a 5mts bar)
I have used (and discontinued) both Viratech technicaltrends from cost point of view. Now you can get much better deals, when you look around.

beginner_av

can u pls clarify this? just talked to them...they said u can see the market live tick-by-tick with each tick adding to the 5 min bar and u can see the formation of the bar live. If that is the case, u can anytime enter the trade by specifying condition that barcomplete=no and exit on same bar = yes.

beginner_av

tick-by-tick data = One bar / candle per tic (trade).
Now you can get much better deals, when you look around.
Can you name some of these better deals. Most of the ones I see rip the data form Yahoo/Indiabulls...and not from the exchange. There's a big business continuity issue here and no professional worth their salt will touch these...only freebie lovers and amateurs will run to them and one fine day will wake up and find that yahoo has stopped giving free data or PIB has changed its policies.